Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Windows 7 and 10 are the best OS's and i'm glad stebe is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

As a Millennial I posted:

lol if you haven't known this since like... freakin 2002...

I haven't even owned an apple computer since 2007 (end of the Golden age, PowerPC 4ever) and yes I knew about that in the goddamned public beta you noob

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Yikes

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
i think mean the start bar, OP

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
one thing I miss from windows is thew ability to winkey+1/2/3/etc. to launch or switch between your pinned apps

wouldn't really work on OS X though since there is no real "systemwide" modifier like there is in windows

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Silver Alicorn posted:

dock on right

NO LEFT

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

is there any window manager that has a taskbar for each monitor? like I'm imagining it would move the launcher icon to the monitor with the associated window when you drag the window around

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im just getting used to osx. its so fuckin boring. omg

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

why would you get a new computer before replacing your 5 year old iphone 4 echi

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

mishaq posted:

why would you get a new computer before replacing your 5 year old iphone 4 echi

Echi follows the philosophy that when something is broken and old, you just buy a newer model but keep the old one around for emotional security/familiarity

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

The taskbar rules. I hate clicking the downloads thing in the dock and it gets a weird bouncy bent boner and I have to click the head to see the downloads folder which is all I wanted in anyway.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the solution is aways to use whatever spotlight-esque feature your operating system supports.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
you don't click on things. wtf. stop clicking on things.

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

you don't click on things. wtf. stop clicking on things.

I was under the impression that mouse users were a minority in our glorious YOSPOS

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i still have to train my rat brain to rid itself of its mouse dependency

for poo poo i know is not immediately on the dock i usually use spotlight to launch it, but its hard to give up the habit man

its hard :350:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
loving amazing to me that ppl in YOSPOS click on this thats not a n00bs head with an AWP

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol if you arent owning with dualies instead of being some pussy sniping little bitch

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
what is wrong with clicking things

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Lol if you click a thing in tyool 2015

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope this is ironic and there is not actually a sub culture of smelly nerds who gently caress their computers and don't click things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

oliwan posted:

I hope this is ironic and there is not actually a sub culture of smelly nerds who gently caress their computers and don't click things

*does a double take* Excuse me?

• Locked thread