Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I think the best case scenario for the Dems right now would be Hillary having enough pledged delegates to take the nomination outright. If it comes down to superdelegates, a lot of politically-attentice young people could get turned off by the appearance of The Party Deciding, and lose their enthusiasm for civic engagement. (Not to mention the potential for immediately depressing the youth turnout in the general.)

I'm super happy for Bernie getting lots of influence on the platform, but I think the big picture best case would be him being juuuuust short of making Clinton's superdelegates relevant. What are the odds, at this point, on her hitting 2383 from primaries and caucuses alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al! posted:

I was being flip but huh:

Thinking about it, this probably has to do with birth control and general reproductive health improvements

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Al! posted:

Thinking about it, this probably has to do with birth control and general reproductive health improvements

Yeah, I assume the death toll from Bush's wars among the people 21-36 when 9/11 happened wasn't high enough to really dent the demographics of 300 million+ people.

Ironic for the so-called "slacker" generation to bear the brunt of endless warfare though (along with the X/Y in-betweeners.) Or just lovely.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Hello, I am Hillary and you will surrender to me your vote.

Greetings.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Squizzle posted:

I think the best case scenario for the Dems right now would be Hillary having enough pledged delegates to take the nomination outright. If it comes down to superdelegates, a lot of politically-attentice young people could get turned off by the appearance of The Party Deciding, and lose their enthusiasm for civic engagement. (Not to mention the potential for immediately depressing the youth turnout in the general.)

I'm super happy for Bernie getting lots of influence on the platform, but I think the big picture best case would be him being juuuuust short of making Clinton's superdelegates relevant. What are the odds, at this point, on her hitting 2383 from primaries and caucuses alone?
She's going to reach the delegate threshold with superdelegates before the primaries are done. At that point, if Bernie hasn't dropped out, who's going to vote for him?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

pathetic little tramp posted:

what the gently caress happened to the slacker generation

yo

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think the second bulge in there is when the baby boomers had most of their kids
here it is in animated form

if you want to see the impact of the iraq war on a population pyramid graph im guessing youd have to find an iraqi one

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

oystertoadfish posted:

i think the second bulge in there is when the baby boomers had most of their kids
here it is in animated form

if you want to see the impact of the iraq war on a population pyramid graph im guessing youd have to find an iraqi one

And here it is on a real image host so people using https can see it too.

http://i.imgur.com/EWnl652.gifv

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Powered Descent posted:

And here it is on a real image host so people using https can see it too.

i was completely ignorant of this issue, ill rehost poo poo in future thanks

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Is there anywhere I can go to see the youth turnout numbers from every state to have voted in 2016 so far? I need to shame my generation into voting with it. If they don't turn out for Bernie there truly is no excuse for them after that.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Is there anywhere I can go to see the youth turnout numbers from every state to have voted in 2016 so far? I need to shame my generation into voting with it. If they don't turn out for Bernie there truly is no excuse for them after that.

bernie is an unappealing uncharismatic lovely candidate, so you really shouldn't be mad at people for not bothering to turn out fo rhim

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Maybe both of you belong in a trash fire

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

that is quickly extinguished of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fishmech posted:

hillary is an unappealing uncharismatic lovely candidate, so you really shouldn't be mad at people for not bothering to turn out for her come the general

• Locked thread