Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I used to love Monster Squad. I mean, Dracula blows up a treehouse with TNT! How cool is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I remember watching Batman and Robin a lot when I was old enough to know I liked Batman but too young to be able to critically evaluate cinema. It might be my most-watched superhero movie TBH.

Also Dunston Checks In, which I might actually still enjoy but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a bone to pick posted:

Oh god, I tried watching this recently because I had really fond memories of it, especially the monkey mural, its unwatchable.

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt still makes me laugh like a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I used to love Monster Squad. I mean, Dracula blows up a treehouse with TNT! How cool is that?

Wolfman's got nards

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Beverly Hills Ninja is a very bad movie but I saw it as a child and liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8klYPnHhCU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Bionicle Trilogy, on DVD.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

net cafe scandal posted:

The Bionicle Trilogy, on DVD.

They made more than one of those?
:captainpop:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

Beverly Hills Ninja is a very bad movie but I saw it as a child and liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8klYPnHhCU

Ahh this is one of the movies that inspired me to make this thread, so unbelievably bad but the perfect mixture of everything a kid loves.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

They made more than one of those?
:captainpop:

They made a fourth, but I had less interest in the Bionicle mythos at that point.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Mods name change to the bionicle mythos por favor thanks in advance

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ghostbusters II, Johnny Tsunami and a whole poo poo ton of those Disney Channel Original Movies, Twister, Dante's Peak

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the second Austin Powers
Big Daddy

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

UltraViolet. I thought it was the best action movie ever made. Sure. The CGI was a little bad. But it's still great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfP0GmJ1EoA

:chloe:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Monster Squad is a good movie! Why did you have to die Frankenstein!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CelticPredator posted:

UltraViolet. I thought it was the best action movie ever made. Sure. The CGI was a little bad. But it's still great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfP0GmJ1EoA

:chloe:

Saw this in theatre. To this day it's still one of the biggest disappointments I've ever sat through. I rewatched it later on just to make sure I didn't imagine just how bad this movie was. (I didn't)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I took my friends to go see it. I couldn't stop talking about it.

Later in life it was revealed that they all thought I was dumb as gently caress for liking it, and tbh I ain't even mad about that. I was just really into Equilibrium. Which I think does hold up, but it's not the masterpiece my 14 year old self thought.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
We had illegal HBO as a child, I've seen so many lovely movies that I have seen time and time again and I must have loved them because I watched them. Some that I remember include Teen Witch, Mannequin 2, Weekend at Bernie's 2, Date with an Angel, High Spirits,

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Blind Sally posted:

Saw this in theatre. To this day it's still one of the biggest disappointments I've ever sat through. I rewatched it later on just to make sure I didn't imagine just how bad this movie was. (I didn't)

My grandpa loving loved ultraviolet. I guess he just wasn't used to seeing movies like that, so he got a huge kick out of it.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I loved the Phantom Menace when it came out, possibly because I was seven years old at the time. We saw it in the theater. My dad, who saw the original movies release in theaters when he was in twenties, looked like he had just watched someone drown a baby in a bathtub.

I rewatched it a few years ago (because the girl I was seeing at the time was into nerd poo poo like me) and it was awful. There is almost nothing redeeming about that film. Even the lightsaber duel ends up being dull as poo poo because it goes on for like twenty minutes.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

We had illegal HBO as a child, I've seen so many lovely movies that I have seen time and time again and I must have loved them because I watched them. Some that I remember include Teen Witch, Mannequin 2, Weekend at Bernie's 2, Date with an Angel, High Spirits,

We had legal HBO as a child and we had so many goddamn taped movies. The theme song and that floating logo are burned into my memory for good.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1NKoMNy5bY

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I saw Cutthroat Island in theaters ( budget: 98 million, box office: 10 million :haw: )

Even though it killed Orion, I thought it was alright at the time.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

achillesforever6 posted:

Ghostbusters II, Johnny Tsunami and a whole poo poo ton of those Disney Channel Original Movies, Twister, Dante's Peak

There could be a whole thread about those Disney channel original movies, one that I used to watch a lot was:

Also, how dare you talk poo poo about Ghostbusters 2

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
My sister and I watched Babes in Toyland and awful lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The Goonies, OP.

• Locked thread