Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Next year's script is going to have massive rewrites & cast changes.

Collinsworth was practically begging the refs to overturn calls that didn't go the Pats' way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
That reminds me, I feel really robbed that we didn't have Tony Romo calling that game

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

That reminds me, I feel really robbed that we didn't have Tony Romo calling that game

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Eric the Mauve posted:

CBS has Super Bowl LIII next year, so we'll get it then.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Android Apocalypse posted:

Collinsworth was practically begging the refs to overturn calls that didn't go the Pats' way.

Collinsworth went full on heel commentator during that game

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fartknocker posted:

CBS has Super Bowl LIII next year, so we'll get it then.

His plane is going to be intercepted on the way to Atlanta.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

weekly font posted:

Collinsworth went full on heel commentator during that game

I don't know who is who, but yeah, one of those commentators seemed PISSED that the refs didn't overturn that last Eagles TD.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice of the writers to throw us a curveball so we don't get too suspicious

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nah, I suspect this is still according to script, now that I've given it some :tinfoil: thought.

Think about it. Who is a big Patriots fan?
Donald Trump.

Who pissed off the NFL by running his mouth about the anthem protests?
Donald Trump.

What better way to retaliate than by unrigging the biggest game of the year, when everyone was assured it would be a shoe-in for them?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I like it when the writers go rogue.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Android Apocalypse posted:

Collinsworth going from 'I can't even make a guess that's so close" prior to the review to "How is he the runner there and how does that stand" in the span of minutes was p amazing. Garbage commentators for that game.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 5, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If tony Romo isn't covering the next super bowl it's a human rights crime

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If tony Romo isn't covering the next super bowl it's a human rights crime

It's on CBS, so he better be.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Neil Armbong posted:

Collinsworth going from 'I can't even make a guess that's so close" prior to the review to "How is he the runner there and how does that stand" in the span of minutes was p amazing. Garbage commentators for that game.
Collinsworth wasn’t great but it’s extremely understandable that someone who has watched as many games as he has this year might think those plays would be called incomplete since it happened over and over again all year

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
They didn’t tell collingsworth about the “tragic” twist ending this season and he was lashing out in confusion

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Cris Collingworth is the Walking Dead watch thread of the NFL

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'm glad sequels are so popular

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the nfl? its scripted

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

wyoak posted:

Collinsworth wasn’t great but it’s extremely understandable that someone who has watched as many games as he has this year might think those plays would be called incomplete since it happened over and over again all year

He could have also (and with more justification) commented on the game by complaining about how offensive holding doesn’t exist in the Super Bowl or against the Patriots and how that needs to be examined. Strangely, all those plays were “great protection.” Or he could have been excited that the NFL was calling these plays correctly for once to highlight the inconsistency but he was instead furious. It was a questionable approach to the commentary in the first place and his need to return to that point repeatedly made it worse.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

King Hong Kong posted:

He could have also (and with more justification) called the game by complaining about how offensive holding doesn’t exist in the Super Bowl or against the Patriots and how that needs to be examined. Strangely, all those plays were “great protection.” Or he could have been excited that the NFL was calling these plays correctly for once to highlight the inconsistency but he was instead furious. It was a questionable approach to the call in the first place and his need to return to that point repeatedly made it worse.
I never got the impression he was 'furious' but I didn't have the sound on super loud so maybe he was. Holding wasn't getting flagged on either side all night, the reffing was fine and good (consistent for both teams) last night.

edit : His line about the game being has good as JT's halftime show should have been a fireable offense though. Collinsworth's mistake was that he thought the lesson of this year's absurd instant replay rulings was that the catch rules are understandable, and that when in question, the pass is incomplete. In reality the lesson of instant replay was "who the hell knows what a catch is, don't even try to guess what Riveron is going to say"

wyoak fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 5, 2018

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

wyoak posted:

In reality the lesson of instant replay was "who the hell knows what a catch is, don't even try to guess what Riveron is going to say"

The reason the replays take so long is that they keep losing their place in the script. If they need bookmarks, they can make some out of pieces of the shredded 6th Super Bowl banner. Which I don't know why they printed at all because, as we keep saying here, the NFL is scripted.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The NFL is scripted

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Think about it, if it weren't scripted, then why do we already have a list of where everybody will be drafted?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The point isn’t necessarily the Patriots win, just that they get to the finals for ratings.

SCRIPTED

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The decision to give Philly their first win on the back of a back-up quarterback was overwritten, but then what do you expect when you hire ex-writers from WWE

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cavauro posted:

The NFL is scripted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
On this episode, Bill and Tom learn to overcome their differences and come together for a Patriots win.

• Locked thread