Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

GQ has already spoken, so I think the smart and worldly patrons of YCS should weigh in on how great Obama was. What will be your favorite Obama memory, that you tell your grandchildren?

http://www.gq.com/story/obama-greatest-president-legacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

GQ has already spoken, so I think the smart and worldly patrons of YCS should weigh in on how great Obama was. What will be your favorite Obama memory, that you tell your grandchildren?

http://www.gq.com/story/obama-greatest-president-legacy

I think the Obama presidency was just a thinly veiled excuse for him to hang out with Steph Curry, Zach Galifanakis and Jerry Seinfeld.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I will start off, as the OP.

My favorite Obama memory was when he won the Nobel Peace Prize. :obama:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
My favorite Obama memory is when he made the Terminator program real.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

my favorite moment is when he caused a lot of outlandish caremad retard outrage among republicans, a torch proudly passed on to the democrats now with trump

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope
The First Trans- president

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
My favorite moment was when his VP figuratively pulled Obama by his hair, kicking and screaming, into the pro-gay marriage camp.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
probably al majalah

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what retard actually likes obama in 2016
like even the weepy dipshits fawning over him in 2007/8 should have known better

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

paul_soccer10 posted:

what retard actually likes obama in 2016
like even the weepy dipshits fawning over him in 2007/8 should have known better

There are many who still like him, and even some who think he will be remembered as one of the greatest presidents ever.

I am hoping someone who believes this will visit my tiny thread :)

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Like I think there was an Ezra Kline article a year ago that was something like "Obama's a great president because he's done something about every issue he mentioned in 2008"?

It was a very weird article but then again I am not as smart as Ezra Kline or Obama (he went to Harvard), so

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
best president since FDR

or maybe just best president since Eisenhower but we'll see how things pan out

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

baw posted:

best president since FDR

What do you need to see pan out before you put him over Eisenhower?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

mostly foreign policy stuff but also the ACA

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the ACA is only good relative to the absolute garbage mess we had before it

unfortunately we will probably not make any more progress on health in this stupid bullshit country for another decade assuming we don't regress tremendously during the trumpocalypse

So I guess compared to what it could have been (a bill consisting of the words "LET EM DIE" printed for 48,000 pages) it is excellent actually

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
the ACA is pretty weaksauce because in practice it doesn't really "help" the working class until the doctor tells you the tumor is malignant and in that particular moment its hard to feel too much gratitude since you're only totally bankrupted and not hyperbolically cartoonishly bankrupted and passing on 200k in debt to your next of kin.

salary rules are excellent though, and i genuinely believe he's retroactively earned his nobel prize by not invading syria and probably starting a war with russia in the support of such awesome dudes like ansar al-sharia and ahrar al-sham like HRC and samantha power wanted to do so very very badly.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Willie Tomg posted:

the ACA is pretty weaksauce because in practice it doesn't really "help" the working class until the doctor tells you the tumor is malignant and in that particular moment its hard to feel too much gratitude since you're only totally bankrupted and not hyperbolically cartoonishly bankrupted and passing on 200k in debt to your next of kin.

salary rules are excellent though, and i genuinely believe he's retroactively earned his nobel prize by not invading syria and probably starting a war with russia in the support of such awesome dudes like ansar al-sharia and ahrar al-sham like HRC and samantha power wanted to do so very very badly.

Dont worry, Hillary will surely win a nobel peace prize 3 months after she's elected. I expect the people who vote on it already have a familiar tingle up their legs

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

He was def. a pretty pro President. I say top 15

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Getting Joe Biden and the Onion together.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

the important thing to remember about rating presidents is that every one of them is basically a war criminal as soon as they take the oath of office and they have all been consciously responsible for unspeakable horrors

so you gotta take that stuff for granted

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

baw posted:

best president since FDR

This is a joke, right?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Obama's presidency was basically the best-case scenario for America these past eight years or so, considering the available options, and an unmistakable improvement over what came before, so that makes him a great President by default and there's nothing anyone can do to change that, especially not by making furious online counter-arguments. And with Hillary Clinton's win in November, his policies are mostly set to continue and become more enmeshed, so that's his legacy pretty much locked in.

Actually probably his greatest legacy will be trolling the Republican party into self-destructing via Trump simply by existing.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Dolash posted:

Obama's presidency was basically the best-case scenario for America these past eight years or so, considering the available options, and an unmistakable improvement over what came before, so that makes him a great President by default and there's nothing anyone can do to change that, especially not by making furious online counter-arguments. And with Hillary Clinton's win in November, his policies are mostly set to continue and become more enmeshed, so that's his legacy pretty much locked in.

Actually probably his greatest legacy will be trolling the Republican party into self-destructing via Trump simply by existing.

:smugdon:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
pretty sure he's the first president to say both "anime" and "manga" in an official speech. never thought that would happen in my lifetime

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Dolash posted:

his greatest legacy will be trolling the Republican party into self-destructing via Trump simply by existing.

Which probably really pisses him off as well because there's no way he could have foreseen that

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Dolash posted:

Or, perhaps, pushing identity politics to where President Donald Trump becomes possible

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

gobbagool posted:

Or, perhaps, pushing identity politics to where President Donald Trump becomes possible

please elaborate

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Immortan posted:

This is a joke, right?

no, it is not

KabukiAvenger
Jul 15, 2008

gobbagool posted:

Yeah, the whole birther thing was totally the result of Obama's embrace of identity politics

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Obama: bad or :sad:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Badger of Basra posted:

please elaborate

Progressive fascism.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

a roughly 40th-percentile president

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
My favorite part is that one of the first things brought up on the whitehouse.gov petition page was marijuana legalization and Obama just laughed and said "nope," even though he could unilaterally deschedule it making it de facto legal.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Imagine how awesome the economy would have been if W didn't tank it at the end there?

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

KabukiAvenger posted:

Yeah, the whole birther thing was totally the result of Obama's embrace of identity politics

Or, you know, Her Turn 2008. Credit where credit is due, and nobody can character assassinate a black man like a white woman!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Barack Obama is a good president with a great rear end

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

relevant

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Lmao

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
for a nation like the usa who talks such a big game about fighting al qaeda or "islamic extremism" or whatever i feel like not enough dialogue is given to the fact that hillary clinton literally wants to go to war so jabhat al-nusra can take over syria and genocide the alawites and that barack obama is literally, not figuratively but literally, the only reason we have not done so already and that most americans should be extremely grateful for that but are not because they are ignorant dog trash and we all deserve a succession of trash leaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Willie Tomg posted:

for a nation like the usa who talks such a big game about fighting al qaeda or "islamic extremism" or whatever i feel like not enough dialogue is given to the fact that hillary clinton literally wants to go to war so jabhat al-nusra can take over syria and genocide the alawites and that barack obama is literally, not figuratively but literally, the only reason we have not done so already and that most americans should be extremely grateful for that but are not because they are ignorant dog trash and we all deserve a succession of trash leaders.

they're moderates ok

• Locked thread