Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

netflix is producing a castlevania animated show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can't wait to vampire killer and chill with bae 😈👻😍

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It'll probably be better than all the games made after Ecclesia.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's by the mothershitting Adventure Time guy too! Hype!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome. I loved their Legend of Zelda live action show they totally made

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Is it gonna be Belmont based or Cruz based? This is important.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's by the mothershitting Adventure Time guy too! Hype!

and the transmetropolitan guy writing it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

and the transmetropolitan guy writing it

and the guy who posts in imp zone watching it

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope this is the same as Simon Belmont in captain n

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wrongggg thread

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oliwan posted:

I hope this is the same as Simon Belmont in captain n

how bout you make like a baby and head out, bozo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

It's going to star Shanoa for sure.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Evil Eagle posted:

It's going to star Shanoa for sure.

Ecclesia is so good

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

trying to jack off posted:

lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bill Barber posted:

Methinks the probability of that is an even 50/50 split.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

jokes on all of you guys, they're basing it off castlevania 3

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

jokes on all of you guys, they're basing it off castlevania 64

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm not kidding

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/08/netflix-announces-castlevania-animated-series

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Good, Castlevania 3 is my favorite.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Mads Mikkelsen will truly shine in his role as Dracula, Lord of Castlevania

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

jokes on all of you guys, they're basing it off castlevania 3

I guess that makes the most sense since that game has other playable characters to adapt to pal around with Trevor. Just having him acing off alone with generic monsters and the occasional talkative "boss" would be boring.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bolverkur posted:

my god

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

hope they do super castlevania 4 next :pray:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolverkur posted:

!!!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
"[The series is] going to be R-rated as f***," Shankar said of the series' level of violence, as many entries in Konami's game series were rated M for mature due to blood and violence. Shankar's discussion of the series' more adult aims reconfirms a 2015 interview in which he said the show would be "America's first animated series for adults." At the time, Shankar, who has produced Dredd, The Grey, and more, said Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and Young Justice were among the series inspiring the Castlevania series' art design.

Speaking to whether the franchise is aimed at the franchise's longtime fans or newcomers to the material, Shankar discussed his high hopes for the project, saying "this is going to be the best f*****g video game adaptation we've had to date."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

R-rated as f***

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

"[The series is] going to be R-rated as f***," Shankar said of the series' level of violence, as many entries in Konami's game series were rated M for mature due to blood and violence. Shankar's discussion of the series' more adult aims reconfirms a 2015 interview in which he said the show would be "America's first animated series for adults." At the time, Shankar, who has produced Dredd, The Grey, and more, said Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and Young Justice were among the series inspiring the Castlevania series' art design.

Speaking to whether the franchise is aimed at the franchise's longtime fans or newcomers to the material, Shankar discussed his high hopes for the project, saying "this is going to be the best f*****g video game adaptation we've had to date."

This Shankar guy sounds like a total BAMF.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/castlevania-tv-show-producer-video-games-are-like-the-1792230497

How old are you?

I’m 44.

Okay, so, there must have been a period in your life where you were playing video games and people were like, “What the gently caress are you doing?”

Oh, absolutely. Yeah.

RIGHT. THAT’S hosed UP, DUDE. VIDEO GAMES ARE LIKE THE DOPEST ARTFORM that exists, today. It BLOWS MY MIND that, like, PHOTOGRAPHERS—I don’t want to call anybody out—are treated more as an artist than a video game designer blows my loving mind.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Castlevania news kind of blew up unexpectedly. Why do you think people care about this news so much?

I think that’s because the niche things that made us outsiders are now, like, super-loving mainstream. It’s so weird, and it almost feels like a magic trick. “Oh no, it’s all going to be taken back.” Like, last night, I beat out a story for a Power Rangers anime—like a hard R, super violent Power Rangers anime. That would like kind of like Dragonball Z. So, when they morph, the Rangers go Super Saiyan into a Ranger. At any other point in history, this would be just, like, a fantasy that would have played out in my head. But even then my mind would have censored it. “Why are you even thinking about this? This is nonsense. This is never going to happen.”

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress konami

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bolverkur posted:

:pray:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Castlevania news kind of blew up unexpectedly. Why do you think people care about this news so much?

I think that’s because the niche things that made us outsiders are now, like, super-loving mainstream. It’s so weird, and it almost feels like a magic trick. “Oh no, it’s all going to be taken back.” Like, last night, I beat out a story for a Power Rangers anime—like a hard R, super violent Power Rangers anime. That would like kind of like Dragonball Z. So, when they morph, the Rangers go Super Saiyan into a Ranger. At any other point in history, this would be just, like, a fantasy that would have played out in my head. But even then my mind would have censored it. “Why are you even thinking about this? This is nonsense. This is never going to happen.”

lmao what the hell

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/castlevania-tv-show-producer-video-games-are-like-the-1792230497

How old are you?

I’m 44.

Okay, so, there must have been a period in your life where you were playing video games and people were like, “What the gently caress are you doing?”

Oh, absolutely. Yeah.

RIGHT. THAT’S hosed UP, DUDE. VIDEO GAMES ARE LIKE THE DOPEST ARTFORM that exists, today. It BLOWS MY MIND that, like, PHOTOGRAPHERS—I don’t want to call anybody out—are treated more as an artist than a video game designer blows my loving mind.

This is really stressing me out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This is really stressing me out.

The messed up part is that there's now a whole generation of filmmakers exactly like that guy who grew up being taught that the pinnacle of mass enterntainment is Dark Comic Book Movies

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was juuuuuuuust too old for power rangers and I always thought it was real bad. Was there actually any merit to it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok thank u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

The messed up part is that there's now a whole generation of filmmakers exactly like that guy who grew up being taught that the pinnacle of mass enterntainment is Dark Comic Book Movies

The Josh Trank/Max Landis/Joss Whedon Holy Trinity

• Locked thread