Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Normally films gently caress it up when they try and expand on the lore to such a crazy extent, but in Hellraiser 2 it works out great.

Then 3 turns Pinhead into a mad slasher who just makes weird "ironic" monsters. gently caress that film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SecureUmbra
Apr 6, 2016

Trast posted:

Dredd with Karl Urban is much cooler a movie than you'd think it would be. Lena Hedley plays a great villain too.

I grew up reading 2000AD and I thought this movie was freakin awesome. Urban killed as Dredd. I wish they'd make another.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
LOL if you don't have both of the character-defining speeches from Dredd memorized. Come to think of it I want to hear Stallone do the "meat grinder" speech in his Stallone voice. The crooked Judge who gives the meat grinder speech already has a kind of Stallone voice going there.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dredd was a good flick. I want to see more of the city but it makes sense that they contained things to the one building since exploring the setting of the city at large would probably cost a million jillion dollars to do in a good movie

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igDQns34c3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I have the 1995 Power Rangers movie on home video. There was a lot of purple goop in it

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The Dark Tower trailer was leaked and it looks poo poo. Also it uses a sad piano cover song like every other trailer when they try and twist your emotions.

New Dark Tower film takes place mostly in New York where Randall Flagg's monsters are invading. lol

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's not really fair to judge a movie based on an unfinished work in progress trailer.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I rewatched Dredd and its great.

Seriously just watch Dredd if you haven't already.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

proof of concept posted:

dredd was a good flick. I want to see more of the city but it makes sense that they contained things to the one building since exploring the setting of the city at large would probably cost a million jillion dollars to do in a good movie
didn't the first judge dredd film cost a shitload of money and made hardly any of it back? that would also explain things

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Gridlocked posted:

Seriously just watch Dredd if you haven't already.

I will be doing this in about 15 minutes, plus drinking several beers (National Bohemian).

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
So far enjoying the poo poo out of Dredd. Reminds me a lot of The Raid: Redemption, which is a good thing.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I never saw dredd in theaters because the trailers looked bad and they were really pushing the 3d gimmick, I regret that so much.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

FedEx Mercury posted:

It's not really fair to judge a movie based on an unfinished work in progress trailer.

It looks like The Avengers but with a cowboy fighting monster men instead of Thor fighting aliens.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Wanna hear something that really sucks? You guys know that chick, at Dairy Queen? (The fat one?) Yeah. She was coming over tonight, I woulda tapped that poo poo for sure.

Bart, dude, everybody's dead, okay? Your mom's dead, your brother's dead, that fat chick at Dairy Queen? Dead.

Yeah. That sucks too.

HELL IS OVERFLOWING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Drunken Baker posted:

It looks like The Avengers but with a cowboy fighting monster men instead of Thor fighting aliens.

That sounds bad but let's wait for the real trailer.

• Locked thread