Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Movies only!

Fist of the North Star (English Dub)
Akira (Original English Dub)
Ninja Scroll

Those are about the only ones I keep going back to. Others are ok, like the Miyazaki flicks, or Ghost in the Shell, but thems my faves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Paprika

Bakemono no Ko

Summer Wars

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

anything by satoshi kon

the girl who leapt through time

jin roh

the gits movies are good other than 2 which sucks

the persona 3 movies have been okay so far

I recall liking the haruhi movie that's like three hours long but that was years ago

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

kon the movie

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence is a much more interesting movie than the first one but they're both excellent films

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you are umasou, chie the brat, giovanni's island, metropolis, mind game, and lupin the IIIrd: daisuke jigen's gravestone are all great
windaria, ai city, and psychic school wars for entertainingly bad stuff

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Parallax posted:

kon the movie

I haven't seen much Satoshi Kon but what I have seen, Tokyo Godfathers and Perfect Blue, were a lot of fun and compelling respectively.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:supaburn:HERE IS WHERE I BRING UP THE BROLY MOVIE:supaburn:

But for real, I enjoyed the Macross Frontier movies for being more than just a recap and actually doing things differently. Haruhi movie was solid. Sword of the Stranger was good, good fun. Cowboy Bebop's movie looked and sounded amazing. End of Evangelion will always retain a warm place in my heart for being such a crazy rear end ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Aura: Koga Maryuin's Last War is a silly, but fun movie with a moving climax.

It's also a better Chunibyo Anime than the Chunibyo TV series.

• Locked thread