Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
It used to be really funny like 15 years ago now they are afraid of offending their corporate sponsors so it's not funny anymore. Just a little truth bomb for ya on this tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winnie the Pooh
Feb 16, 2012
My favorite onion article was a decade ago, it was an op ed by Jimmy Carter where he was yelling about telling people to wear sweaters.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i just threw up in my mouth

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

i just threw up in my mouth
thats what I call a date and dessert

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it probably doesn't help that reality has become unmoored from its foundations

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Onion sports on twitter is still very funny, and clickhole is pretty good too. The onion always has very funny headlines just don't read the articles.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I remember in college they had a little newspaper thing where you could pick up free copies of the onion, that was neat.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

turbomoose posted:

Onion sports on twitter is still very funny, and clickhole is pretty good too. The onion always has very funny headlines just don't read the articles.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The AV Club though is a trainwreck

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

didn't they get bought by a fervent hillary supporter which led to things like this

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

the onion's Joe Biden coverage has been sick as poo poo. they were funny then and they funny now. #wisdom

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

is the sports pickle still funny?

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
clickhole is ok sometimes but a lot of it is too ZOMG RANDOM for me

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the onion proper sucks. clickhole is where it's at

unfortunately starwipe ended, but not before it exploded in a blaze of glory

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont look at the onion regularly but i still see funny headlines from them somewhat regularly on facebook and whatnot. AV club is bad though.

(and all their other newer satire offshoots like clickhole/starwipe probably diluted the brand as there is often overlap)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh poster above said starwipe is no more so i guess im a pretty out of touch with the onion brands

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't think I could visit a site called "clickhole" without losing the last scrap of dignity that I have left.

A_ssR_apistDude420
Aug 9, 2016

by Cowcaster
What a dumb troll it was never funny

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
op not so tough after being trolled

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't think I could visit a site called "clickhole" without losing the last scrap of dignity that I have left.

clickhole is probably the best website

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

turbomoose posted:

The onion always has very funny headlines just don't read the articles.

Yeah, basically this. The Onion was never really laugh out loud funny and it's always been rare that reading the article provided any additional humor to the headline itself.

Agreed that Clickhole can be too zomg random at times but I still love it for making GBS threads all over today's clickbait-filled internet and the dumb poo poo people share.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
it was purchased by a clinton supporter mere months ago so its finished

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
welcome to the machine rock and roll two point oh

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i love clickhole

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
clickhole is a pretty drat funny satire

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

paul_soccer10 posted:

op not so tough after being trolled

like this is one of their best headlines that would 100% never fly today

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think it actually somehow got funnier after the DNC purchased it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
wait until republicrats get a load of this

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood.

Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood.

Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

thathonkey posted:

AV club is bad though.
av club used to be good but it sucks now. they dropped a ton of tv show reviews in recent months and it's shifted from interesting pop culture analysis to just another website for pop culture thinkpieces

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*slits wrists*

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

dad gay. so what posted:

i love clickhole

be honest, though, you'll click any hole

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

av club used to be good
No.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

dad gay. so what posted:

*slits wrists*

Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

VectorSigma posted:

Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood.

Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood.

Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood.
check my profile

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dehumanize and face the headline

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Mozi posted:

it probably doesn't help that reality has become unmoored from its foundations

this

24 hours after releasing a story some motherfucker goes and does it irl

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Clinton bought The Onion and also she had The Daily Show cancelled so that there could be no funny coverage of the election

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dad gay. so what posted:

*slits wrists*

*applies tourniquet* dumb rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

this

24 hours after releasing a story some motherfucker goes and does it irl

Passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of anime.

• Locked thread