Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the caucuses?
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
John Kasich
Marco Rubio
Donald Trump
Jeb, somehow
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Hillary isn't exactly well-liked outside of her base, either. On top of the ongoing email scandal, lots of independents have bought into two decades+ of Republican talking points exploiting sexism and the fact that she's an outspoken woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think that people tend to view supporting minority groups as a risk because they're (by definition) not that much of your voter base and they alone cannot win you an election. Women are not technically a minority, though, and they could. (Not saying every woman will vote Hillary, but it's not the same as risking your position for Native Americans or even Hispanics.)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Pakled posted:

Hillary isn't exactly well-liked outside of her base, either. On top of the ongoing email scandal, lots of independents have bought into two decades+ of Republican talking points exploiting sexism and the fact that she's an outspoken woman.

Its a Hillary talking point that her scandals are only Republican talking points people have 'bought into', hope this helps.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

fknlo posted:

But how popular is he among people that aren't part of the white nationalist seething ball of white hot rage that is the Republican primary voting base? Not very. He's not going to get minorities and I'm guessing most women will have a massive issue with him as well in the general. If he pivots hard enough in the general to try and lose some of the crazy poo poo he's said involving mexicans, muslims, and women he's going to cool some of that white hot rage behind him. I don't think he has an even remotely easy path to the white house.

There are a surprising number of people who are voting straight anti-establishment. Maybe it's media bias towards the exceptions but there are an increasing number of "if not Trump then Sanders" (and vice versa) people .

Not a Step posted:

Its a Hillary talking point that her scandals are only Republican talking points people have 'bought into', hope this helps.

And most of those scandals are the result of a 25 year campaign to scandalize her and her husband. Both things can be true.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SavageBastard posted:

There are a surprising number of people who are voting straight anti-establishment. Maybe it's media bias towards the exceptions but there are an increasing number of "if not Trump then Sanders" (and vice versa) people .

And most of those scandals are the result of a 25 year campaign to scandalize her and her husband. Both things can be true.

Hillary's email server is a scandal because, like Nixon, she acts as if she is above the law.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

SavageBastard posted:

Those people will have just as big of an effect as the PUMA people did in 2008. So, none. I doubt most of them will even show up to vote if their #1 candidate doesn't get the nomination.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Trump is really just getting started if you want to know the truth. You go back to Iowa and people have been hearing in the media for months about how Trump is the bad racist and you can imagine all these Iowans at the caucus and theyre kind of feeling each other out like is it okay for me to caucus for Trump or do I need to just go for Cruz like narrowing their eyes and looking around the room. not to overestimate the shame an American feels about this stuff but these are largely evangelical polite midwesterners, farmers and poo poo and Cruz escapes with the win. But Trump finishes second and then wins New Hampshire so fastforward and now 3 weeks later any remaining shame has crumbled away and you've got people at the Nevada caucus stomping their feet and going Trump Trump Trump folks working the caucus wearing their Trump gear and he rolls over all opponents in total victory and we're just getting started because now not only is it okay to support Trump but now he's a winner I mean he's just now after the landslide win in Nevada really got that full head of steam basically so voters not only arent ashamed but now theyre encouraged, theyre winners and theyre winning and everyone else is losing. by the time we get to the Alaska caucuses theres gonna be people shouting at the Rubio supporters calling them homos and the Cruz supporters are gonna be given wedgies and when we get to Kansas and Kentucky caucuses theres just gonna be nothing but people wearing Make America Great Again shirtspassing around beer and when it's time to go to the corner of the cnadidate you support and some poor sucker starts stumping for Cruz somebody in the crowd is gonna yell "Get him!" and the everyone is gonna just rush at the bastard and hes gonna have to turn heel and hightail it out of there.

and in 6 months when Trump is talking about how Hillary was cold and dry and her pervy husband ran around sexually assaulting bimbos to get away from her the polls are gonna show trump with a 20pt lead and bill is gonna just stop getting out of bed until one day he wakes up and sees hillary swinging frmo a noose on the fan in the cneter of the room

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Not a Step posted:

A lot of them are. Whitewater, Vince Foster, Benghazi...Republicans have invented so many Hillary "scandals" that when something that could actually hurt her (the private email server issue) comes up, no one's listening.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

How much of the vote has been counted so far? What percentage is Trump at?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Phlegmish posted:

http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/nevada?lo=ut_d1

D. Trump 45.9%
M. Rubio 23.9%
T. Cruz 21.4%

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Phlegmish posted:

100%, and Trump is at 46.1%.
http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/nevada-republican-caucus/

Blood for the orange-haired blood god, skulls for the yooge, golden skull throne (now featuring the hundred million dollar skull of Jeb!).

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Fast Luck posted:

Trump is really just getting started if you want to know the truth. You go back to Iowa and people have been hearing in the media for months about how Trump is the bad racist and you can imagine all these Iowans at the caucus and theyre kind of feeling each other out like is it okay for me to caucus for Trump or do I need to just go for Cruz like narrowing their eyes and looking around the room. not to overestimate the shame an American feels about this stuff but these are largely evangelical polite midwesterners, farmers and poo poo and Cruz escapes with the win. But Trump finishes second and then wins New Hampshire so fastforward and now 3 weeks later any remaining shame has crumbled away and you've got people at the Nevada caucus stomping their feet and going Trump Trump Trump folks working the caucus wearing their Trump gear and he rolls over all opponents in total victory and we're just getting started because now not only is it okay to support Trump but now he's a winner I mean he's just now after the landslide win in Nevada really got that full head of steam basically so voters not only arent ashamed but now theyre encouraged, theyre winners and theyre winning and everyone else is losing. by the time we get to the Alaska caucuses theres gonna be people shouting at the Rubio supporters calling them homos and the Cruz supporters are gonna be given wedgies and when we get to Kansas and Kentucky caucuses theres just gonna be nothing but people wearing Make America Great Again shirtspassing around beer and when it's time to go to the corner of the cnadidate you support and some poor sucker starts stumping for Cruz somebody in the crowd is gonna yell "Get him!" and the everyone is gonna just rush at the bastard and hes gonna have to turn heel and hightail it out of there.

and in 6 months when Trump is talking about how Hillary was cold and dry and her pervy husband ran around sexually assaulting bimbos to get away from her the polls are gonna show trump with a 20pt lead and bill is gonna just stop getting out of bed until one day he wakes up and sees hillary swinging frmo a noose on the fan in the cneter of the room

that was...

phew...

yeah, thanks for that!

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hillary's email server is a scandal because, like Nixon, she acts as if she is above the law.

Hillary, like Nixon, is going to be President.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Fast Luck posted:

It is unbecoming to be this drunk this early in the day.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SavageBastard posted:

Hillary, like Nixon, is going to be President.

Hillary, like Nixon, is not a crook.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hillary, like Nixon, is not a crook.

Hillary, like Nixon, is going to have an excellent environmental record.

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

SavageBastard posted:

Just imagine what it would've been like if the Nixon/Kennedy healthcare reform had passed:
https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2012/06/22/stockman/bvg57mguQxOVpZMmB1Mg2N/story.html

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

SavageBastard posted:

Not really. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/24/opinion/campaign-stops/the-trump-sanders-fantasy.html

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

Yeah I read that earlier today. The fact that there are more than say 10 of these people is a "surprising number" in my book.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

okay so i just looked at the poll numbers. trump's going to be the nominee. hail satan

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SavageBastard posted:

Hillary, like Nixon, would expand healthcare while restoring Dr. K to his rightful place in American foreign policy.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hillary, like Nixon, would expand healthcare while restoring Dr. K to his rightful place in American foreign policy.

Kissinger, like Bush, Kept America Safe.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

SavageBastard posted:

Yeah I read that earlier today. The fact that there are more than say 10 of these people is a "surprising number" in my book.

These are the people that own and unironically wear both a Che Guevara t-shirt and a Big Dogs t-shirt.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

These are the people that own and unironically wear both a Che Guevara t-shirt and a Big Dogs t-shirt.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Flawless.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:stwoon:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

:master:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Not a Step posted:

That's a reused Bill talking point, not a Hillary original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Thank you for your service.

• Locked thread