Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Gimmick aside, I haven't seen our team play this consistently since the mid 80s, with the Barcelona Olympics being the notable exception. While Milik's antics are unforgivable at this level, we showed incredible composure at the back, which traditionally has been a very shaky formation. Lewandowski did as well as could be expected of him given the opposition and lack of passing. Glad to see him reinvented as a playmayker too. While we're unlikely to reach the level we were at in the 70s with this generation of footballers, it's a step in the right direction that hopefully won't get pissed away like the potential the 1992 Olympic team had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Lewa was loving all over the place tbh, I kept doing double takes because he was at the back taking the ball away from one of our players who I assume were stunned to see him around his own goal tackling them. It's just a shame that it was Milik instead of him who got all the good chances to shoot because even if he is a big garbage wasteman he probably would have managed to hit the ball.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

hopterque posted:

Lewa was loving all over the place tbh, I kept doing double takes because he was at the back taking the ball away from one of our players who I assume were stunned to see him around his own goal tackling them. It's just a shame that it was Milik instead of him who got all the good chances to shoot because even if he is a big garbage wasteman he probably would have managed to hit the ball.

The problem is that we don't have a playmaker. Zielinski is far too young and inexperienced to take this job. Krychowiak is needed elsewhere and that isn't his position to begin with. Milik was thought to be a fairly competent forward, which is why Lewandowski took over as the playmaker and was, by necessity, shifted more towards midfield. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone expected just how much of a wasteman Milik was going to be. Obviously this setup is unsustainable in the long run and they will have to work something out. Unlike most other teams however, our starting eleven is pretty much everything we've got. With a couple of injuries just before the tournament, our depth has been reduced to zero.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

A historic thing has just happened. Nice.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I can't wait to spend the next 5 days hearing about this non stop on every channel, radio station, web portal and whenever I open my fridge. There are days I hate living in this country.

Impending nonsense aside, this is quite an achievement. And the first time we've progressed out of the group stage in 30 loving years. Well done you miserable bastards.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mackintosh posted:

There are days I hate living in this country.

Wtf. This implies there are days when you don't. Clearly only a Legia plastic and not a true supporter

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

I'm so so sorry

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mackintosh posted:

I can't wait to spend the next 5 days hearing about this non stop on every channel, radio station, web portal and whenever I open my fridge. There are days I hate living in this country.

Impending nonsense aside, this is quite an achievement. And the first time we've progressed out of the group stage in 30 loving years. Well done you miserable bastards.

Have you ever enjoyed anything in life?

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I saw a man run drunk* around a roundabout in my hometown, pulling the national flag behind him like he'd just won Olympic gold.

*presumably

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Tevery Best posted:

I saw a man run drunk* around a roundabout in my hometown, pulling the national flag behind him like he'd just won Olympic gold.

*presumably

Warsaw's been rather quiet, but that's probably due to the sweltering heat.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Poland 1:0 against Portugal atm and the team is still doing well. What the hell is going on.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Y'all thought it could have actually happened. Dumb saps lol

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

goodbye poland, your best player missed a pelanty and you lost :poland:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I am satisfied. Waited 34 years for this. Feels good.

• Locked thread