Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jonathon Blowhard's The Wetness flies onto PS4's across the nation tomorrow. ANy fellow puzzle gamers going to take the plunge on this one. I like first person puzzle games and it looks like this one has some pros (no quirky narrator, looks nice, sprint button) and some cons (every puzzle seems like its just solving a maze on an in game screen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Greetings developer of The Wetness

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ill get it eventually

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when it's the ps+ game of the month for sure

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Finally the star treatment that walking simulators deserve.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
y'all remember wetrix?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the witness looks like it was made for me, but he forgot to ask if i had a ps4. fail.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Johnathan Blow My rear end' The Shitness

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Come on and get down with the witness

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm not playing it

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

the witness looks like it was made for me, but he forgot to ask if i had a ps4. fail.

it's on pc too

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I want to buy it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Jonathon Blowhard's The Wetness flies onto PS4's across the nation tomorrow. ANy fellow puzzle gamers going to take the plunge on this one. I like first person puzzle games and it looks like this one has some pros (no quirky narrator, looks nice, sprint button) and some cons (every puzzle seems like its just solving a maze on an in game screen)

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Johnathan Blow My rear end' The Shitness

*Jonathan Blow's The Witness.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

looks like this "fail" just became a "win." good call jon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This guy's name should be Jabroni! gently caress this piece of rear end poo poo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PUrunX1Txo This video is about you, Jonathon Broni! You Idiot rear end hole!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I feel like Talos Principle already came out and did the first person puzzle solving better than this will but i'll probably get it when it drops below $30

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will purchase it for $1 when the next epic walking sim bundle comes out featuring 9 other games everyone has 100 copies of already

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh yeah, cool, a mockery thread of one of gamings great minds (Kojima, Karagushi, Miyamoto, Blezinski, Blow) and yeah I'll be buying it today OP, despite your sarcasm. Solving puzzles is truly one of life's greatest ambrosias and I'll be diving in head first. As for the rest of you, 2009s game of the year called, and it's a collect call: hey this is braid, one of gamings greatest games of all time. Between my epic sense of scale and the truly hard to master gameplay, puzzles, and incredible story, I'm sure you forgot about me, but I never forgot about you

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ill get it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

Oh yeah, cool, a mockery thread of one of gamings great minds (Kojima, Karagushi, Miyamoto, Blezinski, Blow) and yeah I'll be buying it today OP, despite your sarcasm. Solving puzzles is truly one of life's greatest ambrosias and I'll be diving in head first. As for the rest of you, 2009s game of the year called, and it's a collect call: hey this is braid, one of gamings greatest games of all time. Between my epic sense of scale and the truly hard to master gameplay, puzzles, and incredible story, I'm sure you forgot about me, but I never forgot about you

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Blow's games, more than anyone else, feel like a conversation between designer and player. He's talking to us, through puzzle panels. Allow me to explain. I recall Blow talking about each panel puzzle essentially having its own "sentence," and eventually one puzzle might have so many sentences that it is multiple paragraphs.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
ign gave this game a 10/10. thats a perfect score in case you didnt know. youd be a fool not to ge t it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I feel like Talos Principle already came out and did the first person puzzle solving better than this will but i'll probably get it when it drops below $30

I started this yesterday coincidentally and I really like it. I was breezing through it until they introduced the light reflectors and I feel like there something broken in my brain because I can't comprehend them in the slightest

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Looking forward to exploring the design space of Blow's masterpiece.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like puzzle games, but i'm not paying 30 bucks for myst 2.0

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

lmao i googled the wetness i am a huge dumbass

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i like puzzle games, but i'm not paying 30 bucks for myst 2.0

good news, its 40

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
not sure why i'd play this game since i didn't see poo poo and wasn't even there at the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paper Triangle posted:

not sure why i'd play this game since i didn't see poo poo and wasn't even there at the time

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Paper Triangle posted:

;)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

good news, its 40

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

good news, its 40

i wish there was a version of :henget: where the guy goes to get the hen, gets distracted by the quoted post, and the hen gets away in the meantime

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

y'all remember wetrix?

I had it on ps2, but it was called Aqua Aqua

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

heres an epic puzzle game with 20000 puzzles for only $5 http://store.steampowered.com/app/32150

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

heres an epic puzzle game with 20000 puzzles for only $5 http://store.steampowered.com/app/32150

whast the best picross game. ive never played one and i heard theyre good puzzle games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i cleared some more talos principle levels. felt like a badass when i figured out how to get a tricky star

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

whast the best picross game. ive never played one and i heard theyre good puzzle games.

picross ds probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
All the ninty picross games are good

• Locked thread