Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

...but not much else.

In fact our side has only managed the feat once so far with one additional showing granted out of politeness by UEFA for co-hosting the tournament. Both times we had better things to do than flaunting our footy prowess right as the group stage came to a close.

I honestly know poo poo all about our team. A sentiment which you should all share. Recently there were two friendlies which didn't inspire optimism. I guess we drew 0:0 against Lithuania (?).

How it got to this point:

Something like this happened. We won against Germany and the rest is typical terrible play.

Our proud national team!

what we do best

The men between the posts:

Wojciech Chezny (AS Roma) - I know that he once broke both arms while trying to move the goal posts. I hope he's ok now. We all do.
Artur Boruc (AFC Bournemouth) - McDonalds spokesperson for Poland - judging by his ample belly and by the fact that they pay him.
Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea City) - I got nothing

D-FENS (If none of these people ring a bell now, just wait till they comically fail on the pitch as is the Polish tradition)

Michal Pazdan (Mackintosh's avatar)
Artur Jedrzejczyk (same)
Thiago Cionek (US Palermo) - born and bred in the far away land of Brasil! A far descendant of a Polish immigrant forced to drop the -cki from his surname at the border.
Jakub Wawrzyniak (Lechia Gdansk)
Kamil Glik (Torino FC)
Bartosz Salamon (Cagliari Calcio)
Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund) - he plays for the other German club

Support (If I write nothing next to most names it's not because I expect you to know these famous international stars)

Krzysztof Maczynski (Wisla Krakow) - brought into the team for sheer tongue twister potential
Tomasz Jodlowiec (Legia Warszawa)
Karol Linetty (Lech Poznan) - this one is from France, I think. No doubt will face accusations of playing for the home team when we face them in the final. E: Whoops! Turns out I confused him with a mixture of Laurent Koscielny and Ludovic Obraniak! His surname looks no good though so when we end up playing against France, someone will no doubt speak his mind after the inevitable own goal.
Grzegorz Krychowiak (Sevilla FC)
Kamil Grosicki (Stade Rennes)
Jakub Blaszczykowski (ACF Fiorentina)
Slawomir Peszko (Lechia Gdansk)
Piotr Zieliniski (Empoli FC)
Bartosz Kapustka (Cracovia)
Filip Starzynski (Zaglebie Lublin)

Attack:

Arkadiusz Milik (Ajax Amsterdam)
Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) - wow he's from Poland!?
Mariusz Stepinski (Ruch Chorzow) - honest to god, first time I see the name.

Coach:
IVECO, driven by Adam Nawalka since 2013

What is at stake for the Polish Eagles?

We are hoping to exit group C and into the further stages, which as said will be a new experience for our country, after the following matches:

Poland v. Northern Ireland - June 12
Germany v. Poland (hey we beat them... once!) - June 16
Ukraine v. Poland (a match to settle all scores from 2012) - June 21

:poland:

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
everything i know about poland i learned from season 2 of the wire so i assume everyone on the team is obsessed with stained glass windows in churches and also organized crime

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

This is true on both counts.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

season 2 was the best season. if you dont agree you are a reverse racist.

also Poland will get to the quarter finals.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Krychowiak is really good

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Great op and I loved the coach joke

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

MoPZiG posted:

season 2 was the best season. if you dont agree you are a reverse racist.
This is also true

MoPZiG posted:

also Poland will get to the quarter finals.
This though...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea City) - I got nothing

When Swansea win his neighbour leaves him a box of a dozen eggs to come home to. He's a nice lad and far less nervous now he's moved out of the big city.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I expect mackintosh to write a long essay on why Lewa is a fraud at least twice this tournament.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Troy Queef posted:

I expect mackintosh to write a long essay on why Lewa is a fraud at least twice this tournament.

well I expect mackintosh to be wrong at least thrice this tournament (he gets one strike auto for Legia DNA)

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Troy Queef posted:

Make that twice per half of each of Poland's matches

Dunban fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 9, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dunban posted:

Make that twice per half of each of Poland's matches
12 times huh

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 9, 2016

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

sassassin posted:

When Swansea win his neighbour leaves him a box of a dozen eggs to come home to. He's a nice lad and far less nervous now he's moved out of the big city.

wow, if they egg his house when they WIN then..:stare:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I drew Poland in the work sweepstake, sso please finish at least 4th so I win a fiver. Thanks

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Poland aren't the only team in their group that need a Piszczek

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Definitely keeping an eye on this thread for future mackintosh meltdowns.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
We're poo poo and going home after three games. This thread is bad, I disavow of its existence. Gas it, ban OP.

Jebać, jebać PZPN!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I believe.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

The Big Taff Man posted:

I drew Poland in the work sweepstake, sso please finish at least 4th so I win a fiver. Thanks

We will finish fourth. In our group.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

mackintosh posted:

We will finish fourth. In our group.

Because you'll be totally helpless against Known Good Team Northern Ireland?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
uhh listen known wasteman and piece of overrated human garbage Robert Lewandowski is gonna miss all the goals again and at long last Mackintosh will be vindicated.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Semi-relevant.
I have no idea if these are actually Polish and N.Irish fans, but this is what the caption says.
https://twitter.com/footbalIfights/status/741747469143441408

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Definitely Northern Ireland fans, not seeing any Polish ones there though. Besides, our ultras have been boycotting the national team for years, I doubt anyone worth fighting would be in France.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Alexeythegreat posted:

Semi-relevant.
I have no idea if these are actually Polish and N.Irish fans, but this is what the caption says.
https://twitter.com/footbalIfights/status/741747469143441408

too many british teams

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

mackintosh posted:

Definitely Northern Ireland fans, not seeing any Polish ones there though. Besides, our ultras have been boycotting the national team for years, I doubt anyone worth fighting would be in France.

Boycotting? That's news for me. What's the reason?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Alexeythegreat posted:

Boycotting? That's news for me. What's the reason?

Not sure tbh. It started with them boycotting the FA and "their" national team. Now it's mostly because they loathe regular fans and don't want to mingle with them. Personally, I prefer to believe they can't afford tickets.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

mackintosh posted:

Not sure tbh. It started with them boycotting the FA and "their" national team. Now it's mostly because they loathe regular fans and don't want to mingle with them. Personally, I prefer to believe they can't afford tickets.

Did you guys nationalize a black guy or something

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Did you guys nationalize a black guy or something

Olisadebe was a decade ago

szary
Mar 12, 2014
What about Roger Pereiro Guerreiro and other "painted foxes"

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Time for the journey to the finals to being :toot: I believe.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Turns out it was big bad French meanies that beat up both Polish and Northern Irish fans yesterday. And they call this town Nice!

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Szczesny got kicked too hard in the thigh when selflessly saving us from the embarrassment of Pazdan and now he might not be able to take the blame for the next match!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

We actually played a fully decent game against Germany today, if boring. Mackintosh will disagree but that's the fail legia DNA talking

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I disagree, it was a deplorable poo poo show that we should have won, alas, with so many volksdeutsches in this team, it could never have panned out any other way.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

What did I tell you

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

dex_sda posted:

What did I tell you

Do you deny Glik, Milik, Blaszczykowski, Piszczek and Jodlowiec are Schlesien and Goralenvolk? And don't even get me started on the gastarbeiter.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Milik's first name starts with an A and his last name only has one letter fewer than Hitler's.

This can't be a coincidence!

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
After tonight's performance, Milik would have been sent to the Eastern Front.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

*watches his national team play like equals against the reigning world champions, in a game that the national team could have won if not for a little bit of bad luck and a poor performance from one solitary player - probably the most encouraging performance in decades* I can't plastic a different team? why has god cursed me???

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

mackintosh posted:

After tonight's performance, Milik would have been sent to the Eastern Front.

he already has been, he's playing for Poland idiot.

• Locked thread