Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Wow I can't believe he has the same haircut as a guy who lived 100 years ago, that's nuts drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The shark in Jaws wasn't real :ssh:

Some of the shots were in fact of a real shark

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Paladinus posted:

They had modern pop music in Shrek, which takes place in Medieval times.

Yeah, but they had the sense to include a Nick Cave song.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Yvershek posted:

Yeah, but they had the sense to include a Nick Cave song.

That was Shrek 2 which takes place in 2031 (though it doesn't come up much in dialogue). Please stay on topic in this thread.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I swear I saw a DeLorean DMC-12 and an orange vest from a 1980s era Sears catalog in this one wild west movie I was watching

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

...and the pitch! posted:

Saying Klondike 5 out loud is pretty funny tho. Was that a Futurama bit?

KL5-5555 is how you reach Mr. Plow

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
no it's Klondike 5-3226

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYXEt7xOh1M

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I loved Stranger Things, but their flashlights were WAY too bright for 1983.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxyRG_tckY&t=92s

This is how bright 1980s flashlight were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F5jbaFJqUk&t=12s

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I don't like the scene in Aladdin where the magical genie does a Jack Nicholson impression. It's unclear when Aladdin takes place, or where the fictional kingdom of "Agrabah" is supposed to be located on the Arabian peninsula, but it seems highly unlikely that Jack Nicholson would have been born yet.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Friginator posted:

I don't like the scene in Aladdin where the magical genie does a Jack Nicholson impression. It's unclear when Aladdin takes place, or where the fictional kingdom of "Agrabah" is supposed to be located on the Arabian peninsula, but it seems highly unlikely that Jack Nicholson would have been born yet.

well boy oh boy does reddit have a stupid fan theory for you! see aladdin may actually take place af- *continues to blubbler fatly

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Friginator posted:

in that case, probably jack nicholson based himself on the genie

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Some of the shots were in fact of a real shark

pretty sure they changed one of the guys from living to dying at the end (compared to the book) just due to some great shark footage they go

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Friginator posted:

You realize "The Genie" was just Robin Williams improvising for several hours into a microphone and then they edited together the best bits, right

Disney wanted to make a new Aladdin movie after he died using outtakes from the original film, but his family nixed it

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I watched Aladdin recently and jesus christ...the amount of cocaine that must have gone into that movie....

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I loved Stranger Things, but their flashlights were WAY too bright for 1983.

flashlight autists are the worst autists

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Friginator posted:

Nice out of the box answer, good work out of you.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Also, Clint Eastwood's 2008 film "Changeling" is set in 1928, yet Angelina Jolie's character, a switchboard operator in Los Angeles, is clearly seen clutching a 7-Eleven "Big Gulp" soda. The 7-Eleven brand wasn't established until 1946, years after the film takes place. Shame on you, Clint Eastwood!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

A misanthrope posted:

well boy oh boy does reddit have a stupid fan theory for you! see aladdin may actually take place af- *continues to blubbler fatly

Blubbler Fatly sounds like the name of some guy at the pub who always has a crazy little known fact to share that is actually just nonsense

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Wizard of Poz posted:

Blubbler Fatly sounds like the name of some guy at the pub who always has a crazy little known fact to share that is actually just nonsense

it sounds like a star wars character

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Literally the only book, movie, song, or anything written after the fact but not full of anachronisms is "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy.

Except of course that The Judge is a reptiloid from the 25th century, but that's easy to ignore.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Literally the only book, movie, song, or anything written after the fact but not full of anachronisms is "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy.

Except of course that The Judge is a reptiloid from the 25th century, but that's easy to ignore.

reading is for liberal pussies

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

A misanthrope posted:

reading is for liberal pussies

Why are you doing the third person thing dude

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

the trick cormack used to achieve this was to omit quotation marks entirely so anything incongrous in that whole book can be brushed off as drunk rambling by one of its many insane characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Why are you doing the third person thing dude

a misanthrope is getting upset!

• Locked thread