Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's the walking simulator that's going to make Dear Esther look like Dear Who? and Gone Home look like Gone Where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

I was going to get this but it's four times as expensive as Firewatch.

It's also much longer

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i beat the challenge. now there is nothing left to do in this game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Is it fascism yet posted:

i beat the challenge. now there is nothing left to do in this game

Did you do the obelisks ?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

net cafe scandal posted:

I was going to get this but it's four times as expensive as Firewatch.

Incorrect. It is twice as expensive.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
The challenge was extremely cool. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the game, even though it involved tetromino panels, which are the kind I have the second-hardest time with. (only second to the sound puzzles.)

nearly done with the game now... not far to go, I think.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

goferchan posted:

Did you do the obelisks ?

hell no. gently caress that environmental puzzle poo poo. the normal puzzles were all quite good though.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
these obelisks are absolutely insane. jonathan blow is a madman.

I doubt I have the stamina to beat all of them (I really just want to find the use of the last hidden clue sheet, at this point), but man. a puzzle where you have to walk out to the edge of the draw distance, so that the LOD decreases and a circle becomes pure yellow? something else...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

J-Blo is cool.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

J-Blo is cool.

he seems really smart, to me

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

he seems really smart, to me

I do not have the ability to predict the future. It doesn't matter anyway because time is not a linear thing that flows from past to future. Everything that could possibly happen already exists, you just don't see it right now. So there is not too much of a reason to get antsy about it.

in response to a question about the future of single-player puzzle games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope his future includes being shot by one billion shotgun blasts to the dome.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

net cafe scandal posted:

J-Blo is cool.

He said he wanted to make this "A game for people who read Gravity's Rainbow" and I was filled with the desire to play a game for people who want to brutally murder Jonathan Blow.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

you can be smart and pretentious at the same time

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Alain Post posted:

He said he wanted to make this "A game for people who read Gravity's Rainbow" and I was filled with the desire to play a game for people who want to brutally murder Jonathan Blow.

From what I hear, that book is epic.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Wormskull posted:

I hope his future includes being shot by one billion shotgun blasts to the dome.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

you can be smart and pretentious at the same time

as a sometimes indie game dev, jonathan blow is all I could dream of being. he's my hero, and - i love him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcwLgTlGqAU

Lol

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

there's several of these. two of them talk about how great science is. one of them has the equivalent of one of braid's optional 'star' puzzles, where you have to click on something at the start of a recording of an hour-long GDC presentation, and then click once more near the end. if you just alt-tab out for the entire thing, you'll miss the window for the second click and have to do the whole thing over again.

i love jonathan blow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

there's several of these. two of them talk about how great science is. one of them has the equivalent of one of braid's optional 'star' puzzles, where you have to click on something at the start of a recording of an hour-long GDC presentation, and then click once more near the end. if you just alt-tab out for the entire thing, you'll miss the window for the second click and have to do the whole thing over again.

i love jonathan blow

Actually, thats dumb as hell

• Locked thread