Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Thump! posted:

I heard Obummer was gonna open up some FEMA camps and put rightwing assholes in them, so that's a p cool thing imho

My uncles in California told me that they were building FEMA death camps up in Alaska to round up all the Christians in and I pointed out that no, that wasn't happening and they said they were secretly built even though there's like 600k people and they'd need to move in massive manpower and supplies to make the death camps and that'd be pretty easy to spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

My uncles in California told me that they were building FEMA death camps up in Alaska to round up all the Christians in and I pointed out that no, that wasn't happening and they said they were secretly built even though there's like 600k people and they'd need to move in massive manpower and supplies to make the death camps and that'd be pretty easy to spot.

Mr. Pibbleton is in on the plot!!! :tinfoil:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Thump! posted:

Mr. Pibbleton is in on the plot!!! :tinfoil:

The pay is pretty good and they bump government pay up 25% for Alaska. Back in 1998 I made 16 bucks an hour doing the census, it was pretty nice.

Henry Kissinger
May 17, 2016

by Shine
Easiest way to tell if the government is in town is if the high end liquor stores start running out of stock.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he says "folks" too much

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

paul_soccer10 posted:

he says "folks" too much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV9uWwCvOqw

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Word filters gone?! In that case

Obama once killed a fly that was buzzing around him with his bare hands which i think is pretty cool cause i do that too.

To me Obama seems like a guy who is just a cool chill dude out of work who somehow ended up with the job of running a corporatist empire and was blandly adequate at it until he could go home and smoke weed and play video games.

The Saurus has issued a correction as of 03:19 on May 26, 2016

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Obama did some good things and he is definitely the coolest and most stylish president we will have which means he is destined for his face on money

I don't think they're going to be minting 60 cent coins any time soon though.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

paul_soccer10 posted:

he says "folks" too much

its a really useful term to refer to people that is polite yet general and sidesteps the painful contortions of genteel liberal language that make certain terms useless for practical casual conversation imho

"persons of color" vs "black folks" for instance

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

its a really useful term to refer to people that is polite yet general and sidesteps the painful contortions of genteel liberal language that make certain terms useless for practical casual conversation imho

"persons of color" vs "black folks" for instance

He should be like Mike Ditka and call all groups "gang"

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I greatly enjoy his videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEz5SscaI70

Odobenidae posted:

I don't think they're going to be minting 60 cent coins any time soon though.

:eyepop:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I like the idea that one of his greatest achievements seems to be not listening to his Secretary of State

let's be real she only got to be secretary of state because he was worried the PUMA poo poo would continue and it'd cost him the election, it's not because of much exceptional foreign policy skill

I think Obama was a pretty smart person who had the patience to do things more impulsive people would have leapt on, like Syria. We probably could have taken care of Syria much more easily than Iran - it's smaller, a tiny bit more friendly in terms of terrain, is closer and more connected to numerous regional allies (namely Israel, Turkey, and kinda-Cyprus), and most of its population centers are very close to the Mediterranean so the Navy can be used more effectively. But it literally would not have made anything any better in the future soooooo.

He's often derided for being a sellout, but...what else was he going to do? It was 2008 - the internet still had limits and you basically couldn't get literally anywhere off of not taking Super-PACs. Hell I think the existence and success of things like Kickstarter and Patreon were what made Sanders' concept viable, but in 2008 people were resigned to the idea that nothing that happened at any point in their lives was in their hands and they just wanted someone who wouldn't ruin it for them. I think if Obama could have run that kind of campaign, he would have - he certainly campaigned like he was doing so. But there was no way to do anything without big money influence and that's the biggest thing that held him back, that he had to keep answering to things they wanted over stuff he actually had the inclination to do. He certainly tried, and I think he was still a definite net positive for the country. But while he had the potential in him to be truly great, it just wasn't in the cards.

In short he's the closest we've come to being in a Civilization game one day that we've had in a long while, but he's just not quite there. There's been a sore lack of strong leadership basically ever since FDR, and I'd attribute it to how the boomers, the generation of 'always remember that we won WWII and now it is time to party forever', and their attitudes remain a driving influence on our country's politics and culture Obama couldn't escape that shadow, and it's still likely to hang around for another decade or so.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Gyra_Solune posted:

There's been a sore lack of strong leadership basically ever since FDR, and I'd attribute it to how the boomers, the generation of 'always remember that we won WWII and now it is time to party forever',

I really don't think you understand how the boomers got the name they did.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dunno, reckon there's plenty of boomers who consider their parents' world war service their own personal achievement

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I really don't think you understand how the boomers got the name they did.

I didn't mean it as they were the people that fought in WWII - more that they grew up in a world where America was the world's eternal superhero and could do no wrong after swooping in to save the day from evil Nazi Germany (even though I'd attribute more of that victory to Russia).

zeal posted:

i dunno, reckon there's plenty of boomers who consider their parents' world war service their own personal achievement

this too

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Gyra_Solune posted:

I didn't mean it as they were the people that fought in WWII - more that they grew up in a world where America was the world's eternal superhero and could do no wrong after swooping in to save the day from evil Nazi Germany (even though I'd attribute more of that victory to Russia).

this too

Well your pronoun choice was imprecise. :colbert:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well your pronoun choice was imprecise. :colbert:

words is hard

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Best president this country has ever had

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Democratic myopia is embarrassing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

pretty sure he's the first president to say both "anime" and "manga" in an official speech. never thought that would happen in my lifetime

haha when did this happen

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
still wont top clinton giving a shoutout to vilerat, with achievements in both the real world and the online world

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

rear end cobra posted:

Barack Obama is a good president with a great rear end

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
Not a hard hurdle to surmount. Every US president has been a murderous war criminal except maybe Jimmy Carter idk, probably him too.

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
Bernie Sandhurst is chomping at the bit to drone murder and terrorize brown people overseas.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

insofar as the role of the president is to mediate and manage the dictatorship of the bourgeoisie, he's done fine

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Pollyanna posted:

haha when did this happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-8zQC-9Iok&t=19s

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

rear end cobra posted:

Barack Obama is a good president with a great rear end

And you've got your head all the way up in it!

Obama selling out Ukraine was shameful. In a couple of decades it's going to be remembered as another Munich.

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

mobby_6kl posted:

Obama selling out Ukraine was shameful. In a couple of decades it's going to be remembered as another Munich.

in a couple of decades you're going to be remembered as another moondick

ps. suck it crater face

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im glad that Barack Obama didnt give a gently caress about some miserable slavic bog enough to start a shooting war over its squatting ditches being occupied by a bunch of other blind drunk slavs

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
"...squat, broad, flat-nosed, sallow-skinned, with wide mouths and slant eyes; in fact degraded and repulsive versions of the least lovely Mongol-types."

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mobby_6kl posted:

"selling out?" ukraine has done exactly what the eu, imf and us wanted it to do, with or without russia's annexation

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Thump! posted:

I heard Obummer was gonna open up some FEMA camps and put rightwing assholes in them, so that's a p cool thing imho

But he hasn't and he won't. Another broken promise, shame, bitter disappointment.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

mobby_6kl posted:

It's a very impressive rear end for an old man

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Arri posted:

Not a hard hurdle to surmount. Every US president has been a murderous war criminal except maybe Jimmy Carter idk, probably him too.

His blind support for the Shah of Iran, who was human garbage of the highest order, is a huge reason why Iran went full radical and anti-US.

He gets too much crap in general, but he still made some major gently caress ups.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

sean10mm posted:

He gets too much crap in general, but he still made some major gently caress ups.

He gets way too much crap from the right, but he doesn't get nearly enough, or honestly any, from the left. That's a problem.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Bloody Queef posted:

He gets way too much crap from the right, but he doesn't get nearly enough, or honestly any, from the left. That's a problem.

The problem with what passes for the left in this country is that they'll enthusiastically support stuff they'd crucify their opponents for, so long as the person doing it has a (D) next to their name.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Gravy Train Robber posted:

The problem with what passes for the left in this country is that they'll enthusiastically support stuff they'd crucify their opponents for, so long as the person doing it has a (D) next to their name.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Bloody Queef posted:

Outside of internet contrarians nostalgic for the rear end-end of the 1970s for some insane reason, by and large they pretended Carter didn't exist at all after 1980.

Kudaros
Jun 23, 2006
When I (The Left) attack Obama, liberals get real pissy and defensive. It's pretty loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I'd take four more years over these turds. FDR had it figured out - spend 8 years learning how to do it right then keep going until God takes you.

• Locked thread