Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

gently caress konami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

In Training posted:

The messed up part is that there's now a whole generation of filmmakers exactly like that guy who grew up being taught that the pinnacle of mass enterntainment is Dark Comic Book Movies

"We’re living in this different paradigm of what media is. What entertainment is, and the role it plays in people’s lives... I’m just saying it’s a completely different art form and a completely different medium now then it’s ever been. The whole purpose of it is completely different. And the power of it is different... like a hard R, super violent Power Rangers anime. So, when they morph, the Rangers go Super Saiyan into a Ranger."

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

gently caress konami

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/konami-announces-bombergirl-arcade

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Konami must be stopped.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oliwan posted:

I was juuuuuuuust too old for power rangers and I always thought it was real bad. Was there actually any merit to it?
it's on Netflix I think. Please watch the Pumpkin Rapper episode and the one with the giant gnome

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Warren Ellis is literally the best writer ever so im hype as gently caress for this netflix is producing a castlevania animated show

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Warren Ellis is literally the best writer ever so im hype as gently caress for this netflix is producing a castlevania animated show

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goa Tse-tung posted:

This is literally disgusting.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gee I can't wait until this becomes just popular enough to spawn a bad game with it's artstyle and then Konami to get mad when it sells like trash.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

The Josh Trank/Max Landis/Joss Whedon Holy Trinity

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Phantasium posted:

gee I can't wait until this becomes just popular enough to spawn a bad game with it's artstyle and then Konami to get mad when it sells like trash.

Um.. Is anyone going to tell him?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

HD remake of Symphony of the Night with a third, sideways castle

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

P-Mack posted:

HD remake of Symphony of the Night with a third, sideways castle

Don't be ridiculous.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
mobile remake of SOTN with microtransactions to buy the crissaegrim, uprendered cell shaded versions of the characters instead of pixel art, and a mega-man mobile style control scheme with four buttons: run, jump, attack, sub-weapon (you auto-target to the closest enemy)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They already made a SotN for phones and it's just a puzzle game.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phantasium posted:

They already made a SotN for phones and it's just a puzzle game.

that looks pretty cool, actually

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

that looks pretty cool, actually

Yeah, plus it seems to have my favorite SotN character in it -- Alucard.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

For a mobile game it's not terrible, yeah.

You still get equipment and explore a castle but then the puzzles are like random battles when you wander into an area.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

For a mobile game it's not terrible, yeah.

You still get equipment and explore a castle but then the puzzles are like random battles when you wander into an area.

Huh. Is it F2P or just a normal game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't remember any microtransactions, but I don't think it ever came to android. Just iOS and Windows Phone for some dumb reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I may check that out then, it sounds kinda cool.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Huh. Is it F2P or just a normal game.

it came out years ago back when Puzzle Quest was hot poo poo so it's just Puzzle Quest, idk if it even still works

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

doughvakiin posted:

Um.. Is anyone going to tell him?

Konami still makes games http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/bombergirl/bg/p/index.html

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

it came out years ago back when Puzzle Quest was hot poo poo so it's just Puzzle Quest, idk if it even still works

i would definitely play that if it didn't have microtransactions. it sucks that it's trapped on an old platform tho...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i would definitely play that if it didn't have microtransactions. it sucks that it's trapped on an old platform tho...

One of the best Classic Castlevanias was a WiiWare exclusive. Konami has brain damage.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/xenosynthplus/status/831057423544709120

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao that rules

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

lol incredible

• Locked thread