Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Or a fleshlight and a few extra batteries if you wear a fedora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Because even back then they'd be like "uh no dude, you look ridiculous"

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Or you could bring a lawnmower and do yardwork for people throughout history and be know as the dude who did yardwork for people throughout history

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Bring a portable stereo and go back to when mankind first discovered music and play an album you hate and be like "This is what you're enabling" and they'd shut the hell up

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Endbringer posted:

Because even back then they'd be like "uh no dude, you look ridiculous"

yeah they arent idiots, they just haven't seen many good ideas. you would be much better off getting the cave women by teaching them about such great concepts as: agriculture, copper smelting, charcoal making, iron smelting, horse taming, and also hierarchies and slavery.

that would get you off to a nice start around 10,000 BC. not a lot of civilized cultures to compete with, you could carve out a pretty good territory

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

New fun hypothetical question, if you could be any other species, what would you be?

I'd be an oak tree because I'd live for like hundreds of years and not have to do poo poo all

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Except sway in the breeze man that sounds cool

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i would be a lobster, because lobster are immortal

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

John Denver Hoxha posted:

That's a very good and beautiful response. Would you want to bring anything back with you maybe some good food to share or a nice car to cruise around in? It would be interesting how a relationship would be shaped knowing when it would end (would you tell him? Not to get too personal...I think I would tell someone I loved unless it would trip them up ) or would you just keep yourself as a random stranger in passing?

I'd just be a stranger since it would be awkward and disturb time. I'll be happy just to hear him tell stories and sip whiskey with him.

I would tell him to stop smoking so he can live at least a few more years to invest in Internet stocks.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Egbert Souse posted:

I'd just be a stranger since it would be awkward and disturb time. I'll be happy just to hear him tell stories and sip whiskey with him.

I would tell him to stop smoking so he can live at least a few more years to invest in Internet stocks.

Wouldn't it be doubly awful though if your dad just couldn't stand your nancy 21st century ways and called you a fag?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

suck your future selfs dick or risk destroying the causality chain and destroying the entire universe

Any time destroying the universe is an option, it's always the correct choice. There's no regrets, no consequences, and nobody to laugh at you if it was a stupid decision.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
didnt even bother reading the thread because the answer is retardedly obvious: go back to the library of alexandria/michelangelo's studio/whatevs, load that u haul up and piss off back to the future (the present)

like why would you want to live anywhere pre penicillin ffs

this is the greatest time to be alive

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Clipperton posted:

this is the greatest time to be alive

One day in the future this post will be on permanent display in a museum and the curator will encourage school children to laugh at it as they sip their immortality juice and ask what penicillin was.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Endbringer posted:

One day in the future this post will be on permanent display in a museum and the curator will encourage school children to laugh at it as they sip their immortality juice and ask what penicillin was.

He meant "so far", smartass

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
id take gay sex back to the cavemen and make the human race gay lol therefore making humans never exiost

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

ButteCysts posted:

id take gay sex back to the cavemen and make the human race gay lol therefore making humans never exiost

You'd probably still get cavetwinks for a little while. With all the rampant public sex bound to happen, occasionally a cavewoman is gonna sit in some jizz.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

CJacobs posted:

He meant "so far", smartass

b-b-b-but I thought we were talking about time travel itt :shrug:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I'd bring a bucket of potent liquid psychedelics and a fiber-optic cloaking system, and I'd secretly deliver miniscule doses to shamans, pharaohs, prophets and poets, druids and monks and renaissance scholars alike.

Basically I'd become the cupid of sudden madness and divine inspiration.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Oh yeah and I'd bring a bunch of w33d s33ds and plant a nice patch for where/whenever I'm gonna be, natch :2bong:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I'd bring a bucket of potent liquid psychedelics and a fiber-optic cloaking system, and I'd secretly deliver miniscule doses to shamans, pharaohs, prophets and poets, druids and monks and renaissance scholars alike.

Basically I'd become the cupid of sudden madness and divine inspiration.

Yeah and then gently caress em real good.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

criscodisco posted:

Yeah and then gently caress em real good.

Time to open up that fourth eye, Mahatma :wink:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I think the Buddhists all just call it a butthole.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

criscodisco posted:

I think the Buddhists all just call it a butthole.

And "Gaandu" if it's in Hindi~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
SO I guess the question is,

If you can go through time would you do guru gaandu?

• Locked thread