Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe
Ha, well, okay then. :-D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

While you're trying to harness old Windows games try running Dementia aka Armed & Delirious. It's a really bizarre adventure game about an old lady going into space in her washing machine because some bunnies stole her cookbook. Your inventory is held in your bra.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

While you're trying to harness old Windows games try running Dementia aka Armed & Delirious. It's a really bizarre adventure game about an old lady going into space in her washing machine because some bunnies stole her cookbook. Your inventory is held in your bra.

I'm going to sue them for making a game out of my life without asking first!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The sound glitches are amazing and I hope they'll keep on channeling hell as intended. :allears:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
I'm starting to really hate Mario and his bullshit. I mean when he's winning it's frustrating and when he's losing he talks to you like you're 5 years old and he's letting you win. That smug rear end in a top hat.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I'm sad the sound archive linked upthread doesn't include that amazing Go Fishy victory song.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Okay, everyone: Part 5, the finale, is up! I actually really enjoyed this one, because it was probably the most interesting game on the disc.

Thanks again to everyone who watched this series, and we really hope you enjoyed it! I'm hoping that I can snag some other weird, rare games like this in the future so we can Let's Play those, too, although I doubt the sound quality of those other games could EVER be up to par with the angelic melodies that Mario's Fundamentals provided.

Also, this is the Mario Yahtzee I was talking about in the video. Not only is it awesome because it's Mario themed, but it also makes a really good display piece!

pedrovay2003 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 25, 2016

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
That victory fanfare is something else.

I'd like to think it played when Charles Martinet got hired to continue doing Mario's voice after just doing it to get a quick buck from this budget title for literal children.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Yahtzee is pretty good, the luck of the dice can still mess you up but a little strategy and probability knowledge goes a long way in making better choices on what's worth holding turn to turn. The regular version also has 35 extra points you can get if you manage to score 63 points in the Aces/Twos/Threes/etc. section which makes it a bit more interesting to choose between taking a 4 of a kind now or getting extra breathing room in case you need to take a zero or otherwise disappointing score later. I've never had the pleasure of invoking the rules around multiple Yahtzees but I have had zero-less games which I won handily thanks to that boost plus everything else.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Holy poo poo that fanfare at the end of the game. Wonderful.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

bbcisdabomb posted:

Holy poo poo that fanfare at the end of the game. Wonderful.

The very last one killed me

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm glad so many people liked the endings in this one. Amy was really happy with the way she timed everything. :-D

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Off-key DOS fanfares make everything at least a little bit funnier.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
That was a truly special little LP, with a great ending. I wonder if Charles Martinet even remembers his recording sessions for this.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
The people at Giant Bomb have sometimes mentioned in their podcasts meeting with Charles Martinet at a video game trade show. From what they've said, in those sorts of promotional events he communicates only with in-character sound bites without any substance, much like those heard in this game. "Oh, happy to meet you! I hope you like-a my game!". Which is really weird but also kinda awesome? It's not like he has to be there, I'm sure the man can name his salary at this point.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

He also does vines and short video sketches of the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Part of me wishes that was the actual music used in A Link To The Past now.

• Locked thread