Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

I've seen every movie mentioned in this thread but these ones.

I'll check em out, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i think u will find the parallels between the movies and current events quite striking..... like how trump is prettyy much HE WHOSe NAME ShAlL NoT Be SAId......

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i think u will find the parallels between the movies and current events quite striking..... like how trump is prettyy much HE WHOSe NAME ShAlL NoT Be SAId......

hastur???

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

And eventually IT ALL ENDS

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
lego batman

deadgoon posted:

counterpoint: all things are bad, especially my posting

checks out

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Syriana is a great movie and stars future president George Clooney.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

We were robbed of a sequel :qq:

i parsed this as referrign to Come and See when I first saw it

green room was mentioned in passing, it's pretty good. i watched the mission during the inaugration, idk how much cspam will appreciate the religious themes but the conflict between father gabriel and rodrigo at the end has some relevance. (you can also just play new vegas: honest hearts for the discount version where the violent resistance actually works)

sick brunch kills
Nov 18, 2016

Brunch DJ goin' hard as fuck

This avatar brought to you by the Lowtax Needs a New Spine Fund

Punishment Park owns lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

i parsed this as referrign to Come and See when I first saw it.

That'd be a weird thing to say, because Come and See is a perfectly complete movie. Klimov never made another movie after that, because he thought he had done everything he could do in film.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Come and See is a great movie, just dont watch the english dub that exists for some reason

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

Come and See is a great movie, just dont watch the english dub that exists for some reason

i only.watch anime in the original japanese

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Russians have by far the worst dubbing method when they localize movies. They just leave in the original dub with a Russian dub layered over it, and it sounds loving awful.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

come and see is 100% about the shots of the main char's face in every scene and i assume he didn't survive the emotional turmoil of making the movie

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

jarofpiss posted:

come and see is 100% about the shots of the main char's face in every scene and i assume he didn't survive the emotional turmoil of making the movie

Aleksei Kravchenko is still alive and acting in Russian films, but the production of Idi i Smotri was extremely grueling. They subjected him to a lot of physical hardships, including exposure to the elements for days at a time. He practically lived like a partisan during shooting, and by the end of it he had already appeared to age prematurely. He looks fine now. Kinda looks like a Slavic Chuck Norris. :shrug:

sick brunch kills
Nov 18, 2016

Brunch DJ goin' hard as fuck

This avatar brought to you by the Lowtax Needs a New Spine Fund
I've never seen Come and See but I seriously wish I could find some more of the really raw soviet era footage from HyperNormalisation. That supermarket queue fight was ghastly and I want more.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Interested in 1981 horror about gentrification, native americans, and werewolves? Watch Wolfen.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see! And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

john wick 2 was fun

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

dredging up a dead thread to say that wag the dog is the most cspam movie. robert de niro plays a fixer who teams up with dustin hoffman as a hollywood producer to make up a war to distract the american public from a lurid sex scandal

quote:

Conrad 'Connie' Brean: You watched the Gulf War, what do you see day after day? The one smart bomb falling down the chimney. The truth? I was in the building when we shot that shot - we shot in a studio, Falls Church, Virginia. One-tenth scale model of a building.

Stanley Motss: Is that true?

Conrad 'Connie' Brean: How the gently caress do we know? You take my point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
trainspotting is the c-spammiest of films, imo

• Locked thread