Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kit Walker posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

Very Oglaf'esque panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kit Walker posted:

A good excuse to catch this thread up as any!

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: i just love this sound effect ok

Alt: i was going to put more susumu hirasawa music here but i thought maybe the bit is played out anyway go watch Paranoia Agent

So who is the newcomer? Reading to the end, I still don't understand.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It's Cio.

Bro Dad posted:

now this is some beautiful artwork

It's true.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Oh right, seen before here https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wheel-smashing-lord-2-37-to-2-38/

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Back at the end of Jadis's arc, Allison realized she still had a shard of Cio's mask embedded in her arm. It's part of what led her to snap out of her funk and what she used to tear apart her replacement limbs. Later, after reuniting with White Chain and going partying, she woke up to find this white devil thing at her house, whereupon it drew the shard to its own face to fill in a gap. It's implied that the white devil is Cio in a new body in some capacity, since devils don't really die they just return to the Void or the Hot Black Flame or whatever and can potentially reconstitute themselves. Allison recognizes the white devil as Cio, or something approximating Cio, but she tries to spook her off, presumably because she knows she's about to fight (a) god and would rather have her alienated and safe than close by and in danger

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Dolmistaska

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

huhh

I dont remember much about PM's gender, was it particularly confirmed? I kinda thought they were a dude but they got a crop top on, a binder?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I think they're transfemme nonbinary but I might be assuming the transfemme part (they're def nonbinary) from the artist behind the comic being transfemme nonbinary

edit: fwiw PM apparently started out as the artist's fursona before eventually developing into their own character with the comic

Digamma-F-Wau has a new favorite as of 00:55 on Apr 27, 2024

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kit Walker posted:

Back at the end of Jadis's arc, Allison realized she still had a shard of Cio's mask embedded in her arm. It's part of what led her to snap out of her funk and what she used to tear apart her replacement limbs. Later, after reuniting with White Chain and going partying, she woke up to find this white devil thing at her house, whereupon it drew the shard to its own face to fill in a gap. It's implied that the white devil is Cio in a new body in some capacity, since devils don't really die they just return to the Void or the Hot Black Flame or whatever and can potentially reconstitute themselves. Allison recognizes the white devil as Cio, or something approximating Cio, but she tries to spook her off, presumably because she knows she's about to fight (a) god and would rather have her alienated and safe than close by and in danger

Whoa! Thanks for the explanation

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Synthbuttrange posted:

huhh

I dont remember much about PM's gender, was it particularly confirmed? I kinda thought they were a dude but they got a crop top on, a binder?

Be gay, do crimes Be a non-binary catperson, tear down the new world order.
NO RULES

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 47: Packed

Smoko.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

and now lunchtime

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
Can I just say how much I'm enjoying Different Country Diary? It's really well written and drawn and the translation is excellent.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
no. you may not

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You are not allowed to enjoy manga on my beloved thread.

that is all.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I've been reading Indifferent Country Diary. I don''t have any strong feelings about it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tree Bucket posted:

I've been reading Indifferent Country Diary. I don''t have any strong feelings about it

:mods:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

SDOM here, what seems to be the prob- oh wait never mind i was reading the post in a mirror

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Possibly fun fact: the city referred to as Sodom in English is pronounced S'dom in Hebrew, so someone can absolutely take the username "The MODS from S'DOM"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I've been reading Different Country Dairy. It's kinda cheesy

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i've been reading askldhf;ah xmcnvxn. it doesn't make any sense

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I've been reading Different Contra Diary. Reagan has a lot to answer for.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Farg posted:

no. you may not

been saying this

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Tree Bucket posted:

The HECK does that mean?

FINE, I guess I'll do it MYSELF.

Anyway here’s Nick & Lever

Episode 70: Overseas trip

Epsiode 71: Outer space trip

Episode 71.5: Fever

(If the pot wasn't in the way this would be another great crop.)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

CheeseThief posted:

FINE, I guess I'll do it MYSELF.

Excellent, everything's so clear now

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Loving the Souboutei stuff
Loving the Nick and Lever stuff
Loving the Hyuge Mono stuff
I really need to catch up on K6BD
I should read Dolmistaska from the beginning, I kinda vaguely followed before but not closely enough and the style is neat
Lots of good stuff here!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol at the thermometer

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

yaffle posted:

Can I just say how much I'm enjoying Different Country Diary? It's really well written and drawn and the translation is excellent.
Hell yeah it is. I first started reading it because a bunch of people online were raving about how good it is. The subject matter isn't really something that usually interests me but I gave it a shot anyway and it won me over pretty loving fast

Different Country Diary

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Girlsz 'N' Games!

Snackmar has a new favorite as of 16:15 on Apr 27, 2024

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Oh my god lmaoooooo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

28TH CENTURY SUPERFAN

:flame:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They did the right thing

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Mozzies D:<

Volume 8!

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 76: Smells Like Child Spirit

Ah, symbolism.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 38: The Knight, the Squire and the Job Offers

Sigurd's still living the basement, I see.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Cricket Magazine, January 1974

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 38: The Knight, the Squire and the Job Offers

I forgot, it's a new volume in this as well, here's the cover: