Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I was recently discussing hypothetical scenarios with people. sort of philosophical decisions but fun that they're not like boring or convoluted or whatever but sort of sharing something about your outlook on life.
I wanted to see peoples thoughts including opinions on oral sex, and any questions you may have as well :)

Let's say you had a time travel device, and you either had the option of taking inanimate objects fitting in a 5x5x5 m volume back with you to live at any point anywhere in time, or to visit any point in time and bring the same volume back with you (and you can't for instance bring a camera back to take pictures, but you can get or make one from materials at that time, and if you want to bring items back you can get whatever you want as long as it fits) where would you go? Would you take items back and live out at a different time with the advantages the items bring, or would you bring items to reveal lost secrets from the past or get rich or bring items that you would love to own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hear that when you die, all the secrets of the universe are revealed to you. Since you seem to care, OP. Kill you're self.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd stuff the OP in the 5x5x5 box, then bring him back to the night his dad raped his mom and say "is this really what you guys want to happen? And then pull OP out."

This would prevent the rape and I would be a hero and this thread would have never happened.

Waltzing Along for president of the universe 2016.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I don't understand why you can't take a camera with you.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Let's say the past thousand generations of women in your family have been really hot and horny in their twenties, and you have a time travel device. How far back would you have to go before you were comfortable loving one of them? Great grandma? Great Grandma's Great Grandma? grandma?

If you're into men, then I guess reverse the question.

Also to the OP, I would bring a gun, leave the gun there, and then use the gun to kill anyone guarding some priceless artifact for me to bring back and sell.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 30, 2016

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Strudel Man posted:

I don't understand why you can't take a camera with you.

You can bring a camera with you but only one way. Its either pick up items from the time in the past to bring back to the present or take present day things to live in the past

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I would probably go to Jul 30, 2016 12:50, to wherever OP was, and either break his phone or CPU to prevent this thread from happening. The alternative to this would be going to May 31, 2014, and cutting his CC so he couldn't register.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i would time travel solely to gay out with historical figures. no dick left unsucked.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Kuato posted:

I would probably go to Jul 30, 2016 12:50, to wherever OP was, and either break his phone or CPU to prevent this thread from happening. The alternative to this would be going to May 31, 2014, and cutting his CC so he couldn't register.

Kuato easily nails the correct post

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

And anybody trying to time travel to prevent this post would create a paradox that would destroy whatever universe they live in

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
someone send a terminator back in time to gently caress OP's rear end into the ground

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I would go back to the caveman days with the empty pack and bring back some cavemen and have sex with the cavemen.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

John Denver Hoxha posted:

And anybody trying to time travel to prevent this post would create a paradox that would destroy whatever universe they live in

If it destroys your posting, I am down with it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

I'm glad of it. Sounds like a painless way to die, can't ask for anything more from this dying gay earth.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

criscodisco posted:

I would go back to the caveman days with the empty pack and bring back some cavemen and have sex with the cavemen.

Homosexuality was created in the 20th century so you're gonna be disappointed.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

dog buttz posted:

Let's say the past thousand generations of women in your family have been really hot and horny in their twenties, and you have a time travel device. How far back would you have to go before you were comfortable loving one of them? Great grandma? Great Grandma's Great Grandma? grandma?

Also to the OP, I would bring a gun, leave the gun there, and then use the gun to kill anyone guarding some priceless artifact for me to bring back and sell.

That's a good hypothetical, I don't think I could ever gently caress somebody in my direct lineage but like 30th cousin maybe?

And you can bring back whatever you want no need to bring a gun to steal it for the hypothetical. What artifacts would you take, what would you do with them?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

dog buttz posted:

That's a good hypothetical, I don't think I could ever gently caress somebody in my direct lineage but like 30th cousin maybe?

And you can bring back whatever you want no need to bring a gun to steal it for the hypothetical. What artifacts would you take, what would you do with them?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Let's say you had a time travel device, and you either had the option of taking inanimate objects fitting in a 5x5x5 m volume back with you to live at any point anywhere in time,
That's perfect, your mom just fits in that volume. I'll take her bac k to caveman times and ooga booga her with a club

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

I'd bring a big old box of the love of Jesus Christ and spread it to everybody's heart, personally :3

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

EngineerSean posted:

I did not state that the cavemen would be into it, just that they can't press charges because they're cavemen.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

criscodisco posted:

I did not state that the cavemen would be into it, just that they can't press charges because they're cavemen.

I think you'd have more fun if you took like five of the third class passengers from the titanic.

I mean that's my kink but I'm not judging.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

EngineerSean posted:

Why? When were you born Sean?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Im thinking my next thread should be inkblots that all look like the OP being brutally murdered, stay posted

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I would take 125,000 liters of wine and return with 125,000 liters of piss.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I'd go back to the 1970's to do my grocery shopping.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i would go to the future and stay there. i would not bring anything back. 1,000 years

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Time traveling to post this:
FIRST

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

For a way to get money and influence and bitches id go back with a super fly bulletproof car and other protective gear and like rent it out to like rappers and other high profile assassination victims (id also bring clippings and vhses of news reports about their murders and other events to show I didn't fabricate it or was trying to extort them)

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

Time traveling to post this:
FIRST

An interesting train of thought. You could go back and find the first internet discussion board and make this, or any other comment you would like the first reply in human history. Or you could pull like a John Titor

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Actually, I think I'll go back in time and kill JFK and Tupac.

See you fuckers in a minute.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you retard. no one would care about those dead rappers if they were still alive.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

you retard. no one would care about those dead rappers if they were still alive.

But they had money

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The thing is, have you ever heard of a person claiming to be a time traveler that wasn't immediately locked up in the loony bin? If you do go back in time, you can't tell anybody where/when you are actually from because they won't believe you. Even if you bring a smartphone or something, it will be taken away from you and destroyed and you'll be locked up forever. Even if you go back to like, 2010 or something. And what fun can you really have if people won't accept you as their god??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The thing is, have you ever heard of a person claiming to be a time traveler that wasn't immediately locked up in the loony bin? If you do go back in time, you can't tell anybody where/when you are actually from because they won't believe you. Even if you bring a smartphone or something, it will be taken away from you and destroyed and you'll be locked up forever. Even if you go back to like, 2010 or something. And what fun can you really have if people won't accept you as their god??
Sounds like exactly what happened to Jon Hendren at the smash mouth thing... Some coincidence :pwn:

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
I would go back to the 1940's and ensure all life ends on this dead gay earth.

Maybe hit up some cool music places before the earth gains a nice radioactive glow.

Otherwise the whole concept of time travel atleast, backwards time travel is functionally impossible, the fundamental principles of how time works is that it is only a measure of the actions of things within a given space. Some slower somefaster than others. Going forward in time faster is possible but I do not think going back is, simply due to the fact even canceling out the paradoxes, there would be far too much progress if the wrong directions if we were not careful.

Better hypothetical question, is if you could change any function of reality such that it could still work without the interference of other physical laws, what would it be? I'd go for the rules about conservation of energy and mass. So that fat people could never slow down.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Better hypothetical question, is if you could change any function of reality such that it could still work without the interference of other physical laws, what would it be? I'd go for the rules about conservation of energy and mass. So that fat people could never slow down.

I would make my penis 12 inches long. I mean I'd only gain one inch on what I have now, but it'd be an important inch.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

criscodisco posted:

Oh, you would find out they are complicated, romantic, and fickle, and your technological prowess would not necessarily translate to sexy. :kiddo:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Futurama says you can go back in time, you may have to keep going forward until the universe resets and you can get to the past again.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Oh, you would find out they are complicated, romantic, and fickle, and your technological prowess would not necessarily translate to sexy. :kiddo:

I'm a fixer.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

CJacobs posted:

That's a part to be considered of course, if you choose to live in the past you'll need to be careful about how you expose your knowledge, and maybe need to find the more superstitious or open minded contacts (you can rob them blind or just soak in the experience per the rules if you just want to visit but like you won't be harassed and you can't leave anything or cause influence except by making the objects disappear)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

criscodisco posted:

Futurama says you can go back in time, you may have to keep going forward until the universe resets and you can get to the past again.

Eventually you just shoot Hitler out the window

• Locked thread