Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
godwings law u lose the internet

sory o p : (

https://twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
He was a great man. The only thing I think he did wrong was killing my personal hero, Adolf Hitler

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWjCkcAmzDc&t=80s

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
I'm a character in a Chuck Tingle novel so I'm going to prevent WWII by traveling back in time and getting pounded in the butt by Hitler. Wish me luck.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Concordat posted:

What if Hitler was black and gay?
Wait, he wasn't?!?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

blamegame posted:

killing baby hitler: gotta? or definitely gotta?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJJYVORSP_w

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Ghengis Khan, Attila, and Napoleon are the three ravager/conqueror types I've seen people compared to most frequently in that fashion prior to WWII, with Tamerlane also popping up occasionally for those who are a little more dialed in historically.

Napoleon was the good guy tho

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i think he sucked big time

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
He killed his own dog, the piece of poo poo.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He was still portrayed as a boogieman figure who overthrew democracy and tried to conquer the world.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He was still portrayed as a boogieman figure who overthrew democracy and tried to conquer the world.

Yeah, I get it. It's just funny that the reactionary powers of Europe which were actively subjugating and/or genociding half the world aren't considered the true villains of the era; while Napoleon was spreading liberalism & modernity throughout Europe.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah, I get it. It's just funny that the reactionary powers of Europe which were actively subjugating and/or genociding half the world aren't considered the true villains of the era; while Napoleon was spreading liberalism & modernity throughout Europe.

I don't disagree, but there is a point in his history where it kinda stops being "here comes the hope of the Revolution to free us from autocratic chains" and starts leaning into "oh poo poo, that French rear end in a top hat's coming to smash us and put one of his jerk brothers* in charge of our country."

*Not counting Louis who by all accounts was a chill guy and actually made a sincere attempt to actually do right by the Dutch and rule them as they wanted to be ruled.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Alexander the Great was more napoleonish I guess

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

vive le thermidor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

• Locked thread