Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I think he was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJHAVyEMqY

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I believe the hole is meant to be in the left temple.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

know your roots

another year. another world war ii movie. another hitler audition.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Let's say someone went back in time and killed Hitler.

Like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfU1lYAIlWs

You think WWII would have never started?

Personally I think if Hitler didn't start a far-right movement in Germany someone else would have.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

killing baby hitler: gotta? or definitely gotta?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

blamegame posted:

killing baby hitler: gotta? or definitely gotta?

hell yeah id kill baby hitler. gotta do it.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
okay people, it's time to get serious

about hitler

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

nsfw

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i'm writing a new book, about potentially explosive revelations about adolf hitler, famous bad guy

i theorize that he might have done 9/11

shocking, i know, i'm planning on filming a documentary about it for the history channel

they want 6 hours of footage so i need one of you guys to pretend to be an expert in aliens and another to be an expert in nazi numerology

who wants dibs

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

crazy upset: hitler good?!?!?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Probably one of the best Fuhrers of Nazi Germany ever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BNwN3xYL3w

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I also think Hitler was bad, op

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Hitler: tough on jews, gentle in the reichsbedroom

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Concordat posted:

Like so:

Personally I think if Hitler didn't start a far-right movement in Germany someone else would have.

There were plenty of other far-right movements in Germany prior to Hitler's engagement with the DAP, though I can't think of a comparable figure in any of them that could have risen as high as Hitler did. I mean maaaaaybe one of the Strasser brothers?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Who was Hitler before Hitler? Like all around evil guy everyone would know?

Satan?

Baloogan?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i heard he did nothing wrong

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i heard he shot himself and died on fire in a ditch because he was scared of the russians coming to get him

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

fits my needs posted:

Who was Hitler before Hitler? Like all around evil guy everyone would know?

Satan?

Baloogan?

Ghengis Khan, Attila, and Napoleon are the three ravager/conqueror types I've seen people compared to most frequently in that fashion prior to WWII, with Tamerlane also popping up occasionally for those who are a little more dialed in historically.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he was on all the drugs by teh end of the war

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
u might say hitler had it all: women, drugs, money, fame, a genocidal army at his command

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There were plenty of other far-right movements in Germany prior to Hitler's engagement with the DAP, though I can't think of a comparable figure in any of them that could have risen as high as Hitler did. I mean maaaaaybe one of the Strasser brothers?

While there wouldn't have been a Führer-cult around anyone without Hitler's talents, it seems inevitable that the rightist forces would've toppled Weimar democracy in some fashion anyway, its supposed protectors like Hindenburg actively detested the whole system. And given how amenable the top military brass were to Hitler's ideas on conquest, it seems likely any post-Weimar regime would've tried to undo Versailles in some manner of war, though at a later date.

The Holocaust and other esoteric ideas implemented by the Nazis were all on Hitler and Himmler, so at least there wouldn't been those?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAMgT8LuZaw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

u might say hitler had it all: women, drugs, money, fame, a genocidal army at his command

whats the point in being a dictator if you're not getting the best drugs

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I don't want to be controversial but I think that guy was a bad egg.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Göring perhaps could've without Hitler? Maybe Ludendorff would have been able to stay the figurehead of the nationalist right wing?

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

What I've read suggests that he only really loved his cousin Geli, and after she died, that was it. There was no woman that appealed to him, or man either. Members of his staff remarked that he seemed to be basically "neuter". So maybe instead of committing murder, we could just travel back in time and get him laid.

E: half-niece, whoops

Cosmik Slop has issued a correction as of 15:54 on Jan 18, 2017

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
don't forget to kill hitler!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoMZYn0Fk5M

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

rudatron posted:

don't forget to kill hitler!
Eh, judging from historical precendent, that's gonna take care of itself.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Jose posted:

he was on all the drugs by teh end of the war

yeah High Hitler on the history channel/NatGeo is a great watch

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Concordat posted:

Like so:

there would probably have been way less dead jews though

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

his methods were questionable I suppose

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Mariana Horchata posted:

yeah High Hitler on the history channel/NatGeo is a great watch

It's entertaining though superficial. But then you did say it was on the History Channel.

Rappaport posted:

While there wouldn't have been a Führer-cult around anyone without Hitler's talents, it seems inevitable that the rightist forces would've toppled Weimar democracy in some fashion anyway, its supposed protectors like Hindenburg actively detested the whole system. And given how amenable the top military brass were to Hitler's ideas on conquest, it seems likely any post-Weimar regime would've tried to undo Versailles in some manner of war, though at a later date.

The Holocaust and other esoteric ideas implemented by the Nazis were all on Hitler and Himmler, so at least there wouldn't been those?

Oh sure; there were so many problems in Weimar democracy, both those baked in to the Constitution itself and those gained by, say, lauding the "army undefeated in the field" and selling out the left due to fears of the Spartacists, it's really remarkable it even lasted as long as it did (not that the earlier putsches weren't one step removed from Vaudevillian).

frankenfreak posted:

Göring perhaps could've without Hitler? Maybe Ludendorff would have been able to stay the figurehead of the nationalist right wing?

But would Goering have gotten involved if he hadn't met Hitler or a comparable energizing figure? It's fun to play counterfactual games, but I just don't think there's enough there to really make more than an educated guess.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

if anything he's overrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's fun to play counterfactual games, but I just don't think there's enough there to really make more than an educated guess.

What if Hitler was black and gay?

• Locked thread