Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this is a league where Trevor Siemian is starting quarterback for the defending Super Bowl champions, the concept of good and bad have lost meaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

R.D. Mangles posted:

tampa is dumb for cutting vitale because he owns a lot

Meh, he did absolutely nothing despite getting plenty of chances. They kept an undrafted kid out of Memphis over him so that should tell you something.

I wish he would have panned out though, he seems cool.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it tells you that the Bucs don't know poo poo about Northwestern Super Backs who are Good. He's been picked up by Buffalo instead of going to Denver to team with Starting Quarterback Trevor Siemian.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Not happy about the Eagles cutting WR Paul Turner. In a time we need WRs who can just catch the football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjIBh1EQtZg

Cut him for some WR that couldn't make Chips' 49ers.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

89 posted:

Not happy about the Eagles cutting WR Paul Turner. In a time we need WRs who can just catch the football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjIBh1EQtZg

Cut him for some WR that couldn't make Chips' 49ers.

Bryce Treggs will be a pleasant surprise for you (they really wanted him on the practice squad). Also, he's one of the only players Chip personally scouted this year, and it's hilarious that the Eagles stole him away.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami claimed Justin Hunter lol

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Bears cutting Gould? Did he fall off that hard? He used to be good as gold.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gould is still good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No reason for a rebuilding team to pay an aging kicker when they could be signing a 30 year old guard with back problems to a large contract

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Bears really do go under the radar as one of the most rudderless teams in the NFL.

Like what the hell have they been trying to do in the last two or three years? Are they rebuilding? Or trying to plug holes and compete? It's impossible to tell.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the Bears seem like a team with no hype or talent, no nameable players outside of Jeffrey and Cutler, but will still somehow go 8-8 or better

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Thank gently caress Andre Williams is finally gone and the Giants will stop inexplicably giving him carries no matter how badly he plays. Good luck with that one, Chargers.

Congratulations Ryan Nassib, you are now the worst draft pick left on the roster :toot:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pron on VHS posted:

the Bears seem like a team with no hype or talent, no nameable players outside of Jeffrey and Cutler, but will still somehow go 8-8 or better

they are very, very good at winning the exact number of games to miss the playoffs and get the worst possible draft positions. over half of the seasons the last decade or so, it's insane

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

they are very, very good at winning the exact number of games to miss the playoffs and get the worst possible draft positions. over half of the seasons the last decade or so, it's insane

john Fox is just good enough that you'll always outperform low expectations, but never fail to reach high ones.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans have brought back Marc Mariani and released WR Tre McBride.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans have brought back Marc Mariani and released WR Tre McBride.

Put in a god drat waiver claim, Niners. Holy poo poo.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

NC-17 posted:

The Bears really do go under the radar as one of the most rudderless teams in the NFL.

Like what the hell have they been trying to do in the last two or three years? Are they rebuilding? Or trying to plug holes and compete? It's impossible to tell.

Did you see the position Trestman and Emery put them in? It takes a while to recover from all the dumb poo poo they did. They've completely redone the front seven over the last two years and it should be a ton better than the last two years.

The timing on the Gould release is the only weird thing about the situation since Gould was tied for the highest cap number of all kickers and he looked really bad over the second half of last year and the preseason this year.

Coldforge posted:

Put in a god drat waiver claim, Niners. Holy poo poo.

Mariani didn't go through waivers, he was released because he's a vested veteran, so anyone could have signed him.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Tavarin posted:

Did you see the position Trestman and Emery put them in? It takes a while to recover from all the dumb poo poo they did. They've completely redone the front seven over the last two years and it should be a ton better than the last two years.

The timing on the Gould release is the only weird thing about the situation since Gould was tied for the highest cap number of all kickers and he looked really bad over the second half of last year and the preseason this year.

Mariani didn't go through waivers, he was released because he's a vested veteran, so anyone could have signed him.

For Tre McBride. Who gives a gently caress about Mariani.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
After the shitshow Titans returners have been since he left, I'm real happy to have Mariani back.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

After the shitshow Titans returners have been since he left, I'm real happy to have Mariani back.

Same

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

midwat posted:

Poor tank tops guy :(

He was signed by the bears.

Rams practice squad

T Isaiah Battle, LB Brandon Chubb, DL Morgan Fox, RB Aaron Green, DB Mike Jordan, RB Terrence Magee, and WR Paul McRoberts.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Rams practice squad

T Isaiah Battle, LB Brandon Chubb, DL Morgan Fox, RB Aaron Green, DB Mike Jordan, RB Terrence Magee, and WR Paul McRoberts.

so you're still doin the rams thing huh

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

v2vian man posted:

so you're still doin the rams thing huh

Addiction is a hell of a thing :(

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Just found out about Sitton. That's.... odd.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

troofs posted:

Thank gently caress Andre Williams is finally gone and the Giants will stop inexplicably giving him carries no matter how badly he plays. Good luck with that one, Chargers.

Meh, third string RB

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mcbride added to the practice squad

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Brian Parker, the TE that the Jets claimed on waivers from the Chiefs, has been cut after failing his physical. He got hurt in camp but the Chiefs claimed it was no big deal, I guess the Jets disagree.

Maybe trying to sneak him on the practice squad? Or maybe the Chiefs doctors suck, I don't know.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Metapod posted:

Mcbride added to the practice squad

God dammit.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Coldforge posted:

God dammit.

He's really not that spectacular

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Metapod posted:

He's really not that spectacular

I think he'll get there. Or at least, he has the potential to.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Brian Parker, the TE that the Jets claimed on waivers from the Chiefs, has been cut after failing his physical. He got hurt in camp but the Chiefs claimed it was no big deal, I guess the Jets disagree.

Maybe trying to sneak him on the practice squad? Or maybe the Chiefs doctors suck, I don't know.

They claimed 2 TEs with the intention of only keeping one. Bowles said it was very unlikely they carry 4 beyond week 1. I'm guessing they just liked the other guy more once they got the, in the building.

Might be a PS candidate but they're currently full.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

May the cold Chicago weather not dissuade him from wearing tanks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Superback Danny Vitale still looking for work. Wonder what's up with his shoulder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Garrett Grayson, 3rd QB for the Saints, was cut. I'm assuming they're trying to get him on the practice squad. If not, we have some serious future QB issues depending on Drew's contract.

• Locked thread