Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I'm looking for people to…
  • (in India) make and sell buttons that say, "DON'T BE TRACKED PAY CASH", to resist the campaign against cash. Talk with a local company that makes buttons, buy a batch of 50 to 500 buttons for a quantity price, then sell them for 2 or 3 times that price.
  • help install new political notes on the site. If you'd like to help me in this way, please write to rms at gnu period org.
  • post videos of my talks on audio-video.gnu.org.
  • write a recipe for how to connect to the WiFi in a Mcdonalds without running its nonfree Javascript code. The recipe could include a free Javascript program I could run, or it could consist of instructions for what I would type into IceCat (our variant of Firefox). It doesn't have't be super convenient, it just has to work.
  • write a recipe for how to connect to the WiFi in a New York City subway station without running its nonfree Javascript code. The recipe could include a free Javascript program I could run, or it could consist of instructions for what I would type into IceCat (our variant of Firefox). It doesn't have't be super convenient, it just has to work.
  • help maintain and operate savannah.gnu.org.
  • help web sites put free licenses on their Javascript code.
  • write site-specific Firefox extensions or local scripts to operate specific web sites.
  • help webmasters of various sites (not related to me or GNU) make simple but substantial changes in their web sites — for instance, to use the GNU Project's recommended terminology.
  • experiment to find good ways to attach fruits to a Grav-mass tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHITETRASHGANGBANG
Dec 6, 2013
My drug dealer used square. Am I being tracked?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lol of course rms can't run javascript.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

/!\ This site requires nonfree javasript code to function. Would you like to purchase this site's javascript to continue? /!\

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
good ol dicky stizzle

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

most important item on the agenda is stopping India from using evil bank card because something something privacy

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Greet people. At minimum type the 5-letters "Hi,\n\n" at the beginning of your mails, you can't say that it takes too much time! :)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

axolotl farmer posted:

most important item on the agenda is stopping India from using evil bank card because something something privacy

in India it's fairly common to pay for houses in cash. literally boxes and boxes full of cash.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

in India it's fairly common to pay for houses in cash. literally boxes and boxes full of cash.

no one pays taxes in india because the government is corrupt because no one pays taxes

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

where's echipenis?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

kitty jail for a month :catstare:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah bbc world service had a pretty long series of shows on the currency changes (getting rid of large notes) and the huge banking headache its caused

govt says it wants to get rid of large notes to help force people holding large amounts of (untraceable) cash to start using banks, combined with restricting the amounts people are allowed to withdraw to prevent them from just swapping out the larger notes for smaller ones and going on business as usual

it pretty much crippled the banks because so many people just use cash for everything and the ATM/teller lines were endless, and nobody can get enough cash to last them long enough lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

lancemantis posted:

yeah bbc world service had a pretty long series of shows on the currency changes (getting rid of large notes) and the huge banking headache its caused

govt says it wants to get rid of large notes to help force people holding large amounts of (untraceable) cash to start using banks, combined with restricting the amounts people are allowed to withdraw to prevent them from just swapping out the larger notes for smaller ones and going on business as usual

it pretty much crippled the banks because so many people just use cash for everything and the ATM/teller lines were endless, and nobody can get enough cash to last them long enough lol

i was in India in november and it was a big mess. they didn't get rid of the largest notes, they got rid of the most common ones: 500 and 1000 rupee notes ($10-$20). they introduced a new 2000 rupee for some reason also. i could only get cash at the airport. i almost didn't make it through the week i was there because i couldn't get any of the regular money, and nobody could make change for a 2000. there were officials standing in front of ATMs on the street turning people away because they didn't work any more.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
huh, I guess since people kept repeating large currency notes and with the face values I assumed it was a large (denomination) bill :shrug:

I guess people just can't get enough $1s and $20s then

EDIT: I guess before the introduction of the 2000 note, the 1000 and 500 were the largest two, but they were also the most common, so lol all around

Arcteryx Anarchist fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 10, 2017

pram
Jun 10, 2001

axolotl farmer posted:

I'm looking for people to…
  • (in India) make and sell buttons that say, "DON'T BE TRACKED PAY CASH", to resist the campaign against cash. Talk with a local company that makes buttons, buy a batch of 50 to 500 buttons for a quantity price, then sell them for 2 or 3 times that price.
  • help install new political notes on the site. If you'd like to help me in this way, please write to rms at gnu period org.
  • post videos of my talks on audio-video.gnu.org.
  • write a recipe for how to connect to the WiFi in a Mcdonalds without running its nonfree Javascript code. The recipe could include a free Javascript program I could run, or it could consist of instructions for what I would type into IceCat (our variant of Firefox). It doesn't have't be super convenient, it just has to work.
  • write a recipe for how to connect to the WiFi in a New York City subway station without running its nonfree Javascript code. The recipe could include a free Javascript program I could run, or it could consist of instructions for what I would type into IceCat (our variant of Firefox). It doesn't have't be super convenient, it just has to work.
  • help maintain and operate savannah.gnu.org.
  • help web sites put free licenses on their Javascript code.
  • write site-specific Firefox extensions or local scripts to operate specific web sites.
  • help webmasters of various sites (not related to me or GNU) make simple but substantial changes in their web sites — for instance, to use the GNU Project's recommended terminology.
  • experiment to find good ways to attach fruits to a Grav-mass tree.

GOOD poo poo OP!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

axolotl farmer posted:

kitty jail for a month :catstare:

he no Twitter no more?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

he dead?

Cold on a Cob