Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Dumbland is the best thing ever made by a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I made David Lynch's quinoa recipe (except for substituting liquid aminos for low sodium soy sauce since I can't find it where I live).

It's good.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I don't like Louis CK, but Lynch playing Jack Dahl in his show was funny as hell.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zogo posted:

Some don't like the Rammstein/Trent Reznor score.

e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fipUzbrpGc

Some people are loving idiots.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Dune ultimately ends up in the box I put Conan the Barbarian and Swamp Thing in: movies that aren't great but make okay Saturday afternoon watching. I give it major credit for being extremely faithful to the book, though. There are deletions and a couple of minor additions but basically the plot of the book and 95% of the important characters are there on screen.

The Straight Story feels more like Lynch, though.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lynch has a great talent of poignantly portraying bad dream logic.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Theres no way he doesn't keep a dream journal and i hope he publishes it one day.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Laura Palmer's dream sequence from Fire Walk With Me where she walks into the picture of her own bedroom and wakes up next to a corpse hosed me up.

It would be a fun idea to rank Lynch's dream sequences instead of his movies imo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This is my favorite scene of this movie, because it's a perfect description of a sleep paralysis episode, and then the scene itself becomes one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Straight Story was funny because it felt like something hosed up was around the corner the whole time but it never came. It felt like a companion movie to Blue Velvet.

Twin Peaks is the best thing he made though. It just has very strong characters which some of his other works lack. It has a lot more comedy than something like Mulholland Drive which is just a bit too dark to be pleasant viewing.

• Locked thread