Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg

The field for this prestigious award has been weak lately (I heard a guy who didn't even write a book won this year) so I've racked my brain and came up with three ideas that I think could propel me into the literary limelight. Feedback appreciated tia

The Shrew Remains Untamed
A play director is forced to cast an actual shrew in his production of The Taming of the Shrew

The Milkman's Burden
The main character writes a novel called "The Milkman's Burden" as a tribute to his deceased wife, the twist is she's alive and has eloped with a milkman.

Pablo's Butler
About a guy who is a Butler for a guy named Pablo, they live in an apartment in Minneapolis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan

Stanky Doody, drop the Attitudey

the life and times of a man named Stanky Doody and his struggle living and being named Stanky Doody set in world war 2

Manifisto

Phinnegans Wayke - the plot doesn't even matter, it's about an Irishman or something, the point is it's 50 pages long and written in Basic English. it exists entirely so that pretentious people can, when asked whether they've read Finnegan's Wake, answer in the affirmative while clinging to the faintest shred of truthfulness.

ty nesamdoom!

F1DriverQuidenBerg

Whistles for the Whistlemaker
A coming of age story about a young woman who enters the high stakes, fast paced world of competitive whistling and finds herself in over her head.

vanisher

The wRapper

A boy discarded by society and his family is forced to work at an Amazon.com shipping center in the holiday gift wrapping department. Little did he know here he would meet his destiny as he accidentally opens a radioactive boombox that gives him super rapping powers. Along with his side kick diVerse, wRapper fights to protect Amazon.com customers from identity thieves.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

a fragile ego

The Biscuit Man

An unfortunate, (American) biscuit-shaped man lives a sad life of ostracism, but finds his way when he learns that the UK doesn't have biscuits yet, and runs a campaign for the biscuit race to receive recognition in the UK

Manifisto

Father posted:

The Biscuit Man

An unfortunate, (American) biscuit-shaped man lives a sad life of ostracism, but finds his way when he learns that the UK doesn't have biscuits yet, and runs a campaign for the biscuit race to receive recognition in the UK

Manifisto

As Gregor Samsa Jr. awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic Objectivist.

MrWillsauce

write it in french or something

Piso Mojado

A book of just my posts

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Song of the Sea

A man who lives on the coast sings each night to the ocean in memory of his deceased love. The neighbors get sick of this and call the police, who say that there's nothing they can do because it's before 10PM and local ordinances say it's not illegal until after that time.

High on the hog, 90's style.

wigglin

The Good Judge

A judge of the prestigious Virtuous Foundation fights to give equal representation to a fifth grader's really good book.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Piso Mojado posted:

A book of just my posts

Hey, it worked for Bob Dylan.

FactsAreUseless

Are You There, Judy Blume? It's Me, Brittany Minge, With More Extremely Specific Questions About My Growing Body That I Keep Mailing To You, Part 4: The Clitoris, Huh? What's Even Up With That, Right Judy?

F1DriverQuidenBerg

The Dogs along the Border
Takes place in Iceland and is actually about prairie dogs who must find their way home

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
The Sellout

A mediocre black author writes a lame satire of American race relations 40 years after it would have been relevant, white people say it's funny to show how woke they are. Author wins Man Booker prize and gets a show on Adult Swim, probably. At night he gets visited by the ghosts of Ralph Ellison, Richard Pryor and Dave Chapelle.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
The 17 Funniest International Conflicts Caused by Autocorrect FAILS! You Won't Believe Number 7

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

misty mountaintop posted:

Hey, it worked for Bob Dylan.

byob dylan

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
write a book about how good Sweden is and have several chapters be about how great the nobel prize committee is

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Ahundredbux posted:

write a book about how good Sweden is and have several chapters be about how great the nobel prize committee is

The Nobel Prize Committee is Sexy by misty mountaintop

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

F1DriverQuidenBerg

Gone with the Igloo

Gone with the Wind adapted for the Canadian market.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
The Horse Whisperer
A rancher who is down on his luck discovers his horse can talk, but only in a very quiet, almost inaudible whisper. The two become best of friends but a feud with a wealthy neighbor results in the rancher going deaf. The latter half of the book follows the trials and tribulations of the horse as he teaches himself sign language, finally able to communicate with his dear friend only days before the rancher goes blind.

Senior Management

The Man in the Maps

A story of the illusive man who appears in the google maps doing weed in front of his house and how you sought out his weed based guidance.

:jerry:

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
sequel to byobrabian tales

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

1500quidporsche posted:

The field for this prestigious award has been weak lately (I heard a guy who didn't even write a book won this year) so I've racked my brain and came up with three ideas that I think could propel me into the literary limelight. Feedback appreciated tia

The Shrew Remains Untamed
A play director is forced to cast an actual shrew in his production of The Taming of the Shrew

The Milkman's Burden
The main character writes a novel called "The Milkman's Burden" as a tribute to his deceased wife, the twist is she's alive and has eloped with a milkman.

Pablo's Butler
About a guy who is a Butler for a guy named Pablo, they live in an apartment in Minneapolis

I would read the hell out of each and every one of these.

Pearls Before Swine
The journal of a bearded hipster and doctoral student in literature at a prestigious university, who is stuck eternally being a TA for English 101 and its boorish young students until his mentor finally approves his thesis about gender fluidity in 1400s-era Slavic novels. Includes margin notes about which freshman girls have the best boobs.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
A Sopaipilla in the Sun
A culinary tour of America's marginalized communities and their junk foods.

LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
House of Trees

A chilling story within a story within a story, centralized around the narrative of a young film maker who moves into a new home with his family. They are shocked to find a hidden marijuana grow operation under the house, but the lines between reality and the unknown are blurred when attempts to map the corridors of pot plants uncover the non-Euclidean geometry encasing the dank nuggs.

F1DriverQuidenBerg

The thirsty man knocks twice

The story of a young man's quest to replace all his glassware with old pasta sauce mason jars, but when the grocery store discontinues the pasta sauce he must go to extraordinary lengths to get the last mason jar he needs.

Manifisto

LawfulWaffle posted:

House of Trees

A chilling story within a story within a story, centralized around the narrative of a young film maker who moves into a new home with his family. They are shocked to find a hidden marijuana grow operation under the house, but the lines between reality and the unknown are blurred when attempts to map the corridors of pot plants uncover the non-Euclidean geometry encasing the dank nuggs.

Haze (purple), 4, 110-111, 313, 335-338, 540
Haze (black) . . . DNE

Vitamin Me

I, Goon

A refreshing take on the classic 'I, Claudius', in which a poster pretends to be dumb to escape the attention and power struggles in a treacherous forum.

social vegan

The 17 Funniest International Conflicts Caused by Autocorrect FAILS! You Won't Believe Number 7

lol also what's number 7 please tell me thanks please

social vegan

Blindness 2: Stuck in a Blind

the year is 2017, the power grid goes out but everyone thinks there's just something wrong with their oculus rift, some say their bodies still hammered the power button on and off after death. the few who realize the truth are afraid to take off their headsets to find out what's out there

social vegan

Oh Say I Must Pee

Hunky Don is the president of the United States of America. But how can he love his country when he can't love himself. Follow Hunky Don on his day-to-day struggles making decisions impacting a nation and a world at large juxtaposed with deep-seated insecurities and a leaky wiener.

F1DriverQuidenBerg

social vegan posted:

the year is 2017, the power grid goes out but everyone thinks there's just something wrong with their oculus rift, some say their bodies still hammered the power button on and off after death. the few who realize the truth are afraid to take off their headsets to find out what's out there

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

social vegan posted:

Hah I was trying to think of a way to do a sequel to Blindness.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

social vegan

Hah I was trying to think of a way to do a sequel to Blindness.

Blindness 3: The Blindness was inside us all along

One autumn day, everyone wakes up to find that people have become blue and smaller and they wear white hats and pants and people have become the smurfs the smurfs are real on earth on real earth not smurf earth where was i going with this

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Westwrold

Using cowboys found encased in amber and splicing their DNA with that of common frogs, scientists create an amusement park full of authentic cowboys on a tropical island paradise. Visitors ride in automated wagons through different jungle zones hoping to catch a glimpse of the cowboys grazing, mating and ripping apart their prey in authentic cowboy ways. Things go terribly wrong though and our protagonists must fight to escape the island before they are savagely hunted and eaten by cowboys.

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
"Homeward Bound 3: Sassy's Inferno - A Novelization of the Feature Film"

Those lovably goofy pets are at it again! This time they must traverse the seven layers of Hell to reach their family in time for Thanksgiving.

F1DriverQuidenBerg

The Walking Man

In a dystopia future all films based on Stephen King's books are direct adaptations and people go insane from the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The Life of Pie

A young man is forced through a harrowing coming of age story when his father, a professional competitive eater, brings him along on a cruise ship trip into international waters for an illegal eating tournament. Disaster strikes and the boy must become a man while fighting to survive in a lifeboat adrift in the Pacific and laden with pastries... but without a single drop of milk.

• Locked thread