Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
not all big things

come in little packages

LITTLE JOHN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh

Mariana Horchata posted:

^ there will never be another Sheriff of Nottingham nearly as great as Alan Rickman

:swoon:

Ftfy

The Kingfish

oodalalee

alnilam

Gatekeeper posted:

not all big things

come in little packages

LITTLE JOHN

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Gatekeeper posted:

not all big things

come in little packages

LITTLE JOHN

Mariana Horchata

well agree to disagree i suppose...

certainly not doubting that he was also excellent in a technical sense i just prefer what Nickolas Grace brought to the role vs Alan Rickman. He was just more petty, less extravagant, a more short-worded acid tongue and much more camp and comically evil, oh and also secretly gay for Guy of Gisbourne.

plus what i said about the whole cast being enjoyable for much of the show (vs. kevin costner as robin hood), the pagan overtones, oh and the movie also helped themselves to the idea of a muslim character in the merry men which was from RoS and never part of the canon and this character (Nasir) was like the Boba Fett of the Sherwood Forest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCv3DFoR1RY

^ badass saracen motherfucker right there

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 23, 2016

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i watched that "sherwood forest" series when i was a kid, and pretty much everything else "robin hood" related as a kid. we lived in a forest and swamp area and used to cut down saplings and make greenwood bows which we would use to kill english people. at other times it was russians or viet cong during the mid 80s Vietnam War movie boom and sometimes russians and nazis.

Mariana Horchata

unrelated i was reading about cornish history as well as early english history during the norman conquest earlier in the week and found myself learning that there is a still tree in the real sherwood forest said to be almost 1000 years old and thought by many to be connected to the legend

i think everybody itt can agree that is indeed a most beautiful old tree that surely must have seen some incredible things in its time.

Action Tortoise

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
this should have been the title for the ridley scott robin hood

jBrereton

Mariana Horchata posted:

well agree to disagree i suppose...

certainly not doubting that he was also excellent in a technical sense i just prefer what Nickolas Grace brought to the role vs Alan Rickman. He was just more petty, less extravagant, a more short-worded acid tongue and much more camp and comically evil, oh and also secretly gay for Guy of Gisbourne.

plus what i said about the whole cast being enjoyable for much of the show (vs. kevin costner as robin hood), the pagan overtones, oh and the movie also helped themselves to the idea of a muslim character in the merry men which was from RoS and never part of the canon and this character (Nasir) was like the Boba Fett of the Sherwood Forest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCv3DFoR1RY

^ badass saracen motherfucker right there
Other amazing casting decision: Anthony Valentine as the Baron de Belleme. Such a good villain! And the triple threat of grasping Christianity, evil Satanism, and incredibly ambivalent saxon paganism right in the first major storyline, what a show.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
nothing like your old hood

LOXLEY

starring vin deisel

Gatekeeper

actually unless it was just a gassy fever dream im pretty sure that ones real

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Cinderella: before the shoes

----------------

drilldo squirt

The little mermaid 2 : Land ho, The little mermaid just got real

----------------

drilldo squirt

Aladdin on the mean streets : The prequel, this isn't your momma's Aladdin.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Sword in the stone, extreme.

----------------

Gatekeeper

drilldo squirt posted:

Sword in the stone, extreme.

I wrote the "this aint _______: an xxx parody" guy a letter about an idea I have called Excaliboned that is probably similar to your concept here

Applewhite

by vyelkin
The man who would be king: civil war.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Gatekeeper posted:

I wrote the "this aint _______: an xxx parody" guy a letter about an idea I have called Excaliboned that is probably similar to your concept here

Lmbo.

----------------

The X-man cometh
A man for all seasons: Winter Soldier

Boomzilla

Enemy at the Gates: Winter Soldier

Boomzilla

The Road: Dawn of Just Us

The X-man cometh
Lion in Winter Begins - like the original, but with skateboarding and skydiving.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Point Break: Origins

Flyball

FactsAreUseless posted:

Robin Hood: Origins at Wal-Mart.
Who's in that one?

Manifisto

Primer: the, uh,

ty nesamdoom!

KomodoWagon

by R. Guyovich

Mariana Horchata posted:

unrelated i was reading about cornish history as well as early english history during the norman conquest earlier in the week and found myself learning that there is a still tree in the real sherwood forest said to be almost 1000 years old and thought by many to be connected to the legend

i think everybody itt can agree that is indeed a most beautiful old tree that surely must have seen some incredible things in its time.

Trees can't see cus they don't have EYES you DUMBO

10/10 tree though, would climb

----------------

FactsAreUseless

skander posted:

Who's in that one?
Wal-Matt Damon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif

THE TREES HAVE EYES?

• Locked thread