Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

EDIT: Puyo is great.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Playing Tetris: The Grand Master on a board-swapped Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition, with the straight-row buttons, is an exercise in hand cramps and pain. Who thought that button layout was good?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'm curious about Magical Drop. I see Magical Drop V is on Steam (and cheap!). I recall some comments here about it being bad though. Are the game's faults expert-level nit picky stuff, or like, very basic failings that no one should subject themselves to?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I haven't played it in a while but it was a buggy unfinished piece of poo poo when it launched and I don't think they ever truly fixed it.

Magical Drop 3 is the one people play; Hamster will eventually release it on Arcade Archives for consoles, or you can play it in Fightcade right now.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
magdrop a piece of poo poo game where you get rsi and carpal tunnel so that you can clear a board and end a round in the first 10 seconds

money exchanger is a cooler game where I can't go fast enough to hurt my hands

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I can't break the 1:15 barrier in PPT Sprint please help

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Hey, if you're a fan of mediocre, twitch-heavy strategy-light puzzle games, you're in for a treat:

Magical Drop II is out on the Switch and PS4.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Tempura Wizard posted:

Hey, if you're a fan of mediocre, twitch-heavy strategy-light puzzle games, you're in for a treat:

Magical Drop II is out on the Switch and PS4.

why 2? isn't 3 the definitive version of that era ?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Zand posted:

why 2? isn't 3 the definitive version of that era ?

It is, but it seems like Hamster has been (mostly) releasing items from their Arcade Classics series in sequential order, as far as series are concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if III drops further into the year.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

does this mean a release for money exchanger in the future?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Zand posted:

does this mean a release for money exchanger in the future?

:pray:

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Friendly reminder that the Tetris: The Grand Master block is coming up on Summer Games Done Quick in a little less than an hour, if you're so inclined.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i thought they were gonna stop doing them for TGM?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Hopefully they will after setup this year, jeeze. do something with a sensible home release, like Puyo, or Puzzle League, or Puzzle Fighter, or even guideline Tetris (... on PPT, most likely)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Everyone seems to go nuts for tgm, but how many times can you watch someone just play the game as it is meant to be played? It took like 40 minutes to set it up this year.

• Locked thread