Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
My children have never known a world without TV on demand. Now that's a cultural shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Remember 'be kind rewind?'

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pawn 17 posted:

I'm struggling to think of something that was around 20 years ago that is completely gone and not just changed.

A sense of print media having any relevance whatsoever

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

My children have never known a world without TV on demand. Now that's a cultural shift.

I ain't no generational scientist but I would wager that proliferation of mobile devices and easy access to media content could be enough of a cultural shift. Kids these days, like yours, really haven't know a world without youtube, facebook, or some kind of stream service.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
Gamefaqs is the only reason I'm even literate.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
get this they WATCH OTHER PEOPLE PLAY VIDEO GAMES

on the INTERNET.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

AugmentedVision posted:

get this they WATCH OTHER PEOPLE PLAY VIDEO GAMES

on the INTERNET.

this is super weird and I don't understand it, but that's how they do.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

What I'm trying to say is that poo poo is the same as it ever was. I'm struggling to think of something that was around 20 years ago that is completely gone and not just changed.

Beanie Baby profits

if you don't know what that is you ain't a 90s kid

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 7, 2016

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

kazr posted:

i think you're confusing millennials with whatever dip poo poo name is eventually coined to the generation after, op

I think it goes millenials, billenials, trillenials, etc.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Roger Craig posted:

Nobody remembers the skill required to hammer out a few words onto a stone tablet or read Summerian! Now people just use emojis! loving millenials!

Look at this poser who doesn't know those tablets were made by pressing into clay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga

it's like my posts

• Locked thread