Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ManlyGrunting posted:

-Waifus and Husubandos kind of bleh (with the exception of Dante, of course), will have to make do with projecting onto demons. I feel this is the right call.

gently caress off dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

sorry, i found it really annoying when my party wiped if the enemy ever got the first turn in conjunction with the overworld being a pile of poo poo
it's kind of hard until you reach Tokyo but how can you still be having problems

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
In all seriousness though, it's kind of neat how human characters are portrayed here as opposed to the spin-offs. They're much more distant, almost to the point of being alien; you barely interact with them and when you do it's kind of terse; they're open with their feelings but they're withdrawn from you. It really adds to the feeling of isolation and barrenness almost as much as the immaculately clean empty buildings or the atmospheric music. Your classmates asking you to leave them alone as they sulk in the corner works better for the setting than the fact that it takes place in a barren wasteland.

e: I guess it's neat how the enemies have actual personalities too, it kind of adds to it. I don't have as clear an opinion on that though.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's kind of hard until you reach Tokyo but how can you still be having problems

you can also save anywhere in the game at any time

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i got stuck for a bit after the village, because i couldn't get any higher level demons and the game expected me to have a better team

then my 3ds broke dang

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if there werent random encounters every four steps i wouldve done it on normal. i didn't get estoma until very late in the game

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Also Isamu with his stupid cowboy boots are the fastest I've ever despised a fictional character that wasn't a literal slave owner.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
:whitewater: this thread

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

May stream this for a couple hours tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

wrong thread.

• Locked thread