Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
alert: i've obtained doom horn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:toot:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

general arpg thread, feel free to keep posting about TQ here, or there, w/e

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790238

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

shaking my goddamn head you didn't use the actual :gaz:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cool but I thought I typed shoe zone lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
welcome to the shoe zone. [ethereal howl] put your feet inside of the Brannock Device, meat.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Tip: a lot of quest mobs are tethered to their area. Meaning, they will attempt to run back to their spawn. You can exploit this to great success. I know because certain mobs were extremely hard until I tried this with ranged attacks.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazvall posted:

Tip: a lot of quest mobs are tethered to their area. Meaning, they will attempt to run back to their spawn. You can exploit this to great success. I know because certain mobs were extremely hard until I tried this with ranged attacks.

Please game with honor

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, is the Anniversary Edition update good enough to warrant playing through the game again, after a couple of years? Since I put around 50hrs into a playthrough of TQ:IT ages ago and had my fill of the game by the end of it, but this update does make me tempted to re-download it and give it another whirl.
Haven't really heard much about the AE version though, so I'm uncertain as to whether it has ended up being as good as they say.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they fixed a ton of bugs and made some minor rebalances, mainly that every kind of damage scales up with a stat (str for physical, dex for pierce and poison etc.) but its still largely the same game. but hell its free so just try it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Major Isoor posted:

So, is the Anniversary Edition update good enough to warrant playing through the game again, after a couple of years? Since I put around 50hrs into a playthrough of TQ:IT ages ago and had my fill of the game by the end of it, but this update does make me tempted to re-download it and give it another whirl.
Haven't really heard much about the AE version though, so I'm uncertain as to whether it has ended up being as good as they say.

I'd say try it but then just hop on POE instead

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

this. also bbg play with us

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm sort of burnt out on TQ, although i think i got 5 bucks of entertainment out of it. i might try POE.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Been working 60 hour weeks but hopefully I'll have time soon

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

they fixed a ton of bugs and made some minor rebalances, mainly that every kind of damage scales up with a stat (str for physical, dex for pierce and poison etc.) but its still largely the same game. but hell its free so just try it

Black Baby Goku posted:

Hah! Might have to do this. :D I was always meaning to try PoE out, but I was originally waiting for it to come out of early access, then just sort of forgot about it. Same with Grim Dawn, really. (Speaking of which, would you say PoE is better than GD, or not quite? Haven't played either, but I've heard some good things about both. Apologies about the slight derail)
Those changes you mentioned in TQ:AE (in regards to damage scaling with the corresponding stat, that is) sounds quite good, though - I think that was one of my minor annoyances with the base game.

Black Baby Goku posted:

Been working 60 hour weeks but hopefully I'll have time soon

drat that sucks. Hopefully you're getting decent OT money out of it, though. Most I've done in a week (aside from on some rare occasions where things are super busy) is 50hrs, and that's rare enough as-is.

Also, is there a Steam group for IZ, by any chance? I know there's a general SA goons one, as well as a group for each of the 'major' games that goons play on Steam, but do many of you play on Steam much at all and/or have a group?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

grim dawn feels like a more modern titan quest, with good feeling melee and better balance, but it has some major issues. weak mundane skills unless you're a caster, generally low drop rates and very restrictive shops (sound familiar?), extremely boring generic setting and very low enemy variety.

i mean it scratches the diablo itch better than most games out there but POE is just way better all around, and is also free.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a discord channel but that's about it. It's also full of virulent AIDS because Plutonis posts there

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

There's a discord channel but that's about it. It's also full of virulent AIDS because Plutonis posts there

Discord in general is AIDS

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

qnqnx posted:

Discord in general is AIDS

Why do you think that.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

You are just mad because more people bet on him

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parish calling out Plutonis for being AIDS is like when Spock had to fight Kirk to marry the woman on Vulcan.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Larry Parish calling out Plutonis for being AIDS is like when Spock had to fight Kirk to marry the woman on Vulcan.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

lol

• Locked thread