Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katamari Democracy

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Besides the usual resting and taking medication. What are goons favorite ways to overcome a cold? I guess if I am gonna chill today it will be in the yob so have at it friends.

Right now im about to take a really hot shower and hope this nose becomes unclogged. Will checkup when I am back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
Spicy food, hot tea with honey, praying to satan to just get it over with.

FluffieDuckie

hello and welcome (back?) to byob!

this thread is now for welcoming katamari to byob and possibly curing his illness via internet and sorcery

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
have you ever tried putting spiced rum in earl grey tea? it's also good when you have the sniffles, like a caribbean hot toddy

alnilam

Boy have we got a soup recipe for you

Katamari Democracy

Spanish Manlove posted:

have you ever tried putting spiced rum in earl grey tea? it's also good when you have the sniffles, like a caribbean hot toddy

Rum? Like alcohol? I don't drink alcohol and have not had a drink since Aug 4th 2014. Don't think I would have spiced rum to get rid of a migrane. :(

E- wtf that is my signature? I don't remember clicking that checkbox

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Katamari Democracy posted:

Rum? Like alcohol? I don't drink alcohol and have not had a drink since Aug 4th 2014. Don't think I would have spiced rum to get rid of a migrane. :(

no worries, I don't want to push it on you if you don't want it. I just tried some last weekend and it helped with a cough and thought I'd recommend it to people who might like it.

How do you feel about spicy foods?

Katamari Democracy

Spanish Manlove posted:

How do you feel about spicy foods?

Love spicy foods. I am learning how to make curry to expand on my cooking knowledge and as simple as it sounds to make I never made any before. Thinking about making a spicy curry tonight to warm myself up.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Love spicy foods. I am learning how to make curry to expand on my cooking knowledge and as simple as it sounds to make I never made any before. Thinking about making a spicy curry tonight to warm myself up.

heck yes curry rules, do oyu have any good recipes?

Katamari Democracy

Spanish Manlove posted:

heck yes curry rules, do oyu have any good recipes?

Negative. But this is the internet im sure I can find something.

Like this! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/spicy-chicken-curry-recipe.html

alnilam

Get some thai curry paste and coconut milk and make a thai curry, you will not regret

google THIS

alnilam posted:

Katamari Democracy

I'm eating chicken soup right now and I can't taste it because iim so congested and can we skip to the wizardry part and cure my flu

Here is how I sound right now: http://vocaroo.com/i/s09IjuIW551I

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im also sick and dont wanna be coughing my lungs out in court

e: drat you jury duty!

e2: i wouldn't abuse dxm if i were you.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 8, 2016

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Shaquin
get some of the pure dxm and just kind of enjoy your cold for a while

Katamari Democracy

Yeah I got some medicine on the way thanks to a family member. About to chug coffee as I still have a splitting headache

City of Glompton

fishermans friend cough drops, real sudaphed, and puffs plus lotion are very good supplies to have

Piso Mojado

Sambuca usually clears me right up

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
anybody say chicken noodle soup yet? also a blanket, a couch and a tv? coke and icecream float?

Katamari Democracy

Luvcow posted:

anybody say chicken noodle soup yet? also a blanket, a couch and a tv? coke and icecream float?

I don't have any coke but as a goon I am obligated to have Mt. Dew. I also bought some cookies and cream ice cream yesterday he*k yea!!!

Katamari Democracy

Also rip Spanish Manlove hope you come back soon

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Also rip Spanish Manlove hope you come back soon

much like your cold I'm still here.

one thing I learned from work is the vapors from http://www.peroxychem.com/chemistries/peracetic-acid/products/vigorox-15-fv will clear your sinuses for a month

Katamari Democracy

Spanish Manlove posted:

much like your cold I'm still here.

Good! I just woke up from a Nyquil coma. I need to check out those vapors tomorrow.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
FYI when you chop up peppers it seems to decrease how spicy they are when used in food. so like for a gumbo, or chile, use whole peppers for spice and chopped for flavor. just learned this.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Tea, apples, and staying home from work

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Badchay

Most of the same... Lots of rest, staying home from work, tea, painkillers.

I also use an allergy relieving medicine containing something called pseudoephedrine which I have found to greatly reduce the symptoms common cold and flu.

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
when i get sick i like to reflect on the poor choices that got me to that point in my life

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Katamari Democracy

mister magpie posted:

when i get sick i like to reflect on the poor choices that got me to that point in my life

hosed up if true

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

mister magpie posted:

FluffieDuckie

Badchay posted:

Most of the same... Lots of rest, staying home from work, tea, painkillers.

I also use an allergy relieving medicine containing something called pseudoephedrine which I have found to greatly reduce the symptoms common cold and flu.

hello badchay :wave:

i like your av

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
drink salmon soup

e: beaten indirectly

lmbo calrissian fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 9, 2016

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
squadela, youre cured!

Katamari Democracy

Putty posted:

squadela, youre cured!

Nope. :(

Called work and they asked if I can just come in to fill the holes for the morning rush. At least I don't have to work long and thanks to my insurance I still get paid for the whole day so it won't be that bad.

MrWillsauce

sneeze in peoples food so more people get sick and will post sick threads in byob. byob is comprised at any given moment of 30-100% sick people, and I believe this is the best way to grow our numbers.

b h m

Eat a lot of garlic. I dunno if it will help with your cold but you should just eat a lot of garlic anyway.

Katamari Democracy

MrWillsauce posted:

sneeze in peoples food so more people get sick and will post sick threads in byob. byob is comprised at any given moment of 30-100% sick people, and I believe this is the best way to grow our numbers.

ha ha. I don't do anything like that.

But im feeling a bit better. Gonna go into another Nyquil coma tonight and sleep this off. Maybe spend a trip or two on the hot tub to help sweat out this flu

MrWillsauce

that sounds pretty good. Man, I wish I had a hot tub

Katamari Democracy

MrWillsauce posted:

that sounds pretty good. Man, I wish I had a hot tub

theyre hard to keep track of but the payoff is relaxing and chicks come over often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

man, chicks??? whoa

• Locked thread