Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

its like 70-80% comfy world building cross country adventure until poo poo hits the fan and then it gets real as gently caress and stays that way from then all the way to the end of the second game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

each of the arcs in the first game ends in pretty dramatic fashion too. they're all different and fun in their own ways.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the first game I've ever played that had a slower start than persona 4. Congrats, trails in the sky. You did it! 5 hours in and I just got access to a third party member.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

FC is slow paced but the prologue of FC is the bad kind of slow paced imo. You are almost out of the rough patch tho

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

This is the first game I've ever played that had a slower start than persona 4. Congrats, trails in the sky. You did it! 5 hours in and I just got access to a third party member.

It's 30 hours into Final Fantasy 13 till you can actually customize your party and thus how you fight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

13's tutorial is over in about 40 minutes though, the early chapters are all just mixing and matching different options. I wouldn't count that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It annoyed me because Snow, Lightning, and Hope were my favorite combo in the early game and then it was like 25 hours till I could use that again. Lol.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

In Training posted:

13's tutorial is over in about 40 minutes though, the early chapters are all just mixing and matching different options. I wouldn't count that

it's a cool game but it's literally running in straight lines, watching cut scenes, auto attacking, and equipping bangles for at least the first few hours. i can't remember how much longer it is before they give you real access to the paradigm system or whatever but it's like, a long time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat the prologue and it only took 5 and a half hours

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Out of the 3 trails games available in English it's def got the longest prologue. Hell the regular chapters are only slightly longer than it in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I beat the prologue and it only took 5 and a half hours

i got stuck inside the magic shop during the tutorial for a long time because i didn't equip what the game wanted so it probably took me longer.

• Locked thread