Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

The Thread was destroyed,
but hey, what can you do?

Practice your salute, it's time to join the Army!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I figured that scientist guy was evil after a little bit. He seemed a little TOO forgetful to be true.

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

It's finally over!

(there's still one more bonus episode)

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Cool game, nice LP.

But uh. One reason I kept following this LP because I had Questions that I was sure would get answered.

For instance, the game hints at gravitational time dilation - the effect predicted by Einstein and confirmed by satellites that time runs faster farther away from a gravitational source. That's a cool thing to involve in a game that's about gravity.

We see it here because Kat clearly only spent a couple of days or so with the children close to the source of the gravity (a planet? black hole?) while a year passed in Hekseville up there. And the kids had only been down there for a little while, while... I believe it was indicated the parents had nearly forgotten about them, they had given up the search years ago? And I think there was a hint at some point that there's something above Hekseville. Time would go way faster there, several generations could pass while nothing much happens in Hekseville.

This means there could be different towns stacked on top of each other, each one having an exponentially faster technological evolution.

I was expecting this would be made explicit at some point but it never was.

If there's something on top of Hekseville this might also explain some of Kat and Raven's backstory. I mean, where DID Kat come from? At the very beginning, I felt like the game would answer that at some point because it was being set up as this big mystery. But it never really did.

And there's so many more questions. What's up with the Creators? What's up with those other worlds you visit to get parts of the city back? How the hell can a world like this exist at all? What is supporting the big 'world tree', and what's under those dark clouds at the bottom, if anything? Is there a surface somewhere, and does a civilization live there?

For some reason, this game convinced me that all these questions were going to be answered at some point, and none of them did. I suppose I cannot really blame the game for that, I guess my expectations were just wrong. But it does disappoint me a bit to not get any relevant background information about the world we find ourselves in, or about who our player character really is.

I don't know if there's any answers in the sequel, I haven't played nor seen any of that, and I don't want to speculate and bring up spoiler discussion, so if there's anything there, I'll just have to wait and find out, I suppose.

So, everyone, how did you interpret this incredibly strange game world? I'd like to hear your theories.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 28, 2017

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

Cool game, nice LP.

But uh. One reason I kept following this LP because I had Questions that I was sure would get answered.

For instance, the game hints at gravitational time dilation - the effect predicted by Einstein and confirmed by satellites that time runs faster farther away from a gravitational source. That's a cool thing to involve in a game that's about gravity.

We see it here because Kat clearly only spent a couple of days or so with the children close to the source of the gravity (a planet? black hole?) while a year passed in Hekseville up there. And the kids had only been down there for a little while, while... I believe it was indicated the parents had nearly forgotten about them, they had given up the search years ago? And I think there was a hint at some point that there's something above Hekseville. Time would go way faster there, several generations could pass while nothing much happens in Hekseville.

This means there could be different towns stacked on top of each other, each one having an exponentially faster technological evolution.

I was expecting this would be made explicit at some point but it never was.

If there's something on top of Hekseville this might also explain some of Kat and Raven's backstory. I mean, where DID Kat come from? At the very beginning, I felt like the game would answer that at some point because it was being set up as this big mystery. But it never really did.

And there's so many more questions. What's up with the Creators? What's up with those other worlds you visit to get parts of the city back? How the hell can a world like this exist at all? What is supporting the big 'world tree', and what's under those dark clouds at the bottom, if anything? Is there a surface somewhere, and does a civilization live there?

For some reason, this game convinced me that all these questions were going to be answered at some point, and none of them did. I suppose I cannot really blame the game for that, I guess my expectations were just wrong. But it does disappoint me a bit to not get any relevant background information about the world we find ourselves in, or about who our player character really is.

I don't know if there's any answers in the sequel, I haven't played nor seen any of that, and I don't want to speculate and bring up spoiler discussion, so if there's anything there, I'll just have to wait and find out, I suppose.

So, everyone, how did you interpret this incredibly strange game world? I'd like to hear your theories.

A lot of this is actually talked about in the sequel, so when I finally get around to LPing that game we'll have a lot more info to discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

Thanks everyone for your patience, I'm really glad I could get this LP out. It was a lot of fun to work on!

• Locked thread