Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Davincie posted:

microsoft is going to announce an open beta of halo wars 2 during their conference which will start immediately. it looks like poo poo

http://imgur.com/a/Jsd1A
halo starring the little green army men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

microsoft is going to announce an open beta of halo wars 2 during their conference which will start immediately. it looks like poo poo

The first one wasn't bad for what it was but horrifically imbalanced iirc

There's a fan mod for Halo PC coming out this month that looks more fun than anything MS has done with the IP since Bungie left, surely there is some demand for a sci fi arena based shooter with vehicles that doesn't suck

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Tighclops posted:

There's a fan mod for Halo PC coming out this month that looks more fun than anything MS has done with the IP since Bungie left, surely there is some demand for a sci fi arena based shooter with vehicles that doesn't suck

What's the mod? I hadn't heard about this.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Next Red Dead game is set in Europe during WWI: Red Dead Baron.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tighclops posted:

The first one wasn't bad for what it was but horrifically imbalanced iirc

It's an RTS, unless the mod is significantly different from the original.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Davincie posted:

Hey, so long as Creative Assembly funnels that money into future Total Warhammer expansions...

Also, lol the beta is Xbox only.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol console rts

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

JediTalentAgent posted:

Next Red Dead game is set in Europe during WWI: Red Dead Baron.

I love this idea if just for the gall of it.

I kinda want a WWI/WWII themed, GTA style open world game now. It seems like it would be fertile land for a variety of stories.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Davincie posted:

wasteland 3 is looking good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I kinda want a WWI/WWII themed, GTA style open world game now. It seems like it would be fertile land for a variety of stories.
There have been a few attempts at stuff like that, they've just mostly been bad.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Endorph posted:

There have been a few attempts at stuff like that, they've just mostly been bad.
Aw you best not be talking poo poo about The Saboteur.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BillmasterCozb posted:

I wish they'd announce a new Bionic Commando, but I also don't, given that Capcom is going through the edgy "It's NOT a phase, mom!" phase

:allbuttons: oh, they announced a new dead rising instead of remastering the old ones that should really be on modern consoles and PC.

Peewi posted:

I can't imagine them trying to bring back Bionic Commando any time soon. Personally, I loved the 2009 game, but I don't think it or Rearmed 2 were particularly well received.

I think I might be the only person who liked Bionic Commando 2009, since I think you're referring to Rearmed/Rearmed 2 only.

I loved the BC game by Grin. It had legitimately awesome swinging mechanics that took skill to master, the story was totally over the top, the environment concepts were awesome, and kicking cars at people never got old.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014

SomeJazzyRat posted:

While I do agree that I'd love to see that done, and done well, I can't help but feel that all you could really end up with is some Mafia-esque kinda game unless you turn it to 11 and create Just Cause '39.

Which would be sick. I'd play Just Cause '39. Go stick some Bolsheviks to T-34s.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I could see some WWI set game where your character is just a merc who is taking jobs for money and vague loyalties and promises from all sides about for their post-war rewards and future, set in some occupied city where you've got German' troops stationed, an underground French freedom fighter network operates, and some British and US spies and commandos sneak in to do covert work, etc. All sides offering to hire you for your services, none of them knowing how you are linked to every other side in the fight.

Your only real goal is to come out of the war wealthy enough, liked enough and powerful enough to thrive no matter which side wins. You take your ill-gotten gains and buy lands, titles, castles, Model-Ts.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

JediTalentAgent posted:

I could see some WWI set game where your character is just a merc who is taking jobs for money and vague loyalties and promises from all sides about for their post-war rewards and future, set in some occupied city where you've got German' troops stationed, an underground French freedom fighter network operates, and some British and US spies and commandos sneak in to do covert work, etc. All sides offering to hire you for your services, none of them knowing how you are linked to every other side in the fight.

Your only real goal is to come out of the war wealthy enough, liked enough and powerful enough to thrive no matter which side wins. You take your ill-gotten gains and buy lands, titles, castles, Model-Ts.

Man I just want The Saboteur 2.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I think I might be the only person who liked Bionic Commando 2009, since I think you're referring to Rearmed/Rearmed 2 only.

I loved the BC game by Grin. It had legitimately awesome swinging mechanics that took skill to master, the story was totally over the top, the environment concepts were awesome, and kicking cars at people never got old.

BC'09's gameplay was great, it was a better Spider-Man game than any actual Spider-Man game thus far.. What wasn't great was the part where you couldn't go anywhere besides exactly where the game wanted you to go because RADIATION FIELD, and the terrible story / dialogue, and... you know... wifearm.

BCR2 was unmitigated poo poo, though. That game was loving terrible.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

raditts posted:

BC'09's gameplay was great, it was a better Spider-Man game than any actual Spider-Man game thus far.. What wasn't great was the part where you couldn't go anywhere besides exactly where the game wanted you to go because RADIATION FIELD, and the terrible story / dialogue, and... you know... wifearm.

BCR2 was unmitigated poo poo, though. That game was loving terrible.

Yeah, the radiation fields had some annoying parts and it was a pretty linear game, but most of the time it all worked great and made for intense gameplay. Also, the stuff I bolded is also legit awesome, especially wifearm.

And when you stuff a pipe bomb in the robot nazi's mouth and his face explodes all over the camera.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I would pay good money for a Bionic Commando sequel/remake with improved swinging mechanics, opened-up levels, and actual enemies beyond "some guys who plink away at you from a mile away and a couple robot suits"

The angst-y story and wifearm need to be left in the dumpster where it belongs, though.

edit: the fact that the game built up Mag to be Joe's rival and then had you clown her in a cutscene instead of having a super-cool boss fight where you use your arm to clothesline the gently caress out of lady-flash peeves me off to this day

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6kiJSjsx8I

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Each of Jess' outfits refuels her awkward laugh and anti-climactic comments.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I kinda feel bad for her, she's doing her best but she has to deal with a bunch of goons

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I just discovered this guy and I think he's my new favorite channel on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIuC_grsFb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgJqliVWSSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt0w9YP_wZ0

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

SomeJazzyRat posted:

The Saboteur owned, I've rarely had as much fun as I did shooting down Nazi zeppelins in that game. Also mugging people and stealing their clothes

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I can't...even handle this :laffo:

edit; "I'm happy with whatever. You know, I'm happy to be up here next to you."

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 12, 2016

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I'm pumped to see what E3 has in store this year for the year of Sonic. I usually am, but still.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

stupid bill trinen
stupid Reggie
STUPID NINTENDO

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

smell this posted:

stupid bill trinen
stupid Reggie
STUPID NINTENDO

nintendo is the only good video game company though

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SnGNA2T6sM

Injustice 2 trailer, short and sweet, still keeping it mum about the "loot" system , says there will be more at E3

Gorilla Grodd, Atrocitus and Black Manta, hells yeah

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ Black Manta might just be a stage transition like Darkseid in Injustice 1.

I love how he changes in 2008 from "we're totally working on episode 3" to "I don't have anything to say about episode 3".

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

RatHat posted:

^^^ Black Manta might just be a stage transition like Darkseid in Injustice 1.

I love how he changes in 2008 from "we're totally working on episode 3" to "I don't have anything to say about episode 3".

guess how old this poster is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

we here now http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779711

• Locked thread