Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
A Heartbreaking Disappointment of Mediocre Effort

Using an unorthodox second-person writing style, this tale follows a lackluster protagonist through a pulse-pounding series of exercises in settling. Surround by a lovable cast including a mother who always knew you could do better, a partner who gave up on hoping you would ever return to the passions that once attracted them to you, and a boss who fears you could replace them if you ever bothered to make an effort at work, A Heartbreaking Disappointment of Mediocre Effort speaks to the reader in a brutally honest way that can only be challenged by the author's previous work, You Make Me So Sad, Son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg

Generic revisiting of a historically significant event but with mummies added in

I feel like mummies will be in next year

LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

1500quidporsche posted:

Generic revisiting of a historically significant event but with mummies added in

I feel like mummies will be in next year

Mummy Dearest
Mummymorphosis
My Side of the Mummy
The Island of Dr. Mummy
Dr. Frankenstein's Mummy

e: Whoops, I misread your title, but I agree that mummies are gonna be HUGE

LawfulWaffle

NOSFAR2

A supernatural killer is stymied by the laughter of school children when his custom license plates are read as "Nose Fartu."

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Where The Red Fern Grows, but the kid is a mummy, and the dogs are also mummies.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Interview with the Mummy

A journalist accompanies Howard Carter on his excavation of Tut's tomb and is astounded to find the Mummy inside speaks and is interested in a job with his newspaper. Through numerous chapters the protagonist carries on an epic job interview with the Mummy only to find at the end that he is illiterate and unable to compete in the cut throat world of Journalism. Angered at not getting the job the Mummy chooses to curse Howard Carter and everyone associated with him.

Historical Wizards

A piece of historical fiction based on the journals and letters of Entente soldiers during the battle of the Somme, masterfully crafted to give a chilling narrative of how little value soldier's lives had in the eyes of Entente commanders.
It is heralded as one of the most imaginative works of fiction in decades, because none of the critics remember what WWI is.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

F1DriverQuidenBerg

Mr Gorbachev tell your KGB mummy army to tear down this wall!

Historical Wizards

Luvcow posted:

Interview with the Mummy

A journalist accompanies Howard Carter on his excavation of Tut's tomb and is astounded to find the Mummy inside speaks and is interested in a job with his newspaper. Through numerous chapters the protagonist carries on an epic job interview with the Mummy only to find at the end that he is illiterate and unable to compete in the cut throat world of Journalism. Angered at not getting the job the Mummy chooses to curse Howard Carter and everyone associated with him.

Should have used Rosetta Stone

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Things Fall Apart-er

Okonkwo's back...and this time, he's angry.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

the power breaker - chronicling the rise and fall of an initially idealistic but later megalomaniacal urban planner and his lifelong struggle to change a fuse in his basement

F1DriverQuidenBerg

Gregory Houston

Biography about a man named Gregory Houston, he works in publishing.

vanisher

General at Arms

This true to life story follows a disabled man with no arms who has a vision of holding the highest rank in the army, the four star general chief of staff. This tale, told across four encompassing novels detail out his struggles as friends become enemies, enemies become friends, and he becomes the owner and founder of The General Insurance Company ltd.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg

The mystery of the spice

One day a middle aged man smells the same spice his mother once used to cook up some left over ground pork as a child. Trying to find out what this spice is he is driven mad and goes on a killing spree, can the police catch him?

• Locked thread