Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if the really crazy old people we notice are just the ones who were really goony when they were younger. It isn't like "The Greatest Generation" were exempt from having their anti-social sadbrains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

I have less than 4 yrs till retirement.

1. Im one of the few old dudes lifting 90pd+ dumbells among all the young lions. Getting asked to spot them makes my day.

2. Whenever I get the chance to play an instrument in a public space it's always a young person that inevitably says they wish they could play a guitar, piano blah blah blah. Still draws women to me like flies on honey & I still suck as much as I did 20+ years ago.

3. Switched from cigars to mostly pipes. Smoke mostly aromatics when not alone & have never had any SJW pontificate to me about the "dangers" of 2nd hand smoke. They love my vanilla/highland whiskey cavendish blends.

4. Switched from beer to scotch or rums. Can't drink like I'm still in college anymore. I haven't had a beer since the summer.

5. I dress a lot better now. More sport jackets/ brogues & less hoodies/nikes now. I now know how to tie a Eldridge or Trinity knot and look for award to black tie events.

Are you concerned that the Alzheimers may force you into early retirement?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Soup du Journey posted:

i'll add to that by saying that you should keep your rear end busy as a senior. if your line of work allows it (and if you dont hate what you do), don't just quit but part time it. im only 12 y/o, but after i "retire" i figure ill still put in a day or two a week until im dead and gay in the ground.

did aatrek know you were 2 when you joined the forums

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I'm about to hit a point where I can no longer pretend I'm not middle aged. The best part that I've found about getting older is the way the aging process just molds you into a being that doesn't give a gently caress. You may be viewed as a jackass by the young people whose opinions matter more than yours, but you just don't give a gently caress about that either. It's great. It's incredibly liberating. Look, you see those elderly guys at the beach who are wearing sock garters and shorts? Laugh if you will, but make no mistake - those guys aren't oblivious. They know. I mean, if you point it out to them, if you ask them, sure they realize that they look absurd. They don't care. You know why? Because sagging socks are uncomfortable and annoying. And also, gently caress you. Who cares? They stopped giving a gently caress about wearing cool clothes or keeping up with trends decades ago. They stopped caring if some fourteen year old kid snickers at them. They stopped trying to be physically attractive to potential sexual partners. Oh, to be sure, they can still be sexually active, but the people who'll gently caress them also stopped caring about sock garters years ago. They just want to catch some rays, maybe float in the ocean a bit, and get drunk tonight. Reached 60 or 70 and you're not dead or bed ridden? Super. Being cool, hip, or responsible is for suckers. And you shins and ankles feel snug and secure. You ever wish you could be one of those cool as hell people who gave no fucks? Age.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

spank my snatch posted:

cool as hell people who gave no fucks

:stat::respek::wal:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

spank my snatch posted:

I'm about to hit a point where I can no longer pretend I'm not middle aged. The best part that I've found about getting older is the way the aging process just .

My favorite part about aging is old man strength. I work out less than fifteen years ago but, because of having to chase my kids around and be the person in the family who has to lift anything heavy, I'm lifting about twice as much weight at 38 than I was at 23. I moved last week, and there was a lot of heavy lifting with me and my 20-something strongest friends, and I could hoist up with one arm more than any of them could with two just thanks to experience and core strength

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
old people definitely learn to pat themselves on the back for some strange poo poo.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
A lot of the elderly regress into children and their filter disappears. I went to a senior center once and they actively wished death on other seniors, saying stuff like "wish that old bitch would just die."

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mameluke posted:

did aatrek know you were 2 when you joined the forums

im a cat irl so 12 is actually SUPER old

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Like a "I purr and eat catfood, piss off im asleep 18 hours a day" cat or a "My names Dave I like to poo poo myself, also im really a cat puuuurrrr" cat?

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Hardawn posted:

old people definitely learn to pat themselves on the back for some strange poo poo.

don't care

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

504 posted:

Like a "I purr and eat catfood, piss off im asleep 18 hours a day" cat or a "My names Dave I like to poo poo myself, also im really a cat puuuurrrr" cat?

so a slave name is the only difference?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Kuato posted:

A lot of the elderly regress into children and their filter disappears. I went to a senior center once and they actively wished death on other seniors, saying stuff like "wish that old bitch would just die."

https://youtu.be/3PbdyJ_ybSI

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
nah im the real deal i got 4 legs no hands and fur all over. its pretty great my old man makes me fresh food and i eat it all up with my sister! :cabot:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

yeah but check out this evolution

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
dumb guy with a pile of random tools that cant understand why a toilet not connected to anything isn't working

to

Senile old git pulling a toilet apart by hand?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

almost missed this, lol very lol

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

504 posted:

dumb guy with a pile of random tools that cant understand why a toilet not connected to anything isn't working

to

Senile old git pulling a toilet apart by hand?

yeah but the old guy gets to look smug about it. geez. keep up.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
maybe the old dude should worry less about the flush system and more about the big hole in the side of the tank

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Gazpacho posted:

maybe the old dude should worry less about the flush system and more about the big hole in the side of the tank

i got a flush system you can worry about

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

hth posted:

yeah well i've got a big hole you can

never mind

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

key party favors posted:

yeah but the old guy gets to look smug about it. geez. keep up.

Cant. Old.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

hth posted:

change your own colostomy bag jfc, and no we won't watch your youtube videos about them

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Gazpacho posted:

he old. but what about this old?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hardawn posted:

change your own colostomy bag jfc, and no we won't watch your youtube videos about them

you ever see those ones with the cute girls changing out their bags and youre all like "i wonder if butt stuff is still on the table"?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

hth posted:

you ever see those ones with the cute girls changing out their bags and youre all like "i wonder if butt stuff is still on the table"?

literally the only thing i was thinking about as i typed that reply eww sick :respek:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hth posted:

You gently caress the stoma, duh

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

You gently caress the stoma, duh

gross, thats how you catch IBS

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I like old people

Hi old people

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Invisible Handjob posted:

I like old people

Hi old people

Hi. How things goin?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I have learned for myself that the healthiest thing you can do regarding aging is not caring about it. Just go at your own pace, do what you want to and can do, not what xx-year old you should do. Worrying about your age and comparing it to others constantly is a surefire way to get bitter. I know because I almost went down that road.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Most of us goons will be the loud old people on the net when we are, on average, old. Instead of shaking our fists on the porch, we'll probably be soft-trolling the newer generations online or some poo poo, and they will curse us like they did baby boomers.

I'll be dead honest, old age mostly bothers me for vanity reasons. Eventually I'll have to drop that someday, but at the very least I'd like to be a spry, wiry old odd man instead of the typical "I gave up on fitness a long time ago" pudgy old guy.

Lose as much excess fat as you can, and put on enough muscle while you are still young so you aren't completely helpless. And honestly? If I died of a heart attack or a stroke while going out for a morning jog, I think I'd be alright with dying while doing something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
wicker man I encourage you to go out jogging right now in that case! haha!!

I want to be old fat and bald those are my life goals and I've already got #2 pretty much down.

• Locked thread