Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The new timeline makes my head hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

If, early in the movie, an intermittent five second premonition with apocalypse and fire was supposed to be the buildup to the phoenx, then I'm sorry if I misinterprited the writer's lack of creativity. "Unleash your power" is even more lazy.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

im gaye posted:

if a fantastic four movie was made in a very deliberate and realized jack kirby aesthetic you could end up with a fuckin rad dr doom

but yeah that would never happen

That is the biggest goddamn crime out of all of this, too. Kirby's aesthetic is the best thing to come out of comics.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Everytime Apocalypse was on screen they should have just used the audio clips from the cartoon for his dialog. Instantly the movie would have be 300 % better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbyz8lv4BE0

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Airborne Viking posted:

If, early in the movie, an intermittent five second premonition with apocalypse and fire was supposed to be the buildup to the phoenx, then I'm sorry if I misinterprited the writer's lack of creativity. "Unleash your power" is even more lazy.

Did you go to take a poo poo during that scene where Jean can't control her power and is melting her loving room?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo this movie was awful. The first two hours was such poo poo with nothing happening, and introducing characters we've seen in 14 other loving movies.

If you're going to make a super hero movie going forward, 5 minutes of lead-in is all you need, the rest should be nothing but huge budget action.

The wire-fu in this movie was laughably bad, too. I could almost see the strings.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Philthy posted:

The first two hours

Philthy posted:

The first two hours

Philthy posted:

The first two hours

WHY THE gently caress IS THIS MOVIE TWO HOURS, LET ALONE LONGER????

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Vakal posted:

Everytime Apocalypse was on screen they should have just used the audio clips from the cartoon for his dialog. Instantly the movie would have be 300 % better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbyz8lv4BE0

:smith: what could have been...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately the guy who did that voice is dead

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

KiteAuraan posted:

Did you go to take a poo poo during that scene where Jean can't control her power and is melting her loving room?

was that about 40 minutes in? If so than yes.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

What a shitshow. The whole Stryker scene was shoved in a plot that was already sluggish. The only characters I liked were Quicksilver and Nightcrawler.

And gently caress off Jennifer Lawrence. Stop playing vague-Katniss and put some effort in.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

all the xmen movies have been bad

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

all the xmen movies have been bad

but all of the teenage boy fuckin' they have funded for brian singer has been good. well, good for brian singer at least.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ButteCysts posted:

arent superhero movies for children now

well kinda

this movie's director is a pedophile

HumanDecency
Oct 5, 2015
This movie was freaking great. I don't know what you goons are thinking. Apocalypse was a legit bad guy. The visuals were pleasing. The linear story was simple enough to follow and made sense. It felt like a comic book. Which is the goal? Right?

The only thing I didn't care about was JL'S performance. She didn't have any chemistry with the new xmen characters.

Jean Grey, Cyclops, Magento and Xavier all had solid performances.

8/10. Right up there with First Class and DOFP.

Magneto had a very good dramatic performance. Which is good and bad because it kind of pigeon holes him from ever being a really bad guy.

I like comic books.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Stupid newbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

HumanDecency posted:

This movie was freaking great. I don't know what you goons are thinking. Apocalypse was a legit bad guy. The visuals were pleasing. The linear story was simple enough to follow and made sense. It felt like a comic book. Which is the goal? Right?

The only thing I didn't care about was JL'S performance. She didn't have any chemistry with the new xmen characters.

Jean Grey, Cyclops, Magento and Xavier all had solid performances.

8/10. Right up there with First Class and DOFP.

Magneto had a very good dramatic performance. Which is good and bad because it kind of pigeon holes him from ever being a really bad guy.

I like comic books.

Apocalypse made Xavier bald.

• Locked thread