Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah but in the comics he's an angry yelling robot man who has clear plans and goals and is constantly screaming about how awesome robots are and how lovely humans are. In the movie he was just Quipman #29. I mean Spader's a good performer but that script had nothing for him to work with, and he wasn't really appropriate for the role anyway.
I thought Spader was great, actually. He managed to make every single syllable just drip with contempt, it was a joy every time Ultron opened his mouth. And of course movie Ultron was quippier than comics Ultron, he's based off of Tony Stark instead of Hank Pym. That's a big difference.

And come on, this owns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6sa2CaT46M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I enjoyed Spader Ultron a lot but reading the comics I always imagined him sounding like either Cobra Commander or some kind of robot version of Clancy Brown.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Age of Ultron was poo poo and Ultron himself was the sixth shittest thing about it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ghostlight posted:

Age of Ultron was poo poo and Ultron himself was the sixth shittest thing about it.

I'd agree with this.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
I hope they put daredevil in mvc4 but they give him the phoenix wright gimmick from mvc3.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Ghostlight posted:

I don't know I could make a list right now but I feel I can support this 100%, I didn't see another comic film after Ultron until Strange it was so bad.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

END ME SCOOB posted:

I don't know I could make a list right now but I feel I can support this 100%, I didn't see another comic film after Ultron until Strange it was so bad.
Ant-Man was fun but inessential, but god drat are you depriving yourself if you haven't seen Civil War.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I liked Ant-Man more than CW.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I haven't seen Ant-Man but The Incredible Spider-Man featuring Captain America and Tony Stark was a mediocre film at best but still head-and-shoulders above Age of Ultron in terms of knowing when to dial back all the extra team poo poo and paprikash packed into it, as well as knowing how to use robot Carlton.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Age of Ultron didn't have "Ultron, we would have words with thee" so it sucked.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
It's December out on the east coast so new thread is up here.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I thought James Spader was easily the best part of Age of Ultron

I do like that general opinion is slowly turning against the Avengers movies, since they are complete dogshit. Without having seen any of it yet I bet the giant CW crossover is a better super hero team-up movie than either of those.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

I do like that general opinion is slowly turning against the Avengers movies

What world do you live in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think the general opinion is that the Avengers movies are "so epic". :v:

• Locked thread