Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Try looking in/through the mirror, maybe there's a secret room behind it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Mayor Dave posted:

Try looking in/through the mirror, maybe there's a secret room behind it

Doesn't look like there's anything breakable up there, unfortunately. :sigh:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

up the stairs

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
try entering the konami code op

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nice

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
down into the deep dark basement

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

still saying go upstairs

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

go up the Tricky Dick! (tm) Stairs (tm)

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Looks like we're going up!

New floor looks like the old floor, but fewer crabs.

Concerned Citizen posted:

try entering the konami code op

Why not?

Uh...

Well, it looks like I have another thing in my inventory that I can't equip as Spiro Agnew.
I also apparently have had my name changed?! That drat Tricky DickTM, always forcing poo poo onto Agnew!

Well, now that we've been irrecoverably marred as a cheater, let's see if this vending machine will fix our health situation.
It does! It restores one health and subtracts a dollar each time you hit A. First one was apparently free.

It looks like some of the chi-com soldiers Tricky DickTM brought back from a vacation have escaped again. Better beat them unconscious, Vice-President!

Between the tie and the jump kicks these guys are pretty simple to subdue.

At the end of the hall, we have another path upwards and a fire extinguisher on the wall.

Let's see if we can actually equip this.

Huzzah!

Let's try our new item out.

It works! Hopefully it does damage. Unfortunately, it also prevents Spiro from jumping while it's in slot B, which could produce a nice combo later on but unfortunately I use jump kicks too often to leave it equipped.

I'll probably see what's up the ladder tomorrow, right now my NES is discoloring from the rather disconcerting amount of heat the cartridge seems to be putting out. I'll also take suggestions for exploring this hallway, but right now there's just one path and it's up, uP, UP!

Dick Milhous Rock! has issued a correction as of 06:15 on Jan 24, 2017

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

And Spiro Agnew is now on the roof.

More of these guys.

Like, A LOT more of these guys.

At the end of this map here's a green one of these guys, some dude named Killsong or something metal like that.

This guy starts on the platform chucking propane tanks at you, then jumps down until you knock a few bars of health off, and then repeats.

It took some effort to not die here, the patterns for the barrels are different each time.

Instead of dying, he appears to grant you a level then jumps up on the helicopter pad.

And surprisingly, this starts a cinematic!

I'm pretty sure that fat, green man didn't have anything to do with stealing Tricky Dick'sTM dog.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Whoa what a turn of events!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh poo poo wheres checkers

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

And Spiro Agnew is now on the roof.

More of these guys.

Like, A LOT more of these guys.

At the end of this map here's a green one of these guys, some dude named Killsong or something metal like that.

This guy starts on the platform chucking propane tanks at you, then jumps down until you knock a few bars of health off, and then repeats.

It took some effort to not die here, the patterns for the barrels are different each time.

Instead of dying, he appears to grant you a level then jumps up on the helicopter pad.

And surprisingly, this starts a cinematic!

I'm pretty sure that fat, green man didn't have anything to do with stealing Tricky Dick'sTM dog.

yo grab the key before you go back downstairs

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

huh. Kill Sung. I think you should keep that guy in mind, but grab that key and find a door that it opens.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Wow! I had this game as a kid but could never get far! Looking forward to seeing more!

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Well, after spending the last several days being unable to enter my basement because of the smoke, a raccoon attempting to find shelter from the elements chewed their way in and opened a vent, so I can go back to playing Tricky DickTM!

Weeping Wound posted:

huh. Kill Sung. I think you should keep that guy in mind, but grab that key and find a door that it opens.

Obvious, but anyone familiar with "twitch plays" should realize that the obvious solutions aren't always what the stream picks.

Alright, can't go any further past this point on this map. Gotta head back.

Oh hey, this door can now be interacted with. Wonder what's inside?

Guess this is what the key unlocks?

Guess so, the key's gone. There's another vending machine and what a bald duder here.

We're going to talk to bald dude first, because I don't have that many resources left.

So E.Man is apparently our energy man.

Let's find out what this ominous looking pad does.

Just stepping on the pad is enough to trigger it, I guess?

Hey, we're at a world map! The red indicates where we're at, apparently.

And the switch command that's been on our inventory is no longer unselectable.

Looks like we've got some choices boys.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

switch to Liddy, he looks like Mike Haggar

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Seconding Liddy, he's stone cold.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Liddy for sure

this owns

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

get that OUT of my face posted:

switch to Liddy, he looks like Mike Haggar

Forums Terrorist posted:

Seconding Liddy, he's stone cold.

VikingSkull posted:

Liddy for sure

this owns

We are G.Gordon Libby now!

:siren::911:WE ARE NOW AMERICAN ENOUGH TO WEAR THIS :911::siren:

:hellyeah::hellyeah::hellyeah:

Liddy seems like he has more health but less energy than Agnew did. And less starting cash? :ohdear:

Guess we're back to the starting point. We've already explored upstairs, our choices are to go back to first fork and choose outside (which will probably kill us) or to the second fork and choose to go through the door where we killed the butler.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

try the konami code again

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
When do we get to the part where we get out head cut off and replace it with Tricky Dick's in a jar?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
nuke the dikes Liddy

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Squizzle posted:

try the konami code again

Well I guess we could always use more hot pants maybe?

Uh he's flexing

Huh, I wonder why Agnew got penalized with hot pants?

Gridlocked posted:

When do we get to the part where we get out head cut off and replace it with Tricky Dick's in a jar?

I only have the cartridge, so is that on the box art or the manual? Because NES games are notorious for misleading box art.
Just look at this:

The box art for Mega Man, also known as Rockman (ロックマン Rokkuman), was an era in which all of it's developer Capcom (株式会社カプコン, or Kabushiki-gaisha Kapukon), generally were just kid of slapped together with no regard to the contents of the game.

But who knows, maybe there's a decapitated Tricky DickTM somewhere in the game! :nixon:

VikingSkull posted:

nuke the dikes Liddy

But the Netherlands is part of NATO, and also it appears the red button has been removed from the desk?!!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Go to the Washington monument to look for checkers. It's basically a giant dog piss magnet

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

But the Netherlands is part of NATO, and also it appears the red button has been removed from the desk?!!
Oh poo poo, you're in the decoy White House! Watch out Gordon!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
crime owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

I am really sorry that I'm so late getting back to this, but I've been absurdly busy this month and what I thought was going to be a quiet couple weeks has turned out to be a god-damned mess.

• Locked thread