Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Howdy folks, Shinjobi here yet again with funtastic superhero movie thoughts. Just got done previewing X-Men Apocalypse, and all of the reviews you've already read were absolutely right: this movie is lazy as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Apocalypse is a body hopping blue dude, the first mute aunt, and is capable of tampering with any power so long as he gets a chance with it. He was buried under rubble for a bajillion years, with the only way to wake up relying on the sun hitting a golden pyramid thing that...powers...his stuff? Like, he only uses it to body hop, and wake up. Not sure why the gold pyramid is so important, but it is. And despite his cult finding his rubble, and golden triangle, somehow none of them ever let a sunbeam hit the golden pyramid doohicky until American CIA lady stumbles upon them mid-prayer.

Okay, that's kinda hokey. Can't get worse, right? Actually yes. Magneto has been hiding away with new wife and daughter in Poland, having a great time working in a steel mill and being happy. One day he uses his powers to save a dude that was about to get crushed by metal. His favor is repaid by his coworkers narc-ing on him to the police, who promptly want to know why the gently caress world criminal Magneto is chilling out and being nice. Part of their investigation involves kidnapping his daughter, and holding her at bow & arrow point. That's not a joke. They come at Magneto armed with bows and arrows. Then his daughter flips out, and she's a mutant that can summon birds and poo poo, which freaks out the police and OOPS policeman accidentally let go of his fully drawn bow in fright, and WHAT ARE THE CHANCES Magneto's brand new wife and daughter are killed with the same accidental arrow. This is what drives Magneto back to murdering people and being angry all the time, and why he joins Apocalypse: because a dude somehow accidentally shot a bow & arrow in the perfect way to kill two people with one draw.

Charles Xavier challenges Apocalypse to a fight in the MINDREALM and punches the hell out of him for a few rounds and it's really cool for a while. Also Apocalypse wants to body hop to Charles because he can talk to everyone with his mind and Apocalypse is intensely interested in brainwashing the masses. The body hop is canceled halfway by Jean Grey, but the influx of Apocapower into Xavier, ever so briefly, causes Xavier to lose all of his hair. Apocalypse made Charles bald.

Wolverine has a cameo. He kills some dudes, then gets creepy with young Jean Grey after she recovers some of his memories. He escapes Stryker's base and runs off into the snowy wilderness clad in a pair of shorts.

Also that stupid speech you hear from Mystique in all the trailers/commercials is like...the last thing you hear the movie. Thankfully. Quicksilver is still cool.

Alright I'm done. Apocalypse was better than BvS, but after First Class and Days of Future Past this movie felt so goddamned dumb and badly written than I wanted to cry. Charles had a STRONG hair game going on up til this point, I will miss it dearly.

EDIT: here have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSuvOVH0aSQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
holy moley but is that some words about some dumb poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Iron Prince posted:

holy moley but is that some words about some dumb poo poo

It is a lot of dumb text, I admit.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

bill pozzme

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Whoa it was bad?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
So I was right to stick with the cartoons

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Hunh. It sounds much better than the trailer made it look.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
did yhey put the leroy jenkins joke in the movie

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Is it worth 25 but for me and the missus to see though?

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
arent superhero movies for children now

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I knew this before I even saw the movie. In fact I didnt even know there was another xmen movie and I still knew it was disappointing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sintax posted:

I knew this before I even saw the movie. In fact I didnt even know there was another xmen movie and I still knew it was disappointing.

you are wise beyond your years

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

intersting :)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

But... I still get to see naked Mystique and 80s Sansa, right?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When does Wolverine get into the action?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
x din give it to me

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the fundamental axioms of the comic book movie genre are irredeemably stupid

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
im the juggletot bench

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

do we FINALLY get to see wolverines donger???

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

:cry:

j/k

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Why have they not just done a Quicksilver movie?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

more like x-men:asuckalypse. two thumbs down!!!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Is this the film with the hot chicks in skin tight body suits?

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

ButteCysts posted:

arent superhero movies for children now

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

But... I still get to see naked Mystique and 80s Sansa, right?

Is that Jennifer Lawrence? Pass...

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Shinjobi posted:

Apocalypse is a body hopping blue dude

Okay, that's kinda hokey. Can't get worse, right? Actually yes. Magneto has been hiding away with new wife and daughter in Poland, Part of their investigation involves kidnapping his daughter, and holding her at bow & arrow point.

a dude somehow accidentally shot a bow & arrow in the perfect way to kill two people with one draw.

Apocalypse made Charles bald.

lol at all of this

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

man it sure seems based on all these super hero threads about super hero films in GBS that super hero movies are just well darn they aren't very good any more or so it would seem to me based on all of the gbs threads about super hero movies with titles such as This Movies is Sucks my Dick in A Bad Way: Batman vs Superman and Holy gently caress I Want to Kill Myself for Having Wasted 2 Hours of My Life Watching Transformers 5 or Whatever the Last One Was and now this one about X Men I guess

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

transformers 5 is going to be amazing

i heard you get to see bumblebee's donger

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my mutant power is finding bald men sexually attractive

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i will get high and watch loving anything and go man that was cool except dances with wolves which ive never been able to stay awake through

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Is Magneto's daughter supposed to be Scarlet Witch or is just another daughter so they could off her? I'm lolling if in the Avenger's universe, NotMutant Quicksilver gets pointlessly killed for not being fast, and in the X-men universe, NotAvenger Scarlet Witch is impaled with her mother. This is how we solve character rights disputes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i could only make it through half of SPECTRE last night before turning it off

james brond dropped the ball on that one

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
But are there any cute butts in it?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
not seeing this trash movie as it belongs in the garbage with apple products and Grover the Grouch from sesam street

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

transformers 5 is going to be amazing

i heard you get to see bumblebee's donger

Again? Dude's donger is old news. We saw him "Lubricate" in the first film.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

JiveHonky posted:

not seeing this trash movie as it belongs in the garbage with apple products and Grover the Grouch from sesam street

um it's snuffleupagus that's a grouch stupid

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

Again? Dude's donger is old news. We saw him "Lubricate" in the first film.
i have only seen transformers 4

wacky tacky kathy
May 26, 2016

by zen death robot
I OFTEN TIMES FIND MYSELF MASTURBATING AND LAUGHINGHYSTIERCALLY WHILE SHOUTING GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES

due to the fukin cia presence on this forum

ty fattuccine and rufus

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

wacky tacky kathy posted:

I OFTEN TIMES FIND MYSELF MASTURBATING AND LAUGHINGHYSTIERCALLY WHILE SHOUTING GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES

due to the fukin cia presence on this forum

ty fattuccine and rufus

Oh god damnit. Dare is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Does Apocalypse look stupid?

• Locked thread