Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

SCHEDULE

2:30 AM ET on March 15 (6:30 PM Chamorro Time), the Northern Marianas caucuses begin

4 AM ET (8 PM Chamorro Time), polls close in Northern Mariana Islands

6:30 AM ET, the North Carolina and Ohio primaries begin

7 AM ET (7 CST), the Florida, Missouri and Illinois contests begin

7 PM ET, polls close in Florida (technically an hour after this because of counties in central time, so they might not release results until then)

7:30 PM ET , polls close in North Carolina and Ohio

8 PM ET, polls close in Illinois and Missouri

WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS?

These streaming sites often show the cable networks, which will be covering it.

http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/ (most reliable, but with annoying click-past ads)
http://www.livenewschat.eu/
http://www.hulkusc.com/

Might also be coverage, especially of candidate speeches, on http://www.c-span.org/

RESULTS

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results
http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/

Some sources might not have results immediately. Feel free to suggest others.

IRC

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

DELEGATES AT STAKE

Florida: 99 WINNER-TAKE-ALL
Illinois: 69 12 statewide winner-take all, plus 54 district delegates from direct "loophole" elections. This means there could be uncommitted delegates.
Missouri: 52 50% absolute winner-take-all trigger, otherwise each district is its own winner-take-all category, as is statewide for the remaining 12 delegates
Northern Marianas: 9 with 3 going to the statewide winner and 6 directly elected, meaning they could be uncommitted
North Carolina: 40 fully proportional, with district delegates received based on the statewide vote, so individual district votes don't matter
Ohio: 40 WINNER-TAKE-ALL

REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES

• , Senator from Texas
  • , Governor of Ohio
  • , Senator from Florida
  • , Constitutionally Eligible

Jewel Repetition has issued a correction as of 18:57 on Mar 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

TRUMP!

*click*

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Ban OP for not making any Ides of March references.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I'm going to talk about the Democratic Threesday in this thread too and there's nothing you can do to stop me. :q:

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

XboxPants posted:

I'm going to talk about the Democratic Threesday in this thread too and there's nothing you can do to stop me. :q:

martin o'malley will make a great president

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
so if trump wins ohio does that mean the general election starts on wednesday

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

baw posted:

For trump, yeah, p much

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
:getin:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

baw posted:

it means mitt romney's general election independent campaign starts, yes :getin:

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Please nothing stop the possibility of a TRUMP/Carson ticket....

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Pinterest Mom posted:

it means mitt romney's general election independent campaign starts, yes :getin:

Mittens can't save us from the fascists soon enough.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Ban OP for not making any Ides of March references.

seriously wth

this was your one chance and you blew it op

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
yeah gas thread start over

i mean all i could think of would be "a dying rubio gasps 'et tu romné?" but that's better than nothing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A protester proclaims,"Why this is violence!" as he is roughly grabbed by a mob of knife-wielding Trump supporters.

"I'm not aware of that," replies Trump from his podium,"If it was I'd certainly not endorse it. You know the police in this country get a raw deal. They're great guys. Just tremendous."

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I am literally equally excited for these results as I was for general election night 2008.

Come on baby, give me a big Trump win in Florida. Send this loving miserable Republican party to hell.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I am literally equally excited for these results as I was for general election night 2008.

Come on baby, give me a big Trump win in Florida. Send this loving miserable Republican party to hell.

He's almost definitely going to win FL but to send them truly to hell he needs Ohio too imo.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

zen death robot posted:

OP forgot the democratic candidates again

who cares about them anyway

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Trump takes Florida, North Carolina, Illinois, and barely edges Cruz in Missouri.

Kasich takes Ohio by a decent margin.

Cruz gets a bunch of delegates due to taking a lot of rural districts and getting quite close in 3 states. The dance continues even as the minute hand clicks another slot closer to midnight. The Trumpening is nearly upon us.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

CNN supposedly said 55% of early voters in the Ohio primary are independents and Democrats. High non-Republican turnout has historically been good for Trump but could be bad this time because they're voting "strategically." Scare quotes because if you're a real strategic liberal you want nominee Trump.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

baw posted:

DaveWoo posted:

For trump, yeah, p much
Ohio is basically going to determine what happens going forward. If Trump wins Ohio, he's the nominee. If Kasich win Ohio, things get really interesting, especially when Rubio loses Florida.Yes I said when, not if.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

fade5 posted:

Ohio is basically going to determine what happens going forward. If Trump wins Ohio, he's the nominee. If Kasich win Ohio, things get really interesting, especially when Rubio loses Florida.Yes I said when, not if.

*Nodding.*

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

fade5 posted:

It's not that clear even if Trump wins OH

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

My prediction is they'll say Ohio is too early to call at closing time. But Kasich will probably take it by a couple points.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Kasich Ohio by 7
Trump FL by 18
Trump NC by 9
Trump MO by 5
Trump IL by 6

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pinterest Mom posted:

We can't have possibly done enough good deeds in this and previous lives in order to have it happen

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

CNN supposedly said 55% of early voters in the Ohio primary are independents and Democrats. High non-Republican turnout has historically been good for Trump but could be bad this time because they're voting "strategically." Scare quotes because if you're a real strategic liberal you want nominee Trump.

only if you're sure that clinton won't get indicted/die/be dumb before november. it's like playing with fire. plus the whole enabling of his american-flavored fascism.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

axeil posted:

only if you're sure that clinton won't get indicted/die/be dumb before november. it's like playing with fire. plus the whole enabling of his american-flavored fascism.

There's the long-term outlook that if Trump wins and starts the Trumpenreich that toxicity would swing the country farther to the left in response. Or that some people just want to watch the world burn.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Tomorrow night will be a good and fun night. Sanders wins all, but NC and FL. Trump wins everything.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hail Satan

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
So is Ohio like the Alamo for the Republicans and Trump is Santa Anna?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Bernie wins OH, IL, and MO by small margins, Hillary still increases her delegate lead anyways by huge wins in NC and FL

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Amused to Death posted:

Bernie wins OH, IL, and MO by small margins, Hillary still increases her delegate lead anyways by huge wins in NC and FL

Well yeah this is most likely the case. Best case scenario is Bernie only 10 points down in FL and NC and getting 5 point wins in the rest. It'd be a delegate loss for Bernie but would be a moral win and reason enough to keep going (in a serious way). Here's hoping!

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Kasich Ohio by 7
Trump FL by 18
Trump NC by 9
Trump MO by 5
Trump IL by 6

MO and IL are hopefully going to be fun races tomorrow

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm pretty sure a brokered convention is going to end the GOP just as spectacularly. Their choices:

A) Give it to trump anyway, which is just as bad as trump winning outright

B) Give it to not trump, which will cause the base to explode.

But seriously who's bailing on the Democratic primary, that's hardly in the bag.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Amused to Death posted:

This is gonna be the story until the convention, he's not gonna lose in huge amounts but he's also not gonna win by much either, so Clinton continually getting these dunks like FL while he edges a mild win out in smaller areas is gonna constantly keep the math against him but the momentum favoring him staying in, which is honestly probably exactly what he wants at this stage.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is gonna be the story until the convention, he's not gonna lose in huge amounts but he's also not gonna win by much either, so Clinton continually getting these dunks like FL while he edges a mild win out in smaller areas is gonna constantly keep the math against him but the momentum favoring him staying in, which is honestly probably exactly what he wants at this stage.

Thus keeping young folk who would otherwise gently caress off interested until the general heats up!

It's a win-win situation for him.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I'm pretty sure a brokered convention is going to end the GOP just as spectacularly. Their choices:

A) Give it to trump anyway, which is just as bad as trump winning outright

B) Give it to not trump, which will cause the base to explode.

But seriously who's bailing on the Democratic primary, that's hardly in the bag.

It's uh, very much in the bag and has been. That's why I don't follow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Jewel Repetition posted:

It's uh, very much in the bag and has been. That's why I don't follow it.

In the bag is the wrong choice of words - I guess there is still significant opportunity to influence the policy position of the democratic party by strong turnouts for Sanders. Hillary has already had to move a lot, and it's pretty clear if a stronger candidate than sanders (perhaps Elizabeth Warren) had run things may look very different.

So a Democratic party primary vote still has value, unless you don't really agree with Sanders, in which case tactically voting to try and generate a brokered convention in the republican party makes sense I guess.

• Locked thread