Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The fantastic arpg from 2006 just got an anniversary update. It's 5 dollars for the next week. It's also available on GOG, DRM free, if that's more your thing. Here's some more info from steam:

quote:

About This Game

For its 10 year anniversary, Titan Quest will shine in new splendour. This Anniversary Edition combines both Titan Quest and Titan Quest Immortal Throne in one game, and has been given a massive overhaul for the ultimate ARPG experience.

Restored and improved multiplayer functionality, including new features like a built-in voice chat and NAT resolving for best multiplayer connectivity

Support for more resolutions, larger camera distance and scaleable UI size

Improved performance and general stability

Support for modders through new modding options and a fully integrated Steam Workshop

Complete balance rework with improvements to all Masteries, damage types, unique items and sets

Countless bug fixes and other improvements, including ten years’ worth of community fixes

Increased challenges and rewards for larger parties and on higher difficulty levels

Dozens of new heroes and bosses to encounter

Improved enemy and pet AI

Quality of life features like higher stack limits, quick item pickup, a larger stash and a speed setting

Reduced cheating with curbed exploits, removal of test items and mod comparison in multiplayer

Steam Friend Invites

Steam Achievements

Steam Trading Cards

Lumpy the Cook posted:

OP forgot to mention: anyone who already owns Titan Quest on Steam gets the Anniversary Edition free. I assume it's the same for GOG.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game was a cooler idea than it was a game but this update seems like it may be epic.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm hoping so. Hard to go wrong for 5 bucks. Even just more modern resolutions and enhanced multiplayer.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
OP forgot to mention: anyone who already owns Titan Quest on Steam gets the Anniversary Edition added to their library for free. I assume it's the same for GOG.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It automatically updated it for me on steam it looks like so I'm reinstalling it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well gently caress, that's amazing. I didn't own it on steam. OP updated.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh poo poo this is awesome

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm sitting here in disbelief that it's free to those who owned the original. Simply awesome.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

seems like if you already own tq and the expansion you just get this. i know what im gonna be doing this weekend lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i know what im gonna be doing this weekend lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really love this game btw, it has an awesome campaign that takes you through a lot of cool places and the lootgame is pretty good. cant wait to see how they rebalanced the skills, it'd be cool if the bleed+poison class was actually useful

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna try this game then

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

IZ TQ weekend FTW!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

makes me sad that the other project they took on, grimdawn, feels mostly the same but instead of fighting cool demons from myth and stuff in awesome locales you fight giant spiders and zombies in caves and swamps and it has outrageous skill balance issues that makes TQ look good lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm curious to see the difference between TQ and GD. I haven't played TQ in like 8 years.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kazvall posted:

I'm curious to see the difference between TQ and GD. I haven't played TQ in like 8 years.

it's been in "early access" since like TQ came out if that gives you an idea

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's been in "early access" since like TQ came out if that gives you an idea

Ah, I only became aware of GD about 6 months ago. That's funny. I'm in nightmare on my play through.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just bought this. Never played the original and know nothing about it, so I'm excited.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's play this. I'm installing it tonight! One of my favorite arpgs ever

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Installing right now, too. I'd play a bit tonight, and moreso towards the weekend.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll be installing it later if there's online stuff

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

frank.club posted:

I'll be installing it later if there's online stuff

There is. They revamped online play

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Black Baby Goku posted:

Ownage.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

Cool, I've never played but I love Arpgs

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a great game. One of my favorite arpgs

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got a gift copy if someone is really loving poor.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Titan Quest is awesome.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm not gonna buy this game but it seems cool

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You're welcome to my gift copy.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm pretty happy they updated it because it's very fun multiplayer

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kazvall posted:

You're welcome to my gift copy.

I didn't know that was a thing, I'll take it thank you

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Invitation sent

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I should be home in the next 30 mins or so

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this is really surprising and cool

this kind of extended support for a game that was already old when you bought it off a dead company

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

TQ is one of those games that I played for like 2 hours and really liked but just kinda lost track of it in my huge backlog so I'm glad this reminded me to play it again. I never bought the expansion either so in addition to the brand new stuff I also got the expansion for free which owns so hard.

I didn't realize until this thread that Grim Dawn was made by the same people, I like that one a lot.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I bought the game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wasn't there a mod that ported one of the ultimas into the engine for this?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

wasn't there a mod that ported one of the ultimas into the engine for this?

haha that sounds cool depending on which ultima

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazvall posted:

haha that sounds cool depending on which ultima

ah, sorry, it's a mod for dungeon siege. my mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm still upset that they blundered multiplayer for the Dungeon Siege games on steam.

• Locked thread