Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

spacetoaster posted:

Were any of you guys in the OIF 1? For a few weeks in the beginning, of the war, supply was so f'ed up that we were rationed two bottles of water a day. Ha ha, good times.....

I also slept on the hood of a truck for a month.

Back in my war we got mail by helicopter

Back in my war we didn't have to salute or wear eyepro outside at all times

Back in my war we didn't have...get ready...trigger warning...I hope you are sitting down....wifi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I told my family we didn't have telephones or internet at my FOB so that I could avoid talking to them for seven months.

War is good.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Zeris posted:

Back in my war we got mail by helicopter

Back in my war we'd Sweep and Zone a city into rubble then patrol it the next day and the locals still greeted us as liberators. Sandbag armored trucks, hasty fighting holes whenever the worlds worst shot climbed a building during the call to prayer, us not being allowed to direct fire the building with the 155.

Missile wreckage in what used to be an apartment being climbed over by the locals... beer factory in Baghdad... dudes on TCPs wasting some rear end in a top hat with a trunk full of explosives and a family of four on the same day all lost in time, like tears in the rain...

too tired and sober to do much with this right now

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
OIF 3-4 was the best time in the Army for me, beating out Korea 03-04 and Carson for parts of 04 and 06.

I say this having been blown up twice, I would rather be in the eye-rack than in garrison.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

OIF 3-4 was the best time in the Army for me, beating out Korea 03-04 and Carson for parts of 04 and 06.

I say this having been blown up twice, I would rather be in the eye-rack than in garrison.

Dry-Dock, dry-dock never changes...

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Back in my cold warleftovers we could only get familygrams that were about the length of a twitter post and not send anything out.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

OIF 1 sucked my loving balls but Task Force National Capitol Region in 2008 there was Taco Bell.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
The day they took away the chicken Cesar salad (w/fried chicken) was the darkest day of OND. May God have mercy on your souls Dick Cheney and the rest of Haliburton

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OTOH life in general sucked back then

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

like 100 years ago it really would suck to die of trenchfoot but what were you doing before the war? farming a lovely piece of dirt in slovakia probably, or working in a factory 20 hours a day

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

like 100 years ago it really would suck to die of trenchfoot but what were you doing before the war? farming a lovely piece of dirt in slovakia probably, or working in a factory 20 hours a day

You could always work 7 days a week until you were stabbed or stoned to death.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That's the kind of poo poo libertarians want to happen again with END GOVERNEMT REGULATIONSSS :byodood:

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
I'd want to survive weeks of trench warfare and then die of the flu.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dingleberry posted:

I'd want to survive weeks of trench warfare and then die of the flu.

:gas:

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

https://twitter.com/dril/status/618252204739162112

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

OIF was the tits.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Could you guys start another war plz? would love to be part of the invasion TY

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MurderBot posted:

Suck my civilian dick from the back

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MurderBot posted:

Next fall. Serious prediction.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Godholio posted:

Next fall. Serious prediction.

If Iran keeps trying to Miami Vice it up with speedboats, it might be this fall

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

VikingSkull posted:

If Iran keeps trying to Miami Vice it up with speedboats, it might be this fall

Do they have beer? I forget. Persian chicks can be hot as hell though so I'm up for liberating a few of them.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The propaganda and Youtube examples was way better back then

http://horseformer.blogspot.ca/2016/06/i-watch-it-so-you-dont-have-to-victory.html

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Obviously everyone in the Army needs to re-live the joys of trench warfare and creeping artillery barrages.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Arc Light posted:

You could always work 7 days a week until you were stabbed or stoned to death.

You mean I'd be legally obligated to avoid dealing with other people with virtually guaranteed employment until I died on the job while not having to shave and I get to walk around all day hatching my pokemon go eggs? And I get a top hat in which to store food? Where the gently caress do I sign up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

The 36-Hour War link at the end is a pro-click

https://books.google.ca/books?id=6UsEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA27&pg=PA27#v=onepage&q&f=false

• Locked thread