Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your overall favorite class to watch played
Spellblade
Ritualist
Druid
Witch
View Results

• Locked thread
Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Typical, it takes me half a week to drag him in here to make the post he wanted to make, and he completely forgets the thing he wanted to say. (Hey Kaz, just for kicks, make a post in this thread when you see this.)

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Event outcomes and trait icons aren't so random and hard to remember as you're making them out to be, and you should be able to start working towards specific traits if you go in with a plan. Also, the mountain is not named Heduanna, the merchant namedrops previous characters to egg the current characters on to becoming as powerful as them. It's part of that whole shared ancestry thing that you see when you meet the other playable characters as NPCs.

Anyway, the thing that he wanted to say to you was that it actually is a bit hard to remember what leads to which traits until we actually get them again because we only see them for an hour once a week, and we don't always see the same things every week. So every event and outcome kind of blurs together until we actually see the results and it's too late.

Also, maybe this reflects on me, but I honestly never thought about actually planning ahead what we should be aiming for with each run. I'm much more of a "live life one day at a time" kind guy and I just deal with what comes when it gets here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Yeah, fair enough that I didn't consider the recording schedule you guys are using, that and the recording after midnight bit that SwordOfKaz did mention. I was just thinking "I can remember all this stuff, why can't these cool LPers I recently discovered remember it too! :argh:"

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
My one hope is that eventually you find the cat that teaches you how to speak with animals. I wanna know what that camel says.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Yeah, part of the reason I'm not voting is that I don't want to vote when I'm not caught up and these are so long to watch it takes a while to get caught up again. That being said,

Druid
Free Space
Dustfolk

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Episode 5: The Final Battle? Winner Take All
Episode 6: Once More, Into the Dream

By utilizing the advice of people who have actually played the game, we actually managed to find the final boss and return the Moon to it's rightful place after we navigated our way through the twisting, turning land of Issaria.

We do intend to keep going because there is clearly a lot more to this game that we still haven't seen, so we did go on to record a regular run after that will I'm going to start uploading now and I'll post later today. I thought it would have been better to just append it to the end of this one, but I am only one half of the brain and body that controls this Let's Playing organism (I'll let you decide which is the left and right sides of the brain) so they are being posted as separate videos.

e: If you're wondering why I didn't just wait and post them both together, it's because a fifteen minute video uploads a lot faster than an hour and fifteen minute video and I figured I could give you something to munch on while you wait.

e2: Actual regular length Episode is up now. Also we unlocked the Bard.

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 8, 2017

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Here's some more advice, since you were receptive to the last bit:
When the forests are burning on the next-to-last day, all of the icons on a forest are no longer active.
After the Moon Feast, check the edges of the map for tiles that look unique, and head towards one throughout the run. Unless you don't have any! It's very possible due to the random nature of the game.
The battle arena in the middle of the hub really will be endless now. After you clear the tenth wave against Ashur, it starts over again with more enemies and keeps going until you die.
If you really want your talking to animals ability, and now, I think (hint, not full spoiler) the event where you gain it will only appear in forest tiles, so try to get visibility on as many of them as you can in a run

Not-so-advice, but still:
The Sun Cultist gets some unique dialogue from the Seeker if he starts in the Dustfolk village, but you just did a run from there, so let's save it for later.
Even I don't know what's up with the Old Shrine event, or where in the world Maenad is!
I didn't figure it out until watching episode 4, but the character you just unlocked is the same person as the High Priestess in the hub, just younger.
Speaking of, her speech and Ashur revealing himself and challenging you to combat will just happen after each run until the end of time, as far as I know. Maybe revealing all the constellations will make it stop? I'm not there yet myself, though.

All that said, let's vote.
Songweaver, obviously
Spellblade, to try and keep everyone rotated
Wolf Clan

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Can I encourage you two to have exactly one person pick the ancestral skin? It makes it a lot easier to follow for me.

Songweaver, Spellblade, Wolf sounds good to me, too.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
The keet and all other non-fighting familiars give you a stat buff so long as they are with you (it gave you +10 Faith, denoted by the Faith symbol with infinity under it under your Energy bar)

Oblivion4568238 posted:

After the Moon Feast, check the edges of the map for tiles that look unique, and head towards one throughout the run. Unless you don't have any! It's very possible due to the random nature of the game.

And the burning forest tile that is there from the start is one of the unique tiles (you had it in this run and thought it's the forests starting to burn).

Oblivion4568238 posted:

If you really want your talking to animals ability, and now, I think (hint, not full spoiler) the event where you gain it will only appear in forest tiles, so try to get visibility on as many of them as you can in a run

If you want to learn to talk to spirits, do the same thing.

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Speaking of, her speech and Ashur revealing himself and challenging you to combat will just happen after each run until the end of time, as far as I know. Maybe revealing all the constellations will make it stop? I'm not there yet myself, though.

Unfortunately, not even getting all the constellations stops him. That unskippable scene is the real reason you should want to murder the Sun and his cultists.
By the way, you've yet to find the Moon. Heeey, maybe you should try following the not-so-subtle directions the game throws at you each starting map? They're even bolded for your convenience!

And yeah, go with Songweaver, Spellblade, Wolf.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Episode 7: A Song of Swords and Shields

It was me, I am the one who lacks situational awareness that leads to us potentially not getting alternate endings. Anyway, the Bard sure is an interesting class with cool mechanics, they're just not immediately obvious. We originally planned on bringing in a friend or two from real life because it sounded like the Songstress (or whatever her actual class name is) would work better with more people, and having seen it, I'm sure glad there's two of us, because a solo run would be actually awful.

Lokapala
Jan 6, 2013
1. When the forests are burning, there's nothing useful in them.

2. Go to the forests that have icons other than just the Merchant one, if you want languages.

3. Have some additional situational awareness help:

This is the Directions Person:

They always appear in the first map you go through. They give you directions in bold, and also helpfully use the word "direction" in their dialogue.

This is a compass:

You might've seen it many, many times. It points in four directions, two of which will be named by the very nice person I mentioned before.

4. Songweaver, Sun Cultist, Wolf Clan.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Lokapala posted:

Songweaver, Sun Cultist, Wolf Clan.

I'll second this.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
We just had a Wolf Clan start. For a reason from my previous post, my vote is Songweaver, Sun Cultist, Dustfolk.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
No real preference but the next time you do wolf clan you should have the orphan become the next priestess then rather then searching for him calm the current priestess then try seeking out that fox in the cave.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Episode 8: We Wandered into a Burning Ring of Fire

After learning how to read the compass, we ended up following it a little bit too closely, so you guys get a breather episode as a catch up week. In other news it appears the game got patched again or something and now our recording software doesn't get abruptly cut off at the end, which means we now have the ability to show you the pretty title screen art and everything.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Well it was interesting at least.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Aquasnake posted:

In other news it appears the game got patched again or something and now our recording software doesn't get abruptly cut off at the end, which means we now have the ability to show you the pretty title screen art and everything.

So you don't get completely caught out when it comes to patches anymore, they do post patch notes on the game's Steam forum. I do prefer when games make patches an announcement that shows up in the Steam Library, but at least these aren't completely hidden either.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Episode 9: Natural Resources, Ice and Animals

Unable to reach our special icon destination, as our wagon could not cross the river, we don't make any long term progress, but we do upgrade characters that we can potentially use in the Dream Arena, (Adreama?). Maybe we'll try that again next time and see how far we can make it on our wits and button mashing alone.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Alas your quest to spend a day at sunny beach side resort ends in failure.

Druid (Try to get the lion upgrade)
Player choice

and Wolf village

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Episode 10: The Wolf Who Cried Friendly Fire

Today I officially bought a new condo. Which means that over the next [Insert Period of Time Here] we will be moving. Will this effect our recording schedule? For Moon Hunters? Probably not. For Hand of Fate? Maaybe? It remains to be seen.

How come even when we try to plan our route in this game, and use all of the knowledge we've gained and you've given us, the game continually shuts us down. We can semi-reliably find the phases of the moon puzzle, but we can't find the place that tells us the right order. We made it to the beach we wanted to go to this time. But couldn't do anything there. I think it's screwing with us.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Alternative title Sun God traitor screws up everything.

Will vote later have to go right now

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw dangit. I thought you had it that time.

I'm interested in seeing ice, blood, and the river, so, y'know, if you can.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Guess who forgot to post the update here. It was me. I was super distracted and setting up moving stuff.

Episode 11: So Cold, I'm Frozen, Numb

Also, episode titles are hard, it seems like we're just spinning our wheels and not going anywhere so each episode lacks distinctive memorable features to make for good episode titles.

Sorry about the delay again.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Oh poo poo I just got called out.

Ritualist
Priestess
Snow

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, you're really pushing to get the early kill done. It's a shame you can't make it connect. Uh... who was good with that?

Ritualist and Snowdancer?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I'm having trouble finding time to catch up on this LP but I'm really glad to see an LP of this game, it needs more love. It also looks like it's had quite a bit of updating since last time I played it - I should give it another playthrough...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

You might be in luck, it turns out completely cleaning two houses and moving between them takes a lot of time and effort. Also I have a looot of crap. I haven't even used my computer since like last thursday, everything I've been saying on the forums has been phone posting. I'm not sure we'll be able to record an episode tonight so an actual real week off for people to catch up. The main issue is both the amount of stuff that moving entails. And also my mother has been living with me since then to help move, but effectivly behaves like a very short leash on my normal/social life.

• Locked thread