Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

huniepop sucked because there was an option to play as a girl but it was clear that it was slapped together in two minutes and the pronouns were wrong like 50% of the time and girls still made jokes about your dick

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
women cant have dicks?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Yoya posted:

women cant have dicks?

I went looking for WoW roleplay profiles to make the easy joke and found this instead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im deathwing

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

acksplode posted:

2008 Prince of Persia was trash

edit: and FC3 was boring

I will legit fight you over that pop. That was the one that had the awesome art style.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
That game was very friendly to casuals and apparently that's a mortal sin.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RottenK posted:

That game was very friendly to casuals and apparently that's a mortal sin.

[posting on an internet forum, wheezing, out of breath from climbing flight of stairs to 2nd floor apt.]: Erm yeah, some gamers still enjoy challenging themselves without having their hands held.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Well now i have painful memories of acting like that myself :(

Orv
May 4, 2011
It was less that it was friendly to casuals (the 3Ds PoP were never exactly roguelikes or anything) and more that it just loved to stick its nose in whenever you stepped off the beaten path for half a second. And the companion character was the wooooorst.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I liked that the game had fast resets for whenever you fell of something and the art style was real nice.

The combat was pretty crap however and i hated how you were incentivised to push mooks to the edges of the fight circles for quick kills but punished for doing the same thing to bosses.

Overall it was a neat experiment and i would have liked to seen a sequel at the expense of yet another asscreed.

Orv
May 4, 2011
No argument there.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I wish they'd announce a new Bionic Commando, but I also don't, given that Capcom is going through the edgy "It's NOT a phase, mom!" phase

:allbuttons: oh, they announced a new dead rising instead of remastering the old ones that should really be on modern consoles and PC.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

huniepop sucked because there was an option to play as a girl but it was clear that it was slapped together in two minutes and the pronouns were wrong like 50% of the time and girls still made jokes about your dick

#girlwood

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BillmasterCozb posted:

I wish they'd announce a new Bionic Commando, but I also don't, given that Capcom is going through the edgy "It's NOT a phase, mom!" phase

:allbuttons: oh, they announced a new dead rising instead of remastering the old ones that should really be on modern consoles and PC.

New one is a reimagining of the first even though its called 4 apparently

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Real hurthling! posted:

New one is a reimagining of the first even though its called 4 apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmQhdVleLzQ

Orv
May 4, 2011
Now fix the part of Dead Rising where you see the whole game in the first two hours and it's a nine hundred hour game. I love my time with those games but they were just so one note.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
My problem with them is that they should be like Dynasty Warriors where you are racking up thousands of kills, but instead they are super clunky and awkward to play, and your bat will break after killing like two zombies.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/741682217634521089

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I assume that's all for Mafia 3?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is that really the only iron they've got in the fire this year?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Maybe some Red Dead

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Rinkles posted:

Maybe some Red Dead

The map for RDR2 got leaked so here's hoping.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you know what i really want to try? what american game developers think is good jambalaya. that'll definitely be top shelf.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lord Chumley posted:

Awww shieeet.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPjUO2YSjn0

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

That sorta sounds like Hipster Heaven. I wouldn't even mind checking that all out, a jazz funeral procession sounds like a cool time.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Lord Chumley posted:

I'm not sure Red Dead was a game that needs a sequel. It was so perfectly self-contained that I can't see them being able to live up to the first (technically second, I guess).

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Endorph posted:

you know what i really want to try? what american game developers think is good jambalaya. that'll definitely be top shelf.
Alligator is good poo poo but I bet its deep fried and not blackened, which is the better way to have it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Orv posted:

It was less that it was friendly to casuals (the 3Ds PoP were never exactly roguelikes or anything) and more that it just loved to stick its nose in whenever you stepped off the beaten path for half a second. And the companion character was the wooooorst.

Farah was far worse than whatsername from pop 08. The interactions between her and the prince made up a lot for the pretty dull gameplay.

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 11, 2016

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I think they are mentioned. The Jazz Funeral procession is likely for Battleborn.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

univbee posted:

The Jazz Funeral procession is likely for Battleborn.

Do still birthed babies even get funerals?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vakal posted:

Do still birthed babies even get funerals?
if they don't they turn into botchlings

which would explain battleborn's player counts

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Endorph posted:

if they don't they turn into botchlings

which would explain battleborn's player counts
2K needs to ask CD Projekt if they can send in Geralt to help.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

CottonWolf posted:

I'm not sure Red Dead was a game that needs a sequel. It was so perfectly self-contained that I can't see them being able to live up to the first (technically second, I guess).

I'd be fine with it if it wasn't a follow up (or rather direct prequel, based what I've heard) to John Marston's story. I'd love to be in that world, doing mostly the same stuff playing as say, a member of a Mexican Revolutionary gang. One doing dirty work north of the border to fund your cause in the south. Hopefully without any overlap with the places and people in Redemption.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I wanna say people compared maps and thought it was a prequel of some sort?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

'WELCOME TO VIDEO GAME TRADE SHOW, WE HAVE VIDEO GAME"

-Chris Kohler, promotions extraordinaire

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Orv posted:

I wanna say people compared maps and thought it was a prequel of some sort?
It would have to probably be a prequel considering RDR 1 ends right at the death of the Old West.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Every single ubisoft AAA console game since Far Cry 2 is the most boring poo poo imagineable and I don't know how people get excited for them.

i disagree. I have liked almost every ubi game i have played, or at least liked what they were trying to do.

Accordion Man posted:

I assume that's all for Mafia 3?

2k is apperently having a large showing this year, so my guess is new bioshock, bioshock remaster collection, memelands 3, red dead remaster or sequel or both. and mafia 3. maybe darkness 3 but it probably wont happen :(

Ometeotl posted:

Hour to an hour and half, probably.

and its right after game of thrones.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'd rather a prequel which is the assumption at the moment. The ending of RDR was basically the metaphorical and literal end of the American Cowboy (tm).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

No Mexico????? That was the best part, you will regret this rockstar :argh:

• Locked thread