Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your overall favorite class to watch played
Spellblade
Ritualist
Druid
Witch
View Results

• Locked thread
Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Welcome to the blind Let's Play of Moon Hunters, featuring Aquasnake and SwordofKaz.

This game markets itself as "A co-op personality test about exploring an ancient, occult world in 5 days." And Co-op Personality Test is not a string of words that I ever thought I would see together, so I thought we would give it a shot.
We will be playing through this game blind so if you do feel the need to tell someone about the Grand Vizier's evil plot to lower taxes and create an education system for the poor. Then at least throw it behind some black bars.

We played though the 5 day journey once before we realized that it didn't get recorded and thusly we learned a few things but are still mostly in the dark. Such as...
1. Each run though the game lasts about an hour. (Or at least the first one did before we died to what appeared to be a final boss maybe.)
2. Certain things in the game unlock things you can use in all future playthroughs, such as cooking ingredients, extending playability by making future runs more interesting.
3. Don't sell your soul to a demon.
4. You can get a team pet that will help you in battle.
5. Don't sell your soul to a demon, a second time.
6. Each playthough is unique as you go through different locations, and you need to play though multiple times to get the whole story.
7. Sometimes selling your soul to a demon can be an ok idea, I guess.

Other than these things we don't really know anything about the main story of the game, so yeah, just don't go thowing spoilers around.

Our Character Classes

Spellblade: Dumuzi

Type: Quick
Trained in the high mountains.

Ritualist: Heduanna/Enheduanna?

Type: Ranged
Manipulator of mathematical magics.

Druid: Enkidu

Type: Wild
Shape-shifter with a fierce heart.

Witch: Kubele

Type: Strong
Channels Blood magic into raw power.

Snowdancer: Ninlil
No similar image available (Both Moon Hunter wikis are not good)
Type: Frost
Graceful caster of winter storms.

Sun Cultist: Sargon
Type: Traitor
Uncompromising seeker of enlightenment.

Songweaver: Roa
Type: Support
A historian priestess of the Moon.

Starting Villages

Dustfolk: Desert Tribe that relies on the Seeker of Waters to survive the harsh summers.
Wolf Clan: Secretive Tribe in the heart of the cedar forest, hiding in the shade of the great trees.
High Tribe: A proud people of the mountaintops, boasting of their closeness to the Moon in the night sky.
Celestin: Nomadic Tribe that follows the Holy Ufratu River annually from source to mouth and back again.
One Voice: Nearly forgotten tribe in the snowlands that worships the idea of the Goddess in song and dance.

Current Vote In Progress
Run 6:
Favorite Character 1
Favorite Character 2
Starting Zone

Please Bold all votes.

Current Vote ends roughly 11:59 PM, February 14th Eastern Standard Time.

Episode 0: Can't Pause, Won't Pause

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Episode Masterlist and Voting Results

Episode 1: Leaf + Gravity = Maximum Crowd Control
Episode 2: Sword + Blood = Minimum Life Expectancy
Episode 3: You Can't Outfox the Sun
Episode 4: +5 Chakram of Burning Love
Episode 5: The Final Battle? Winner Take All
Episode 6: Once More, Into the Dream

Results

Run 1:
Aquasnake: Ritualist
SwordofKaz: Druid
Village: High Tribe

Run 2:
Aquasnake: Spellblade
SwordofKaz: Witch
Village: Celestin

Run 3:
Aquasnake: Snow Dancer
SwordofKaz: Spellblade
Village: Wolf Clan

Run 4:
SwordofKaz: Sun Cultist
Village: One Voice

Arena 5:
SwordofKaz: Druid

Run 6:
Aquasnake: Witch
SwordofKaz: Ritualist
Village: Dustfolk

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 8, 2017

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Ooo, this'll be a good way to see if I should get this game now or later!

Someone be a Witch please. Everything else is fine by me, but just to make it a full vote-

Witch
Spellblade

e:after seeing the dances I'm for the

Druid
Ritualist
Dustfolk

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 6, 2017

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
Looking forward to this - I'm on the fence about getting it!

Ritualist
Druid
Witch

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Ooo, this'll be a good way to see if I should get this game now or later!

Someone be a Witch please. Everything else is fine by me, but just to make it a full vote-

Since each run is relatively short, and we're sure to be doing multiple runs, I'm sure every class with get some love at some point.

But while I'm here and I don't need to edit every post I write 5 minutes after I post it, if it seems like the game music was kind of overpowering us and being just a bit too loud, we noticed that too and adjusted it so it shouldn't be a problem in future videos.
Also when we were about to do the four character showcase SwordofKaz decided to take a picture of our little setup, and I forgot to thow it in the OP

Normally we'll only be using the two PS4 controllers, but sometimes I'll have to set up my external keyboard and mouse, along with an external hard drive, which then requires a USB splitter, and the number of cords everywhere can get a little intense. This is actually really tidy for us.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Is the link busted, or am I missing the joke? It's some Overwatch video :confused:

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

inscrutable horse posted:

Is the link busted, or am I missing the joke? It's some Overwatch video :confused:

Idgi either.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

God actual Dammit. Don't make threads late at night, or at least triple check them. I must have copied the link from the wrong tab. My bad.

The other two are fixed and i'll re-post it down here. Thanks for pointing it out.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Ritualist
Druid
High Tribe

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

ButtDoktor posted:

Ritualist
Druid
High Tribe

Yeah, this sounds good.

This is one of those games I picked up at some point after eyeing for a bit and played really heavily for a week or two before kind of forgetting about it! I think the "personality test" bit in the marketing copy is... pretty overblown, but it's an enjoyable enough thing to pick up and murder some monsters for a playthrough or two in a sitting, especially once you find a class that clicks with you.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I've seen this game on steam, and have been curious, but haven't been tempted enough to buy it yet. It will be great to watch this and get a feel for it and then maybe drop the cash.

Votes:

Spellblade
Ritualist
High Tribe

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
I picked this up a few days ago while it was on sale, and it is a pretty good couch multiplayer experience, especially if you get into the setting.

Ritualist
Druid
High Tribe

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Druid
Witch
Wolf Clan

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
This looks pretty interesting.

Witch
Ritualist
Wolf Clan

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

I'm super lazy, so...

Zanzibar Ham posted:

e:after seeing the dances I'm for the

Druid
Ritualist
Dustfolk

Also, that druid has a bitchin' sweet hat, so he's got to be on the team.

e: Also also, the music is pretty loud, and has a tendency to drown you guys out.

inscrutable horse fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 6, 2017

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

e: Also also, the music is pretty loud, and has a tendency to drown you guys out.

Noted and adjusted for the future.

Everyone feel free to drop any other feedback anytime, we're still fairly new at this.

SwordOfKaz
May 4, 2016
Things I am glad to see so far in this thread:

1. People are actually turning up and seem to be interested in this LP.

2. People seem genuinely interested in this game, which is causing me to get hype for this.

3. Just general overall feels good so far.

Things I do not like so far:

1. I may have to play a hippy Druid.

Oh well.

I'm glad to see that people are at least somewhat into this, at least a little more than our previous attempt at an LP. On that note, Aquasnake and I have been discussing whether to try and get through each play through in one run, or split it up into smaller, more manageable sizes. When we tried playing through the first time our recording didn't work *cough* Aquasnake's fault *cough* it took us roughly an hour to get through the run since we were experimenting with everything. So let us know your thoughts on how you want that as well.

tl;dr: Would you rather have one hour long session to watch, or 2-3 smaller videos that you could go through at your leisure?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

SwordOfKaz posted:

Things I do not like so far:

1. I may have to play a hippy Druid.

Oh well.

Aquasnake and I have been discussing whether to try and get through each play through in one run, or split it up into smaller, more manageable sizes. When we tried playing through the first time our recording didn't work *cough* Aquasnake's fault *cough* it took us roughly an hour to get through the run since we were experimenting with everything. So let us know your thoughts on how you want that as well.

tl;dr: Would you rather have one hour long session to watch, or 2-3 smaller videos that you could go through at your leisure?

I on the other hand, am more than ok with playing a hippy Druid.

Also, he misunderstood what I wanted him to say. I always intended to play through each run in a single go. The question was whether I should split the actual youtube video into shorter parts posted all at once or as just one large hour long video.

Also, also, for someone who lives with me, it was way more effort than it should have been to drag his butt into this thread to post.

e: While I'm here and we're at about the half way point check out the results so far.

Voting Results So Far posted:

pre:
Aquasnake:	
Spellblade	I
Ritualist	IV
Druid		III
Witch		I

SwordofKaz:	
Spellblade	
Ritualist	IV
Druid		IV
Witch		I

Wolf Clan	II
High Tribe	IV
It seems there's a little bit of a bias, but it's still anyone's game.

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 8, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just do a long video. People who want to watch less at a time can always pause it.

SwordOfKaz
May 4, 2016

Bruceski posted:

Just do a long video. People who want to watch less at a time can always pause it.

We will keep that in mind.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

I've always preferred long videos. After a long day at work, it's nice to kick back and unwind for a while.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

SwordOfKaz posted:

Things I am glad to see so far in this thread:

1. People are actually turning up and seem to be interested in this LP.

2. People seem genuinely interested in this game, which is causing me to get hype for this.

3. Just general overall feels good so far.

Just what was in this thread so far got me interested enough to go and watch a run on Youtube, and then that got me interested enough to buy the game. So, add one sale to this LP. Only got through one solo run so far, but I have had fun.

SwordOfKaz posted:

As for this, I have to agree with everyone else that it should be one long video.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

This is good news for me, as fewer, longer videos are actually a little bit easier to manage organizationally and editing wise.

On another minor point of note since I have the excuse of it seeming like voting is slowing down. I'm going to make the Lunar decree to shave a day off of this and all future votes.
While one week seemed like a reasonable amount of time when it was the first thing that popped into my head, once I got back to the real world that if I made the voting last for six days instead, then we would have the 7th day to record/edit/upload/post and all that jazz. Thus giving us a true weekly schedule.

So without futher ado the deadline for voting has been moved to...

Aquasnake posted:

Roughly 11:59 PM, January 10th Eastern Standard Time.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Ritualist
Witch
Hightribe

SwordOfKaz
May 4, 2016
Well folks, the time of legend is almost at hand. Only a little bit longer until voting for this run is done.

Mason and I are setting up so that we can start recording the moment the clock strikes Midnight.

Aquasnake posted:

Roughly 11:59 PM, January 10th Eastern Standard Time.

Whatever, close enough. He did say roughly.

Anyways, we should hopefully have the video out early on the 11th, and hopefully with a host of things for you all to vote on.

Until then, we are anxiously awaiting what this is going to turn out like, and by that I mean hopefully someone votes for me to not play a hippy druid.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Hey guys, I posted the right link this time. It just finished exporting from premiere and I started uploading it to youtube. There will be a minor delay, as it's still processing and probably will be for like 2 hours or something. But I figured I would start that and thow the link your way now and then go to sleep instead of going to sleep and then starting the upload like halfway through the day so that you can get to it sooner.

I'm going to bed now, but SwordofKaz went to bed a while after we finished recording so he'll probably be getting up at some point soon if you're looking for someone to talk to about it. We did apparently unlock a new starting zone to add to the voting pool, but more info on that will be coming later today.

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 12, 2017

fadderman
Feb 3, 2008
dyslectic lurker

Aquasnake posted:

Hey guys, I posted the right link this time. It just finished exporting from premiere and I started uploading it to youtube. There will be a minor delay, as it's still processing and probably will be for like 2 hours or something. But I figured I would start that and thow the link your way now and then go to sleep instead of going to sleep and then starting the upload like halfway through the day so that you can get to it sooner.

I'm going to bed now, but SwordofKaz went to bed a while after we finished recording so he'll probably be getting up at some point soon if you're looking for someone to talk to about it. We did apparently unlock a new starting zone to add to the voting pool, but more info on that will be coming later today.

I think the upload too Youtube went wrong, it still says that is processing

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

fadderman posted:

I think the upload too Youtube went wrong, it still says that is processing

Yup, sorry about that guys, it looks like it broke and got stuck at like 37 minutes remaining, reuploading fresh, I'll update the links and repost when it finishes and is actually live.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Ok, I guess we really pissed off some Sun Cultists, Because this took about 23 hours to get to you when it should have taken closer to like 5.

Real sorry about that. But here it is, rendered, processed, all around actually watchable.

Voting also begins for the second run and will end January 17th at 11:59 PM. Please Note that there is a new starting village available. To Refresh.

Our Character Classes

Spellblade:
Type: Quick
Trained in the high mountains.
Ritualist:
Type: Ranged
Manipulator of mathematical magics.
Druid:
Type: Wild
Shape-shifter with a fierce heart.
Witch:
Type: Strong
Channels Blood magic into raw power.

Starting Villages

Dustfolk: Desert Tribe that relies on the Seeker of Waters to survive the harsh summers.
Wolf Clan: Secretive Tribe in the heart of the cedar forest, hiding in the shade of the great trees.
High Tribe: A proud people of the mountaintops, boasting of their closeness to the Moon in the night sky.
Celestin: Nomadic Tribe that follows the Holy Ufratu River annually from source to mouth and back again.

Please Bold all votes.

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 12, 2017

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Well, since there's new stuff to see...

Spellblade
Witch
Celestin

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I always need to vote for mage-knight types when they're available, so somebody needs to be a Spellblade.

In fact...

Spellblade
Witch
Celestin
Just go with this.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Spellblade
Witch
Celestin

:bandwagon:

Also, cook more. You've unlocked one of more than a hundred recipes that apparently give all party members fat stacks of stats.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Bliss Authority posted:

Also, cook more. You've unlocked one of more than a hundred recipes that apparently give all party members fat stacks of stats.

This is true, but how else will I become more spiritual by falling asleep while stargazing?!

SwordOfKaz
May 4, 2016

Bliss Authority posted:

The problem with cooking is that I'll end up being the person who does the cooking, and as Aquasnake is no doubt happy to share, I am bad at that. I fear my real life cooking abilities shall be transferred to my character and I'll end up accidentally setting the camp on fire.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

SwordOfKaz posted:

The problem with cooking is that I'll end up being the person who does the cooking, and as Aquasnake is no doubt happy to share, I am bad at that. I fear my real life cooking abilities shall be transferred to my character and I'll end up accidentally setting the camp on fire.

Counterpoint: getting Foolish from that would be hilarious for us to watch.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm still all for the Dust Folk.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Some day I'll see the wolf clan starting area. Even when we were just testing recording and such we never selected it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
drat, just saw the end of the run. The Sun had nothing on nature and math!

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
It's funny how you talked about all the deep lore you'll never know after seeing Mina, because she isn't actually part of this game's lore! :v: She's from Battle Chef Brigade, an upcoming game that's been Kickstarted. A lot of the indie Kickstarters of the time liked to plug each other and have characters cameo across games.

Anyways, hopping on the
Spellblade
Witch
Celestin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
I don't care about character classes but do a Celestin run.

• Locked thread