Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Stuntman posted:

it's no coincidence that the people ITT complaining about the onion being "dumbed down" are the same kind that get triggered whenever they get called out on their bigotry

No one said it was dumbed down retard, I said it stopped being funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The Onion got bought out by uhhh... the mexican tv channel... Univision? I think? last year. So there you go explained.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Arian_Samurai posted:

It went downhill after T Herman Zweibel fired Jim Anchower and sold the news-paper to the Chinese

That, and Herbert Kornfeld died.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Bear Rapes Zookeeper has always been one of my favorites.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ContraBoss posted:

I dunno it's kinda funny when the dumb and/or old repost an Onion article or serious post about it when they can't recognize satire.

http://literallyunbelievable.org

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think the Onion and the AVclub got rid of any kind of regular staff and now only employ freelancers who get paid in Starbucks gift cards.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
onion is bad preachy ha ha only serious humour now, like the internet isn't drowning in that poo poo already

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Applewhite posted:

When it started coming true, OP.

not even 24 hours

and my favorite

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/gently caress-everything-were-doing-five-blades-11056

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

24 hours before releasing a story some motherfucker goes and does it irl

Fixed that for you, BLOOD.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

That, and Herbert Kornfeld died.
rip h-dog, pourin' one out for mah accounts payabo homie. or is it accounts receevabo? i forgot, he died a while ago

Internaut! posted:

onion is bad preachy ha ha only serious humour now, like the internet isn't drowning in that poo poo already
all political humor is this way now

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when they started to push a political agenda and get real preachy about gun control. They stopped trying to be funny and starting trying to educate people

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

rip h-dog, pourin' one out for mah accounts payabo homie. or is it accounts receevabo? i forgot, he died a while ago

It was Accountz Reeceevable at Midstate Office Supply

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I wish they would shut down completely. Their satire keeps coming literally true and it's scary as gently caress. The way its going, if the onion posted a modest proposal right now, people would be literally eating babies by the end of the week.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Holy crap... It just... keeps... going

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

when they started to push a political agenda and get real preachy about gun control. They stopped trying to be funny and starting trying to educate people
"'No Way To Prevent This' Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens" - an onion article shared en masse on facebook by a bunch of smug pricks after every mass shooting

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

all the good writers went to clickhole

thehardtimes dot net is pretty funny sometimes too

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Y-Hat posted:

"'No Way To Prevent This' Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens" - an onion article shared en masse on facebook by a bunch of smug pricks after every mass shooting

didn't they just run the same article with name swaps a few times in a row too?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

VectorSigma posted:

didn't they just run the same article with name swaps a few times in a row too?
i saw one spin-off on that premise so it's very likely that there are more

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Y-Hat posted:

not gonna lie, i chuckled at this when i first saw it

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Onion is clearly in a slump but the Franz Kafka International video, and the one where The Dogs Are Running, supreme court ruling the death penalty totally badass, amazing poo poo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

crossposting from the waterslide decapitation thread

late clinton/early bush years really were the best onion

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

The tim duncan onion pieces are really good

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I did laugh heartily at the Jock Scientists Discover Gay Gene in Carl video

https://youtu.be/WRKS6kZ8KU0

"It's in his butt"

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

OMGVBFLOL posted:

late clinton/early bush years really were the best onion

http://www.theonion.com/article/clinton-uses-power-of-make-believe-to-turn-bar-of--19928

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

and this was back when they had a print edition. it's hard to describe how great and hilarious it was to see stuff like this on newstands next to actual newspapers

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this was probably their peak moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKC21wDarBo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nnU71ggro

• Locked thread